Yu-Gi-Oh! Store
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:09 pm 
Retired Staff

there are 2 more classes of hero monsters coming soon. Vision Heroes and Masked Heroes. And they plug into all the hero support.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Masked_Hero

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vision_Hero

I'm just now starting to look these guys over. Some interesting effects. One can't be destroyed except by battle. When I wrote my 'Future of Fusion' article in Yugioh News this is the kind of support I was alluding to. I lived in Japan for several years and they love their heroes. They love any hero. I think the irony is not lost on them that the american comic book hero was the first art form to capture the spirit of the hero despite the fact the best animation in the world is currently drawn by citizens of asian descent imo.

Our card game's creator is a japanese citizen and the company is a japanese company. We have to appreciate their heritage and respect it. I personally admire it and want to bring injection fairy lily to life so I can marry her and live happily ever after.

I know that the general consensus among advanced players is that the hero archetype is mostly jank. They are not the blackwings or the lightsworn. Which is exactly why i do like them. Thanks to our fusion and savior Absolute Zero and a man named Naoyuki_Kageyama http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naoyuki_Kageyama

Kageyama was personally charged by Kazuki Takahasi to take over and re create the entire GX storyline. Obviously the horrible quality of the story isn't lost on our game's creator. Kageyama has done an incredible job. The story in the manga is actually enjoyable and the cards he has created has changed our gamescape forever. Mezuki just to name one he did.

5D's isn't going to be around forever and Jaden was a young kid when they ended the series. I could easily see an entire second series being based on jaden. Add to that the fact Kageyama is about to re-write the yubel saga. Which means he may possibly create more evil heroes and evil hero support. Yes of course I'm biased (derr) but i'm just stating a fact. He may also actually skip the entire supreme king arc but I doubt it... the story behind it is one of the few decent arcs the series had.

I'll end by reminding everyone of another card Kageyama invented. You may have heard of it. Elemental Hero Stratos.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:14 pm 
Ghost Rare Duelist

Masked Hero is meh, but Vision hero is way broken. :o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:29 pm 
Super Special Awesome Rare

Are these getting a physical release?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:28 pm 
YCG Data Hunter

LewieGee wrote:

That sounds rather naughty. :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:26 pm 
Ghost Rare Duelist

Vision Heroes has a nasty doubling of ATK ability. Woah.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:44 pm 
Secret Rare Duelist

Location: A magical land known as 4chan. I wouldn't recommend it.
Zeronex wrote:
Masked Hero is meh, but Vision hero is way broken. :o

It's only because most of the Masked Heroes out in the manga are like the first set of Elemental Heroes to come out. Kinda worthless vanilla monsters. Just wait, the duel against Edo is the first duel Judai has used Masked Heroes in. We'll probably see some cool stuff later on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:51 am 
Rare Duelist

Although it's not exactly similar, the effects of the Vision Heroes make me think of the Crystal Beasts...

I may have to give them a try just because of that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:28 am 
Ultimate Rare Duelist

LewieGee wrote:

They might but I doubt it.

They could possibly be released with a couple of volumes of the Manga, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Then again I got Gorz when I bought R Volume 3 the other week.

From what I've read so far of the GX Manga, I think its stronger than the GX Anime, I like the addition of a Mentor for Jaden in Koyo Hibiki and the re-introduction of the Shadow Realm.

Across the Planet Comics with your hosts Katrina & Nick released every Sunday. Join us to look at the news of the week and the best (And sometimes worst) comics of that week and yesteryear.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:50 pm 
Ultimate Rare Duelist

STARTOS! *Boom* XD Stratos is pure hero to me, first on the scene and calling in all other kinds of Heros to kick arse in the name of friendship! Or whatever thatbondsrubbishis,damngenericmaincharcterYusei. XD

Not sure what I think of the masked heros yet, the manga is very slow translated everywhere and it always sells out, so online is all I can read it on. Never knew stratos was invented in the manga, but then I never seen GX, or the orignal Yu-Gi-Oh manga.

But yeah, in all honestly, if it was not for the manga, Heros would be a struggling archtype. From what I can see, the animaters understand so little about actually having a game. 5d's was pile of randoms vs another pile of randoms. I can only assume GX was more of the same. I looked at E-Heros and went "Sweet god! I want to love these guys, I love super heros and warrior toolboxes, but this deck just does not work. Nercoshade with two tribute monsters in the entire archtype? So many of the fusions putting on additional cost after you used 3 cards in a fusion?! Save me!"

Of course, there were some really neat Heros, like Sparkman, Captain Gold, Neos Alius and Wildheart, but they just lacked that zell that Cyber Dragon had. A quick 2100 attack you say? A 5000 pound monster called 5 headed dragon? Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon? While it was there, the only way they could keep up was forgo their namesake, fusion and focus on skyscraper beatdown as not to have their fusions instant owned. Plus so much released for them was simply not designed to work with Heros at all, confusing any new player who did not know wrong from right.

Then the manga was written, and we got heros with really good effects that were unique to them. Stratos being the face and the searcher, with his ever present 1800 attack and his ability to toolbox. Woodsman to act as a wall and have poly in hand. Ocean was slender, but allowed the Heros to be recycled to be summoned again. The heat could be formidable attack when backed up. All sorts of pieces that were not there before just started to click. Infact, with just stratos alone, they went from down to super gadgets. XD

Now with Zero, Gaia, the Shining and Gaint Tornado, along with captain planet (Terra Ferma), it's not hard to see why I got exicted about them again.

*Sighs*

Sorry for that all of text, just reminising. I really need to update my decklist and deck again. XD

But yeah, so far the GX manga has been quite good, I enjoy it more then 5D's by far. I can't wait to see what else the future brings.

As for masked and vision heros, can't really say much about them right now, I know nothing about either of them except for the cards. Right now, not sure how they fit together. Either way, I think they came too late to benfit from the all gathering stratos.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:48 pm 
Ghost Rare Duelist

Vision Heroes are officially getting released in Jumps

I know http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vision_Magician is being released, except instead of 1 monster its 1 hero

Source:
http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/6195943/
http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/6295504/

Quote:
Favorite Quotes:
"So zetta slow!" - Sho Minamimoto
"Appo." - Gintoki Sakata
"You could say....?" - King of Terror
"Objection!" - Phoenix Wright

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:34 pm 
Super Special Awesome Rare

Pretty cool I guess for the right decks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm 
Ghost Rare Duelist

o.O Vision Mage is rather vicious. Can bring out Malicious,Sangan, Plaguespreader or ANOTHER Vision Mage!! XD

EDIT: I didn't read the "Hero" part. Oh well, you still can bring out Malicious with it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:10 pm 
Retired Staff

E Hero Avian
E Hero Bubbleman
E Hero Clayman
E Hero Woodsman
Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy
E Hero Knospe
E Hero Ice Edge http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Hero_Ice_Edge
D Hero Captain Tenacious
D Hero Blade Master
D Hero Defender
D Hero Departed
D Hero Doom Lord
D Hero Dread Servant
D Hero Fear Monger
D Hero Malicious
Hero Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:15 pm 
Ultimate Rare Duelist

I've always liked Ice Edge. Just never found somewhere to put it in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:42 pm 
Retired Staff

I'm getting read up on the masked heroes and wow!

This guy sounds more like an Omni Class Monster to me. If they make this guy's attribute dark then I think we may have our dark omni class monster.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Masked_Hero_Goka

He's not an omni atm, but I think when he is created in the actual game they will alter his text similar to how they did absolute zero. I really think this may be the precursory form of our dark omni.

and this guy??????? don't even tease me like this konami... I mean I'm only human!!!!

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vision_Hero_Increase