Ten Thousand Dragon (The 10,000th card)

Here is a great place to discuss your favorite monster and effect monster cards.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Ten Thousand Dragon (The 10,000th card)

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:11 am

A new Dragon, and I like it.
Ten Thouand Dragon

Tribute monsters you control whose combined ATK/DEF equals 10,000 or more
to Special Summon this monster from your hand.
It's ATK/DEF then becomes 10,000.

Is this a good card in the modern meta?
Not at all.
It has no protection, does no destruction, does nothing.
It's a super beatstick that runs over everything, and the monsters you Tributed
to get it out are probably more useful individually than this card.

I still like it though.
It's got cool looking artwork , it's a Dragon, and has OVER 9000! ATK.
I can just imagine Seto Kaiba using this Dragon in old school Yu-Gi-Oh as a finisher.
I want one.

By the way, this card is the official 10,000th Yu-Gi-Oh card to ever exist.
All the more reason to just own one, even if you never play it in any deck ever.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Re: Ten Thousand Dragon (The 10,000th card)

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:12 pm

I love everything about this, most especially how useless it is.

The brown and black swirl from the card backs is a nice touch in the background.

Does this imply every card has a number 00001 through 10000? If so, yugioh would effectively have a pokedex, which would be really cool to look though in order.

It sounds more like this card's set as a whole pushed the total card count over 10000, and this card's actual number within that set is arbitrary.slightly less cool in that respect - still awesome otherwise

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:45 pm

HeartoftheCards1 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:12 pm
The brown and black swirl from the card backs is a nice touch in the background.
I didn't even notice that, that is cool.
HeartoftheCards1 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:12 pm
Does this imply every card has a number 00001 through 10000? If so, yugioh would effectively have a pokedex, which would be really cool to look though in order.

It sounds more like this card's set as a whole pushed the total card count over 10000, and this card's actual number within that set is arbitrary.slightly less cool in that respect - still awesome otherwise
No, this is the actual 10,000th designed card.
It's not arbitrary.
I just looked and the Wikia says there will be a special "10000 Secret Rare" rarity in the pack.
This card itself is numbered IGAS-JP000, and usually 000 numbers indicate Secret Rares, so this card is special.
If you include the whole pack, there are now OVER 10,000 cards.

Also, I think this is 10,000 cards in the OCG, I don't know if the TCG has the same amount.
I can't imagine there's that much less in the TCG (once this pack releases in the TCG).

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:24 pm

thoughts on the 'pokedex' consideration though? do you think somewhere they have listed every card designed in order from 00001 to 10000?

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 am

Well I'm sure Konami has a master list of all cards somewhere, and can probably organize them in order of official OCG release.
All you'd have to do is exclude reprints.

I'm sure any basic spreadsheet could do this.
Heck, even if all you had was a list of the packs and decks they've released in order, you know how many cards were released in each.
If they knew in advance enough to design a card specifically for the 10,000th release, I'm willing to bet they do have a "Pokedex" of sorts.
A master "Yugi-dex".

I bet if you really gave it a hardcore effort, a single person could Yugidex all the cards over a single weekend.
There's a million sites to find all the packs and boxes and their release dates.
I bet a single person could reasonably do it in under 12 hours (although you might be insane by the end of it).

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:32 am

You know, part of me right now desires to make a master "Yugi-dex" for this website, a full list of every card in order of first printing.
The realistic part of me knows I'd never have the patience for it, nor could find the time in my life.

Although, Konami, if you want to pay me, I will find the time and patience to make a master OCG release list of every card. :D

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by jwestbro11 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:56 am

MysticJhn wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:32 am
You know, part of me right now desires to make a master "Yugi-dex" for this website, a full list of every card in order of first printing.
The realistic part of me knows I'd never have the patience for it, nor could find the time in my life.

Although, Konami, if you want to pay me, I will find the time and patience to make a master OCG release list of every card. :D
that would be awsome the card itself is cool too. Man makes me want to make a modern deck around it. Oh well a pipe dream
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents