New Ancient Gears <3

New cards released, updated lists, new episodes? If you have news to report, this is the place.
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

New Ancient Gears <3

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:19 am

Antique Gear Reactor Dragon /Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon
Level 9 EARTH Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 3000
(1) If this Tribute Summoned Card, that was Tributed Summoned by Tributing an “Ancient Gear” monster, attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage.
(2) If this Tribute Summoned Card, that was Tribute Summoned by Tributing a “Gadget” monster, this card can attack twice during each Battle Phase.
(3) If this card declares an attack, until the end of the damage step, your opponent cannot activate the effects of Monster Cards or activate Spell/Trap Cards.
(4) At the end of a damage step when this card attacked: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

Ancient Gear Gadget
Level 4 EARTH Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 500
DEF 2000
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can declare a card type (Monster, Spell or Trap); when your monsters attack this this turn, until the end of the damage step, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects of the declared type.
(2) Once per turn: You can declare the name of a “Gadget” monster; until the end of this turn, this card’s name becomes the same as the declared monster.

Ancient Gear Catapult
Normal Spell Card
You can only use either effect of “Ancient Gear Catapult” once per turn.
(1) If you control no monsters: You can target 1 face-up card you control; destroy that card, and if you do, Special Summon an “Ancient Gear” monster from your Deck, ignoring the summoning conditions.
(2) Banish this card from your Graveyard, then target a face up card you control; destroy that card and special summon an “Ancient Gear Token” (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).

The monsters are rather average, but Catapult is cool. Hopefully it doesn't make Geartown miss timing. If it doesn't then that is amazing.
X X

Master Lightflare
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: New Ancient Gears <3

Post by Master Lightflare » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:28 am

I know that the first effect of catapult won't make geartown miss timing, as it has the same wording as metalfoes and they don't make yang zings miss timing. The second effect I'm not sure about.

*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:48 am

Neither effect makes geartown lose timing, so that's good.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:16 pm

It's a bit hard to see, but I dig the artwork on Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

einstein
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by einstein » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:25 am

Is there a use for Ancient Gear Gadget's second effect? I feel like there must be, but I can't think of anything at the moment. Maybe one will come in the future.

The more you observe, the less you assume.

Reading is fundamental.

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:02 am

einstein wrote:Is there a use for Ancient Gear Gadget's second effect? I feel like there must be, but I can't think of anything at the moment. Maybe one will come in the future.
You make it red/yellow/green and tribute it for the Gadjiltrons for there effects.

Another thing you can do is call any gadget, machine dupe it and get two searches. You can also copy gold/silver.
X X

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:06 am

Honestly Ancient Gears as a deck are so confusing. They remind me of the Genex in that they keep trying to re-invent them but don't really commit to anything

The OG ancient gears were focused on the whole can't respond to attacks schtick, which was pretty huge at the time, and getting out best sticks to make the most of it (Golem, Beast, Soldier, Castle, etc)

Then they tried to merge them with Gadgets for a sort of weird toolbox tribute gadgitron... Thing (Chimera, Dragon, Gear)

Then there was the random stuff to try and pump Golems and / or the Fusion out quickly (Spell Gear, Factory, Ultimate Golem) and what was probably an accidental spin-off in Geartown

Then they made it Geargia support for some reason (Box)

Then the anime has this really weird fusion ladder focus with the hounds and the fusion cards which is... Weird (Double bite hound, triple bite hound, chaos giant, etc)

And now there's this which sort of tries to smush a load of it together? the big dragon guy is really cool and has the sort of beat down / effect cancellation / geartown thing going on, but also has the gadget stuff... Really feels forced...
:oops:

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:16 am

I agree with you. They should centralise the whole theme and stop focusing on so many different sub-effects.
X X

nontas13
Rare Duelist

Post by nontas13 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:32 am

Whats the name of the magazine that they released these photos?
Bring back the awesome designs of old yugioh!

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by jwestbro11 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:07 am

Yea they look ok but that is all I can say about them. I will try them out and back out or retirement :lol:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

einstein
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by einstein » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:53 am

nontas13 wrote:Whats the name of the magazine that they released these photos?
V Jump.

The more you observe, the less you assume.

Reading is fundamental.

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:11 am

Haven't updated this in a while.

SR03-JP003 Antique Gearwyvern / Ancient Gear Wyvern
Level 4 Earth Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1700
DEF 1200
You can only use the (1) effect of “Ancient Gear Wyvern” once per turn.
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 “Ancient Gear” card from your Deck to your hand, except “Ancient Gear Wyvern”, also, you cannot Set cards for the rest of this turn.
(2) If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate monster effects until the end of the Damage Step.

SR03-JP002 Antique Gearhydrea / Ancient Gear Hydra
Level 7 Earth Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 2700
DEF 1700
(1) If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing an “Ancient Gear” monster, at the end of the Damage Step, when this card battles an opponent’s monster, but the opponent’s monster was not destroyed by the battle: You can banish that opponent’s monster.
(2) If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a “Gadget” monster, it can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.
(3) If an “Ancient Gear” monster you control attacks, your opponent cannot activate monster effects or Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.

SR03-JP022 古代の機械要塞 Antique Gear Fortress / Ancient Gear Fortress
Continuous Spell Card
(1) “Ancient Gear” monsters cannot be targeted by, or destroyed by, an opponent’s card effect during the turn they are Normal or Special Summoned to your side of the field.
(2) Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the activation of an “Ancient Gear” card effect.
(3) If this card is destroyed in your Spell & Trap Zone: You can Special Summon 1 “Ancient Gear” monster from your hand or Graveyard, but you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except “Ancient Gear” monsters.

RATE-JP013 古代の機械猟犬 Antique Gear Hound Dog / Ancient Gear Hunting Hound
Level 3 EARTH Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1000
DEF 1000
(1) If this card is Normal Summoned: Inflict 600 damage to your opponent.
(2) If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell and Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.
(3) Once per turn: You can Fusion Summon 1 “Ancient Gear” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by using monsters you control or have in your hand as Fusion Material Monsters.

Dog is in the next set, so it's not in the structure deck. There will probably be more ancient gear cards in the set.

I really like Wyvern and Fortress.
Dog is also very interesting. Will be good if there was a better fusion monster.
X X

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Another ancient gears structure deck, oooooh.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

nontas13
Rare Duelist

Post by nontas13 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:36 pm

for my deck i got exactly the support i needed iam very curious to see the other cards of the structure deck but i dont believe it will have more new cards..also we need more ag monsters with level 6 and under and some traps of course..those are getting hopefully in the RATE
Bring back the awesome designs of old yugioh!

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:43 am

RATE-JP042 Antique Gear Devil / Ancient Gear Fiend
Level 8 EARTH Machine-Type Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 1000
DEF 1800
Fusion Materials: 2 “Ancient Gear” monsters
You can only use the (2) effect of “Ancient Gear Fiend” once per turn.
(1) This card is unaffected by other card effects.
(2) During your Main Phase: You can inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
(3) If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 “Ancient Gear” monster from your Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Antique Gear Reborn / Ancient Gear Reborn
Continuous Trap Card
(1) You only control 1 “Ancient Gear Reborn”.
(2) Once per turn, if you control no monsters: you can target 1 “Ancient Gear” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. It gains 200 ATK.

Fusion monster is cool. Trap is decent.
X X