Is my barrel dragon fake?

Here is a great place to discuss your favorite monster and effect monster cards.
Danielkiteman
Common Duelist

Is my barrel dragon fake?

Post by Danielkiteman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:49 pm

My barrel dragon is unlimited , MRD-126 ,Everything about it is perfect except for three small things.

1. The ultra rare lettering looks like it’s from the newer sets (harder to catch the light to make it shine)

2. It looks slightly more orange than my other effect monsters and the text box is lighter

3. In the effect which says: “Toss a coin 3 times. If 2 out of 3 results are Heads, destroy 1 monster on your [etc]” the number “1” is moved to the second line of text where as on every other barrel dragon I’ve seen the “1” is the last character on the first line.

Is this card fake? Besides those 3 small details it looks identical to a real yugioh card. I’ve watched a dozen videos and read every website and according to those sources this card is real but I don’t believe it. Has anyone seen a fake like this? Dang.

Thanks.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Is my barrel dragon fake?

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:36 am

Well for one, try linking your image into the image tags.
We cannot see it, and I even tried to edit your past for you to fix it, but there's no text inside your image tags for me to fix.

The effect text does sound off since I cannot find it written that way on any images either, but that's not enough for me to say it's a fake.
The colors on it I'd have to actually see, but since you have no image, I can't know.

MRD-126 is correct for the old North American printing (later re-releases would have it MRD-EN126).

If you can post an actual image of it, we'd be able to help better.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Danielkiteman
Common Duelist

Post by Danielkiteman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:40 am

MysticJhn wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:36 am
Well for one, try linking your image into the image tags.

sorry i hope that worked. i posted 6 pics of it on my instagram link there hope that works. Thank you for your reply. The one on the left is the one im suspicious of, the card on the right is real for sure. I suspect the left one may be a European English card? I dont know for sure.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvvku0SHABo/

ok heres the link.
Last edited by Danielkiteman on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:22 pm

I’ve gotta say, I’m stumped on this one. Honestly, if you showed me that card without telling me you think it’s fake, I wouldn’t question it. It does look slightly too orange, but it lacks any real indicators normal fakes have. I want to say it’s real, but I really don’t know. You might think the effect text is a misprint, but that wouldn’t cause the 1 to change lines like that. Hopefully someone with a better eye looks at the card.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Aren’t european prints slightly darker it could be from a UK set.