OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

New cards released, updated lists, new episodes? If you have news to report, this is the place.
User avatar
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Australia

OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:25 am

Image
Image
Forbidden:
Performapal Monkeyboard
Lavalval Chain
Life Equalizer

Newly Limited:
Sangan
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
Performapal Skullcrobat Joker
Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer
Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer
Draco Face-Off
Wavering Eyes
Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
Mask Change Second
Tour Guide from the Underworld
Emergency Teleport
Domain of the True Monarchs
Pantheism of the Monarchs
Pendulum Call
Reasoning
Monster Gate

Newly Semi-Limited:
Super Rejuvenation

Unlimited:
Glow-Up Bulb
Kuribandit
Destiny Hero – Malicious
Mermail Abyssteus
Mind Control
Book of Moon
Gold Sarcophagus
Allure of Darkness
Dragon Shrine
Crush Card Virus

Sangan’s been Errataed:

Sangan
The effect of “Sangan” can only be used once per turn. (1) When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Add 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand. {If you add a monster to your hand with this effect, you cannot activate the effects of monsters with the same name during that turn.}
Stop. Errata'ing. Cards.
Image
X X

User avatar
Gouki
Super Rare Duelist
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by Gouki » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:14 pm

certain cards need errata's in order for them to ever be playable again, sangan isn't the case. sangan was already god awful and could have easily gone to 3 with its original text. now they errata the card to make it EVEN MORE unplayable. phenomenal job KoJ.


pertaining to the list, it's obvious the ocg wants a full blown reset to the game. they're going out of their way to hit cards that don't even NEED to be hit. however, i do love some of their pre-emptive (kinda not really) hits.

mask change second
emergency teleport
reasoning
monster gate


these are really great hits. does it make infernoid unplayable? yeah, absolutely. but you sacrifice one deck to save ten decks any time.

cards like MC2, teleport, reasoning, monster gate, AHL are all horrible card design. maybe it's just me, but i don't think any deck should be allowed to play a full set of cards that summon monsters from the deck for free. granted, MC2 doesn't do that but it does allow for dark law to be splashed in any dark related deck which is just 100% wrong to do.


now some of their hits i feel are really bad.

domain of the true monarch
pantheism of the monarch
scarm, malebranche of the burning abyss
dante, traveler of the burning abyss
ignister prominence, the blasting dracoslayer


all of these cards were the absolute incorrect hits to their respective decks. a deck like monarchs is already so inconsistent that hitting any of their monarch spell and trap cards just makes the deck totally unplayable. had they just put teleport to 1, upstart goblin to 1, and one for one banned, the deck would have been playable but a really terrible glass cannon.

scarm and dante literally do nothing. i mean sure, you can search in the END PHASE and sure, you can mill 3 and recycle some cards. but why hit the power cards when you can literally cripple their consistency? if they put tour guide to 1 (which they did), cir and graff to 1, burning abyss becomes an incredibly weak version of its former self. hell, i would argue the deck would still be played but not nearly as powerful as it once was. hitting dante makes the deck practically unplayable.

so you put monkeyboard to 0, joker to 1, sorcerer to 1, face off to 1, and luster to 1 but you think ignister to 1 is justified as well? this is just so wrong. you've basically stripped the deck of its consistency and will force any later iterations to play max guitartle and lizardraw as their means of consistency. why hit ignister if access to luster dragon has diminished drastically? seems so off to me.



also before i forget, hitting life equalizer was 100% the correct move for konami. anyone that disagrees can easily go back to pojo.
Image

Signature created by Kamikon Wolf

User avatar
Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 8392
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:12 pm
Location: London, Britain
Contact:

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Took long enough for Book to be unlimited, when it's been [bleep] for years ;-;
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by JhonnyCees » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:18 am

Hate them errataing cards. Its not even errata. It is just blatently changing their effects. I promise you that soom DMOC and Chaos Emperor Dragon will be back sometime soon.
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
Darksoul
Ultra Rare Duelist
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:22 am
Location: The Shadow Realm..

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by Darksoul » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:35 am

Gouki wrote:certain cards need errata's in order for them to ever be playable again, sangan isn't the case. sangan was already god awful and could have easily gone to 3 with its original text. now they errata the card to make it EVEN MORE unplayable. phenomenal job KoJ.


pertaining to the list, it's obvious the ocg wants a full blown reset to the game. they're going out of their way to hit cards that don't even NEED to be hit. however, i do love some of their pre-emptive (kinda not really) hits.

mask change second
emergency teleport
reasoning
monster gate


these are really great hits. does it make infernoid unplayable? yeah, absolutely. but you sacrifice one deck to save ten decks any time.

cards like MC2, teleport, reasoning, monster gate, AHL are all horrible card design. maybe it's just me, but i don't think any deck should be allowed to play a full set of cards that summon monsters from the deck for free. granted, MC2 doesn't do that but it does allow for dark law to be splashed in any dark related deck which is just 100% wrong to do.


now some of their hits i feel are really bad.

domain of the true monarch
pantheism of the monarch
scarm, malebranche of the burning abyss
dante, traveler of the burning abyss
ignister prominence, the blasting dracoslayer


all of these cards were the absolute incorrect hits to their respective decks. a deck like monarchs is already so inconsistent that hitting any of their monarch spell and trap cards just makes the deck totally unplayable. had they just put teleport to 1, upstart goblin to 1, and one for one banned, the deck would have been playable but a really terrible glass cannon.

scarm and dante literally do nothing. i mean sure, you can search in the END PHASE and sure, you can mill 3 and recycle some cards. but why hit the power cards when you can literally cripple their consistency? if they put tour guide to 1 (which they did), cir and graff to 1, burning abyss becomes an incredibly weak version of its former self. hell, i would argue the deck would still be played but not nearly as powerful as it once was. hitting dante makes the deck practically unplayable.

so you put monkeyboard to 0, joker to 1, sorcerer to 1, face off to 1, and luster to 1 but you think ignister to 1 is justified as well? this is just so wrong. you've basically stripped the deck of its consistency and will force any later iterations to play max guitartle and lizardraw as their means of consistency. why hit ignister if access to luster dragon has diminished drastically? seems so off to me.



also before i forget, hitting life equalizer was 100% the correct move for konami. anyone that disagrees can easily go back to pojo.

Agreed regarding the Monarch hits, Pantheism was bought in so that the deck can have some of its consistency back, and now Konami wants to remove that? At least give them a full format with it at full power! Domain doesn't need to be limited, if anything, I feel it could be semi limited but it really isn't too bad of a card for simply locking the opponent out of the extra deck via having a vulnerable monster on the field. March is simply a bad card anyway.

Ignister to 1 is a joke, the consistency has already been impaired via Face-Off and the access to Luster Dragon monsters.

Burning Abyss really isn't that much of a problem, if anything, just limit Scarm and I would be fine with the deck as is. It's a simple Abyss Dweller for me.

Upstart Goblin to 1 would be a terrible move and every competitive player everywhere would protest.

Life Equalizer is a good hit, good bye Magical Explosion FTK, you skill-less deck.

For the sake of Konami being Konami, I think they have bought back Sangan as a Scarm 'substitute'.

Reasoning and Monster gate were amazing moves by Konami, for the sacrifice of Infernoids, now Kozmos and countless other decks are less powerful as a result.

With this being said,

Let the Atlantean/Mermail era begin again!
Image
Evilfaic wrote:Just put Magician of Faith into MS Paint and color it black. Basically an Xyz.

User avatar
Gouki
Super Rare Duelist
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by Gouki » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 am

you can protest about upstart goblin but ultimately it breaks a game mechanic
Image

Signature created by Kamikon Wolf

User avatar
LewieGee
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 14196
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:17 am
Location: je suis la garre

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by LewieGee » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Really weird how usually everyone complains that the hits are too weak and don't hit the problem decks; this list hits all the problem decks and that's too far? ?
:oops:

User avatar
jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1759
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:43 pm
Location: Marion, Ohioooooo

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by jwestbro11 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:43 pm

[spoiler]Funny ad not found.
Not Found

The requested URL /ads/1000005113/3737 was not found on this server.[/spoiler]

Another errata I guess cool. I gave up caring about yugioh a long time ago but old cards playable again is a good in my opinion

Maybe a mass driver errata.
twice per turn,...
Image
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by JhonnyCees » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:09 am

Why can't they just make retraimed versions of the cards? They are erasing history by errsting old cards.
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
Gouki
Super Rare Duelist
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by Gouki » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:31 am

JhonnyCees wrote:Why can't they just make retraimed versions of the cards? They are erasing history by errsting old cards.

yeah it's rather unfortunate. with the errata on cards like dark strike fighter, dark magician of chaos, etc.. modern day players just getting into the game will never know what made those cards special. not to mention, they errata'd CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON. of all the errata's they had to do it to the card that started it all. sad :( :( :( :(
Image

Signature created by Kamikon Wolf

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by JhonnyCees » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:33 pm

They didnt errata dark magician of chaos or chaos emperor dragon...?
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:17 pm

JhonnyCees wrote:They didnt errata dark magician of chaos or chaos emperor dragon...?
They errated DMOC in both the TCG and OCG. It just hasn't come off the banlist for us.

Chaos Emperor only has an errata in the OCG.
Image
X X

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by Wallaceman105 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:13 pm

As a monarch guy, this is just annoying. Consistency is all the deck loses, but that can be made up for. Hitting domain to one was litterally adding insult to injury. 2 of each I could understand, even agree with. But both limited? That's just friggin stupid.

Rip BA, we knew you too well.
Obviously still gonna see play, but now they're not as annoying.

Super Quantums are gonna be so salty. Also annoying as a monarch guy because I was just beginning to enjoy that engine. Anyone know if it's even viable now?

This format, I might just invest in mermail/Atlanteans.
Problem is, that's like what, a $400-$500 investment?

I rate the list 7/10. I agree with gouki, they were likely going for a near-full game reset.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by JhonnyCees » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:16 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
JhonnyCees wrote:They didnt errata dark magician of chaos or chaos emperor dragon...?
They errated DMOC in both the TCG and OCG. It just hasn't come off the banlist for us.

Chaos Emperor only has an errata in the OCG.
I imagine it will soon be coming to the TCG as well. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: OCG April 2016 banlist and Sangan Errata

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:43 pm

JhonnyCees wrote:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
JhonnyCees wrote:They didnt errata dark magician of chaos or chaos emperor dragon...?
They errated DMOC in both the TCG and OCG. It just hasn't come off the banlist for us.

Chaos Emperor only has an errata in the OCG.
I imagine it will soon be coming to the TCG as well. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid
They're both practically unplayable with there erratas if I remember correctly. Chill out bruh.
Image
X X

Post Reply