Tsukuyomi

Here is a great place to discuss your favorite monster and effect monster cards.
knyteii
Rare Duelist

Tsukuyomi

Post by knyteii » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Have you guys ever thought about the card, Tsukuyomi? The possible combos it can be used for are awesome! Paladin of Dark Dragon, Blue-Eyes chaos MAX Dragon, Creature Swap can all be used with him. Plus, he can be easily searched for.

xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Tsukuyomi

Post by xion52998 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 am

knyteii wrote:Have you guys ever thought about the card, Tsukuyomi? The possible combos it can be used for are awesome! Paladin of Dark Dragon, Blue-Eyes chaos MAX Dragon, Creature Swap can all be used with him. Plus, he can be easily searched for.
It's bad, not useful at all for any deck. Every other deck wants the normal summon for a card that furthers their plays, not a card that does virtually nothing.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:28 am

Goats?

But yeah, Book of Moon > Tsuk
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

knyteii
Rare Duelist

Post by knyteii » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Why do you feel this way, xion?

xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:35 pm

knyteii wrote:Why do you feel this way, xion?
Counter question: what is it good for? What are you going to flip that is worth wasting a normal summon on? Even then, a card like book of eclipse or swords of concealing light affect their entire board, without using a normal summon. It's hard to justify using it when the effect is subpar and there are better spells.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.

knyteii
Rare Duelist

Post by knyteii » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:12 am

Well, Creature Swap and Mystic box would wind up giving your opponent nothing. There are more. I did mention them in my prior post.

xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:11 am

knyteii wrote:Well, Creature Swap and Mystic box would wind up giving your opponent nothing. There are more. I did mention them in my prior post.
Mystic box and creature swap are bad cards, but even if you still want to use them, a card like Effect Veiler is better because it actually does something good. Or use a deck that doesn't suck like Yosenju.

knyteii
Rare Duelist

Post by knyteii » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:06 pm

Don't underestimate my strategies. In the very first tournament I went to they laughed and said that my 60 card ritual monster deck would be a pushover. But I obliterated everyone I went up against except for 2 people. One had a light monster deck that relied on the 1700 attack light monster that removes 2 light monsters from the graveyard to destroy one monster. But all 3 games we played were close. And, the other one that beat me, had a no-draw deck that relied on Yata-Garasu, Time Seal and Drop-off. Now that deck, I can admit, beat me fully. Every tournament I have finished, I made it to either the finals or I was beaten by the person who won the finals.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Yata-Garasu is banned.
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:18 pm

knyteii wrote:Don't underestimate my strategies. In the very first tournament I went to they laughed and said that my 60 card ritual monster deck would be a pushover. But I obliterated everyone I went up against except for 2 people. One had a light monster deck that relied on the 1700 attack light monster that removes 2 light monsters from the graveyard to destroy one monster. But all 3 games we played were close. And, the other one that beat me, had a no-draw deck that relied on Yata-Garasu, Time Seal and Drop-off. Now that deck, I can admit, beat me fully. Every tournament I have finished, I made it to either the finals or I was beaten by the person who won the finals.
What tournament are you playing that allows banned cards? Was there anybody there using cards with Zoodiac, Infernoid, Kozmo, Kaiju, or Burning Abyss in their name? If there were, you would be absolutely slaughtered. 60 card ritual deck sounds awful unless you have the searching power of Nekroz or are using lawnmowing to get the Djinns in grave, and even that is not very good.

knyteii
Rare Duelist

Post by knyteii » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Actually, I tested the deck out in YGOPRO and it did pretty well. The tournaments I played were like 10 years ago. Most of which were before the ban list. I only restarted around the end of last year. So xyz's, pendulums and syncro's are very new to me.

Darkness_Squall
Common Duelist

Post by Darkness_Squall » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:43 pm

You're right knyteii, it's true that Tsukuyomi has all sorts of exciting combos, in addition to being a powerful card on its own - that's why Tsukuyomi was actually completely banned for many years.

What xion52998 is saying is that the card is not a useful card in the current competitive metagame. That's why you can now have three copies of Tsukuyomi in your deck; she used to be so good that she was banned, but now she's so bad (relative to other cards, and the metagame) that you can have three.