List of New Mechanics, Concepts and Types

The "Players' Card Game" Project aims to make it possible for creative users to see their art in action and level the playing field of the Yu-Gi-Oh! dueling scene.
Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

List of New Mechanics, Concepts and Types

Post by Aleva » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 am

Just a simple list of all the different game mechanics and types we've invented in the PCG so far.
Akirus wrote: "Synchro Tuners"

"Synchro Tuners" are Synchro monsters that are Special Summoned by Tributing certain Tuner monsters. I introduced these when I was thinking of a good way to make weak Tuners better. An example is Light's End Sorcerer in [RNDH] and Light Resonator in [RNDH].

Conventions:

-They are Synchro monsters.
-They are all Special Summoned by Tributing a Tuner.
-They themselves are treated as Tuners.
-Names are their Tuner counterparts but reversed. Example: Dark Resonator -> Light Resonator
-Their Attributes are reversed.
-They retain the same Type.
-Their Levels are different from the original Tuner.
-ATK and DEF are reversed. Example: 800/500 -> 500/800
-Their effects are generally opposites of their Tuner counterparts. Example: Night's End removes from play whereas Light's End Special Summons 1 Spellcaster monster when it is Synchro Summoned.
-The type of their effect remains consistent. Example: Light's End activates when summoned, like Night's End.
They are returned to your Extra Deck if they are removed from the field.
-They are returned to your Extra Deck during the End Phase they are Summoned.

Format:

Card Name: Opposite of original Tuner
Card Type: Monster/Synchro/Effect
Attribute: Opposite of original Tuner (Earth <-> Wind, Dark <-> Light, Water <-> Fire)
Type: Same
Level: Different
ATK/DEF: Reverse/Reverse
Card Text: This card can only be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by Tributing 1 ____________ (monster) on your side of the field. This card is also treated as a Tuner. _________________________________________ (effect). During the End Phase of the turn you Summoned this card, return it to your Extra Deck. When this card is removed from the field, return it to your Extra Deck.

"Reverse Tuners"

Thought it would be an interesting way to provide speed to non-Synchro decks by making use of the Extra. They are Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by Tributing monsters and Sync with other non-Tuner monsters to Special Summon monsters from your deck, using the same rules as Synchro monsters (the level must equal total, etc). See "Ascension Soldier" in Renewed Hope [RNDH].

Conventions:

-They are Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by Tributing a specified monster(s).
-Their effects mimic the mechanics of Synchros and Tuners, but Special Summon from the deck instead.

Format:

Card Name:
Attribute:
Type:
Level:
ATK/DEF: /
Card Text: This card can only be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by Tributing 1 ________ (monster) on your side of the field. Send this face-up card and another ________ (monster) on your side of the field to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 _________ (monster) from your deck whose Level equals the total of the monsters sent to the Graveyard to your side of the field.

"Trap Tuners"

Taking the idea of Urgent Tuning and making it a bit more playable with this idea. Basically, the Trap becomes a Tuner and starts a Synchro. Slower because its a trap, but can chain in opponent's turn. Introduced them in [RNDH].

Conventions:

-They are Traps.
-They require certain types of monsters on the field to be activated.
-They are Special Summoned as Level 2 Machine Effect Monster Tuners with 0 ATK/DEF upon activation.
-You must then Synchro Summon using the Trap as the Tuner.
-Their Levels can be increased or decreased by 1 if specifications are met.
-If you do not Synchro Summon a monster with the card's effect, you must remove from play all cards on your side of the field and in your Graveyard.

Format:

Card Name:
Card Type: Trap
Card Text: You can only activate this card if there is a face-up _________ monster on your side of the field. When this card is activated, Special Summon it to your side of the field in Attack Position. It is treated as a Tuner and an Effect Monster Card (Machine-Type/ATTRIBUTE/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Then Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster from Extra Deck using this card as the Tuner. (Send the appropriate Synchro Material Monsters to the Graveyard.) If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster for a ________ Synchro Monster, you can increase or decrease its Level by 1. If you do not Synchro Summon a monster with this card's effect, remove from play all cards on your side of the field and in your Graveyard.

"Artifacts"

I do believe making good use of Extra Decks is a good way of making decks stronger and faster. This concept blends equips with synchros. Thought of this when I was thinking about Excalibur (see [RNDH]). They are all meant to be some sort of artifact that can be brought into play with various card effects (Excalibur can be equipped using Clarent or Arturia's effect). Their attribute should correspond with the alignment of the artifact (i.e Excalibur is LIGHT, the frost javelin for my ice casters set is WATER). Their levels are based of a rating system from 1 to 10. 10 is something like God Tier whereas 1 is like a common sword. For example, Excalibur is 9 because it's probably as close as you can get to god weapons like Mjolnir. The frost javelin I was talking about is 7, its a magically enchanted javelin that impales and kills monsters. Its a pretty fun concept.

Conventions:

-They are treated as equip spells.
-They have 0/0 ATK/DEF.
-Their monster Type is "Artifact".
-You bring them out with effects, not by Synchro Summon.
-They can only be equipped to monsters with equal or greater level unless the effect that summons and equips it specifies otherwise.

Format:

Card Name:
Attribute:
Type:
Level: 1-10
ATK/DEF: 0/0
Card Text:
Norms: A new Sub-Type of Effect Monsters that have the sentence "This card is not treated as an Effect Monster" in their effect. Introduced by EvilGod10.

Zenith Monsters: A Sub-Type of Extra Deck Monsters that are 'Zenith Summoned' with the Spell Card 'Ryokyuuzou!' The Spell Card Tributes a monster on the field, then Special Summons a 'Zenith Form' version of the monster, which is more powerful than the original. During the End Phase, the Zenith Form returns to the Extra Deck and the original form is Summoned. Introduced by MysticJhn

New Types

Just some new Monster Types (Similar to Warrior, Spellcaster)

Ghost-Type
Knight-Type (In Progress)
Pen-Spinner-Type (In Progress, just for fun)

Notify me if I missed anything.
Last edited by Aleva on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: List of New Mechanics and Types

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am

This needs to be done from scratch.

For one, Akirus' orignal post is out of date, as Synchro Tuners are currently a real, defined thing in the real game.
So it's not even a PCG mechanic.
And his description of how they work and how they are designed is no longer correct.
This may be the PCG, but it Yu-Gi-Oh's real mechanics still apply.

Not to mention that, other than my one Synchro Tuner in the yet-unfinished Magician's Power set, we don't have any.
The monsters he mentioned don't exist and he's referencing sets that don't exist anymore.

There are no Reverse Tuners either, I can't even find evidence of a Revered Rat Sage.

"Trap Tuners" are no different than the already existing concept of Trap Monsters in general. That's not a new or PCG exclusive mechanic.

Except for Artifacts, Akirus' whole post is out of date with the way things are now
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:37 pm

That's not really true. The Synchro Tuners in the real game are different from the Synchro Tuners in the PCG. Konami's Synchro Tuners are more like Low-Level Synchros that are ALSO Tuners. These Synchro Tuners are advanced forms of Tuners Summoned by Tributing a Tuner you control; there's a big difference. Really, if you insist, you can just give them a different name, and it'll be exactly the same.

There are Reverse Tuners, look at Ascension Soldier and Tribe Messenger (although I think they are the only two). Revered Rat Sage was scrapped after this was posted, that's the only 'outdated' part of his post.

Trap Tuners aren't a real mechanic, since they're just a Trap that Summons a monster, but Akirus added it to his list because he wanted to get the OCG right, especially since you MUST Synchro immediately with the cards.

So no, it isn't out of date, all 3 of them do exist.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Konami's Synchro Tuners also allow for you to Synchro Summon during your opponent's turn.
Not to mention, again, the PCG has none with the exception of the single that's sitting in my unfinished set.
So, yeah, you can't call them Synchro Tuners since it's a real, establish mechanic.

The "Reverse Tuners" as you put them aren't even listed as such in the set file.
There's no real mechanic there, it's just part of their effects.
They are listed as Synchro Monsters, and unlike Artifacts or Zeniths, have no indication otherwise that they are any different.

And seeing as you agreed that Trap Tuner isn't even a mechanic, it doesn't even need to be listed.
What you're describing there is an Trap Effect Monster that's being treated as a Tuner.
The effect being that it must be used immediatly as a Synchro.

Also, the effects of your "Reverse Tuners" that Special Summon themselves from the Extra Deck is nearly identicle to the way your fake "Synchro Tuners" (again, definatly need a rename since that's not even correct) come out. They are replacing a monster that's on the field. It's the rest of the effect thats making them any different.

Effects =/= New Mechanics

Plus, I gotta be wary of just arbitrarily being able to Summon somthing from your Extra Deck as though it was in your hand.
It just seems like a rather cheap way to get a free Special Summon without needing to draw the card you want.

The two types of monsters in the real Extra Deck never just come out at any time, Fusions require a specific combination of monsters, either through the use of specialized "Fusion" Spell Cards or through removal of play. Synchro Monsters require specific combinations of monster Levels and the use of Tuners, many times with specific Types, Attributes and archtypes.

Single cards that Special Summon themselves through their own Summoning conditions in the real thing are strictly from the hand. The only cards in the real game that I can think of that come out of the Fusion Deck from the release of a single monster are the Neo-Spacian NEX forms. And that at least requires the Spell Card "NEX". You can't just, for example, swap out Neo-Spacian Marine Dolphin for Neo-Spacian Aqua Dolphin without it. That's basically what you're doing, which is really pushing the level of control and rules.

The Zenith Monster mechanic I invented is done using single monsters, but again it cannot be done without a specialized Spell Card and actually has that Konami precident of NEX.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Well, I guess you can't really call them 'mechanics', they're more of a new concept that you can use if you're stuck on ideas. I just thought it'd be useful to add. If you prefer, I can add 'New Concepts' to the Title as well.

And really, Synchro Tuners were invented before Konami released theirs, so in the PCG, the Konami ones should be renamed.
'The two types of monsters in the real Extra Deck never just come out at any time'
Doesn't really mean much, since the PCG is MEANT to be different and more creative, so why can't we include some interesting ways to Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck? I notice you never complained about my 'Possessed' series of Machines, or the 'Mechazawa' cards Akirus made, even though they only use one monster as well. The Special Summon used for both Reverse Tuners and PCG Synchro Tuners are also both +0 effects, since you Tribute a monster to Summon them, so technically, its not 'any time' either. Its basically just a Contact Fusion Summon with 1 material.

Also, cards that Special Summon themselves through their own Summoning Conditions CAN also be from Graveyard, look at Endymion, the Master Magician or whatever it is.
That's basically what you're doing, which is really pushing the level of control and rules.
What's wrong with that? You've told me to stop clinging to the old rules and the old game already. It's not as if we can't invent new ways to use the Extra Deck.

I have updated the post with different examples in different sets.

MysticJhn

Re: List of New Mechanics, Concepts and Types

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:13 am

First off, Konami is the ruling party here.
They define what a Synchro Tuner is, not you.
Once they made one, you lost your title.
So, yeah, Konami isn't going to change the card names for you.

Just because I didn't mention the Posessed or Mechazawa directly doesn't mean they can't be included.
They weren't brought up in the post I was replying to and there's bound to be other examples too.
I don't have a rollodex of every PCG card in my head.
I'm lucky if I can remember all my own cards, the game already has well over 1000 cards in it.

And it's not Contact Fusion when there's no contact going on.
See, contact rather implies things are actually touching (sort of like Dragonball Z's Fusion Dance), unless you're suggesting the monsters are touching themselves. >.>
That's just rather innapropriate. :lol:

Alright, back to serious.
PCG is meant to be different, yes, but not a redefinition of how the game works.
To consider it Yu-Gi-Oh, you still need to apply the real game mechanics.
We are more concerned with creating new cards than breaking the game.

I didn't tell you to stop clining to the old rules.
The rules of the game shouldn't change just because the set of cards does.
There's a certain structure to the game. You can only bend a structure so much before it breaks.
What I said concerned sticking to the old cards and archtypes, it was said in hope of creating new, creative cards and achtype ideas, but by no means was that meant to just start doing things arbitrarily.

A new type every so often, not a big deal.
Konami had to do it themselves (Psychics) to keep the game interesting (and to fit the storyline better), and also to give a group of monsters that didn't otherwise fit into the current existing Types a place of their own.
Honestly, they probably could have used a Psychic-Type from the beginning, Jinzo himself is more of a Psychic than a Machine-Type. From his artwork, to how he looked and acted in the anime, to even his original Japanese card name (Android - Psycho-Shocker) was that of a Psychic. Psychic-Types tend to be a blend of human and machines, with mental capabilities added through bio-mechanical enhancements. So that was needed.

Frankly, Ghost-Type is a good addition, as Ghosts in the real game are poorly defined by being labeled Zombie(Undead in the OCG) or Fiends. Does Double Coston look like a Zombie to you? It's certainly not Undead. Yet it's stuck being a Zombie because it lacks a proper Type.

So, really, adding a Type every so often isn't bad, although I must say that Konami's real Type set does cover more or less anything you'd need.

Adding a Mechanic should be done less often and shouldn't be so loosely defined.
Every real mechanic has a simple yet firm set of rules it's defined by.
Extra Deck cards are inherently simple, basically one monster mixed in some way with another.
But they just aren't cards that Special Summon on their own.
They are brought out through formulas, special changes.

The Extra Deck monsters you're trying to define have Summoning condistions resembling things found in the Main Deck.

What's really the difference between your Extra Deck Tuners and something like Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon?
I mean other than the cheapness of having it always in your "hand" and that can never fail to be drawn or forced to be discarded?

I only add these cards to the set because I'm basically picking up someone else's work, so I lacked the control from the start to make decisions and regulate this game better.
But to be honest, Artifacts and your +0 trade-off monsters are basically cheaper versions of Equip Spell Cards and Special Summon Only Monster since they don't have to be Main Decked so you can save space and don't have to worry about drawing it or searching it or even losing it from your hand.
There's a reason Konami doesn't just add things to the Extra Deck like that, you know, it's not just a case of them failing to use the Extra Deck's full potential. Why do you think that after over 10 years, Synchro Monsters was the only thing added to the former Fusion Deck?

Everything else already goes into the Main Deck.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:33 am

If Konami is the ruling party here, we'd have all their cards still in our PCG set, wouldn't we? This is our own card game, we make the rules in this.
If you really care about the Synchro Tuner, then I can change the name to Tuner-Synchro or whatever, it doesn't make a difference.

With the Contact Fusion thing, I just mean that its similar to Contact Fusion in that you don't use Poly or a Tuner or whatever to Special Summon from the Extra.

PCG is different, but it still sticks with Yugioh. We have the game mechanics in here, but no one is against adding new ones, are they?

You say that these Extra Deck monsters are 'cheaper versions' of equip Spells and Special Summon Only monsters since they don't have to be main Decked. But consider this. Which equip Spells are playable? Why aren't the majority of them playable? The reason is, they aren't good in the main Deck. If adding these cards to the Extra Deck is what needs to be done to make Equips and monsters like these playable, then I'm willing to do it. Why do you think that after over 10 years, the majority of Equip Spells still suck in TCG? Its cause they don't work well in the Main Deck. I don't want to abandon these things, because Equips and 'Special Summon by Tributing another monster' monsters are fun things to use. But I also don't want them to be forgotten, fail cards that no one uses in the PCG. These mechanics CAN'T keep up with Synchros and Contact Fusion like Gyzarus if they don't use the Extra Deck as well. A metagame dominated by Synchros with equips in the 'No one cares, Tier 3 fails' area isn't fun.

Really, Fusion Monsters and Synchro Monsters could be Main Decked as well, couldn't they? Then you'd only be able to Summon them if they were in your hand. But how good would they be then?

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:48 am

1) Most Equip Spells are bad because, well, they just aren't good Spells to begin with.
A majority of them do very little to actually effect the gameplay and there's dozens of them that do nothing but add a couple hundred ATK, which most people ignore. But Equip Spell Cards CAN be good and abusable as much as any other cards. Just look at Butterfly Dagger Elma. Most Decks don't use them because Konami rarely makes Equips that can actually do any good. People in the meta tend to just not care about attacking and having huge ATK. Of course most Equip Spell Cards in the game are tossed to the side when most of them aren't doing a single thing to change a game's outcome. However, I have managed to make use of them in the real game. Konami can't force us to Equip monsters, they just need to try harder to make ones worth playing. If there was ever an achtype that used Equips well, you'd suddenly see how useful they were.

2) Fusion and Synchro Monsters would not work in the Main Deck at all. Just imagine trying to build an Elemental Hero Deck if the Main Deck was waterlogged with all their Fusion forms. You'd never get the right combination of cards out. Not to mention that the manga and anime doesn't even use a Fusion Deck, they just Fusion stuff at random almost. But you won't ever see them draw into a Fusion monster (with the exception of Flame Swordsman, but he gets played like he was an ordinary Monster Card anyway, not much of a Fusion). So since we're playing a game based off of anime/manga, you just aren't going to do it. You know what you get when you have a card in the Main Deck that needs specific material monsters like a Fusion? Gate Guardian. Or, the best thing I can equate to a monster like a Synchro, Gilford the Legend. Just unplayable. I would say Rituals, but there's a lack of Spell Cards involved with Synchroing. Having to Main Deck a monster with a more complex requirement like Fusions and Synchros can't work well, it's the reason /Assault Mode died a quick and pointless death. If you draw into them, they are worthless. /Assault Mode monsters actually would have been better off as an Extra Deck mechanic.

3) There are plenty of good monsters who have Special Summon capabilities who are just fine in the Main Deck who would be impossible or unweildy to Summon without them. Again, I'll bring up Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. Look how important it has become to Dragon-Type monsters. Dark Armed Dragon is another. Judgment Dragon. Malefic monsters (not yet, but they are still missing their important cards). Gorz. Van'Dalgyon. Cyber Dragon. Being a high-Level, high-Powered monster in the Main Deck is not a death sentence.

I cannot legitimately look at a single monster that Special Summons in a +0 fashion that really needs to be in the Extra Deck given the above examples. I'm sure I probably forgot or failed to include a whole list of monsters with Special Summoning conditions that are marvelous in the Main Deck.

I mean, heck, just Dark Armed Dragon alone who's Summoning Conditions are more specific than some Fusions was so great out of the Main Deck that he's Limited. If these monsters can do it, surely you could have done it with some of your others.

This is why I keep calling them cheap.
You have instant access to them at any time, can't accidently shuffle them away, can't lose them in a forced discard, and are on par with things that have Main Deck precident. You don't have to work them into your Deck strategy at all and that makes it easier.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:22 am

Fusion and Synchros in the Main Decks are just the same as Rituals in the Main Deck. Compare Rituals and Fusions or Synchros. Rituals are essentially a Mix of the two, where you need a specific Level, and a Spell card to Summon. But why are Rituals used MUCH less than Synchros or even Fusions? Its because their monsters are horrible cards in the main deck. Synchros and Fusions would be crippled in much the same way and be useless if they were in the Main Deck. This is my point. Fusions and Synchros see MUCH more play than Rituals or anything else, apart from general effect monsters, really.

For your 2nd point, you say Assault Mode 'died a quick and pointless death', when it would have been better as an Extra Deck mechanic. Now you're just reinforcing my point. Situational cards like Gate Guardian and Gilford aren't playable. They would definitely by MORE playable if they were Extra Deck monsters.

As for the list of monsters you wrote, consider that ALL of them can be SSd with a very easy Summoning Condition, and with many of them, you don't even need to control a monster. Cyber D can be Summoned almost ANY turn. Malefics can be Summoned easily. REDMD can be Summoned easily AND it can Special Summon another Dragon to make up for the one you lost. JD and DaD are both Summoned JUST be managing your Graveyard, which, especially in the case of JD, is actually pretty easy, and then they all get BROKEN effects. Even Van'Dalgyon is easy to Summon because a deck around it would have about 10 or so Counter Traps. Not to mention, the only one of your list that needs to be SSd by Tributing a monster is REDMD, and you can just SS another Monster with its effect anyway.
I mean, heck, just Dark Armed Dragon alone who's Summoning Conditions are more specific than some Fusions was so great out of the Main Deck that he's Limited. If these monsters can do it, surely you could have done it with some of your others.
DaD is Limited because he's broken and just because his Summoning Conditions are specific, it doesn't mean they're hard. If I made a card with power on par with DaD that could be SSd in a similar manner, you know it would get nerfed to hell in PCG. Most of the monsters you listed up there are monsters that NEVER should have been printed. If Konami actually had guidelines that said 'No card should be able to nuke the field for 1000 LP' then obviously, JD wouldn't have been broken. The reason why they're all 'marvelous in the Main Deck' is because their effects are broken and their Summoning Conditions are easy as well.
If these monsters can do it, surely you could have done it with some of your others.
Of course I can't. I can't make a monster similar to these with a broken effect similar to these, because we actually have a team that checks each other's cards and nerfs them appropriately so we don't end up with something like DaD.
I cannot legitimately look at a single monster that Special Summons in a +0 fashion that really needs to be in the Extra Deck given the above examples. I'm sure I probably forgot or failed to include a whole list of monsters with Special Summoning conditions that are marvelous in the Main Deck.
Once again, the above cards you listed are broken. Once again, if Konami had submitted them to the PCG and they were actually looked at and fixed, their effects wouldn't have been this powerful.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:34 am

Aleva wrote:Once again, the above cards you listed are broken. Once again, if Konami had submitted them to the PCG and they were actually looked at and fixed, their effects wouldn't have been this powerful.
Are you suggesting a bunch of people who are just making cards and for fun using the formula given to them by Konami are better at making cards than Konami themselves, the people who took a manga feature and built it from scratch in the real world, expanding it well beyond it's anime/manga limits? Not to mention a professional gaming and entertainment company?

Also, I think the PCG players in general aren't that good at judging how broken effects are.
Some of these monsters have rediculous effects and it's very hard for any of us to agree on what's broken and what's not.

I'd really have to think that the people designing the real cards for a living have a better idea how to design them than you or I do.

lol, If we were better at this, we'd be making our own real card game instead of fooling around making up pretend cards for Yu-Gi-Oh.

Although this idea of yours makes me wonder what the card makers at Konami would really think of some of our creations.
How many of our cards would survive their professional opinions effect and stat wise?

prhymetheus
Rare Duelist

Post by prhymetheus » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:38 am

just create more cards that affect the extra deck. just as some cards can toy with the main deck, hand, and rfg pile --since were expandin use of the extra deck now, which i think is somethin fresh and welcomin-- we should put some focus on effects that can hinder extra deck usuage, not just limit its potential
im watching you...
with a flaming eye

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:43 am

Well, I'm pretty sure that JD and DaD are both broken (and basically every person here would agree with me). Considering how at the moment we judge cards by the TCG standard, if I made a monster that said

"If you have 4 "Earthen" monsters in your Graveyard with different names, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can pay 1000 Life Points to destroy all other cards on the field."

then I'm pretty sure it'd either get banned, or it'd be nerfed to something like,

"Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to destroy 1 card on the field."

Really, Konami SHOULD be better at this than us, but either they thought that JD and DaD had hard enough summoning conditions to be used effectively (a bad miscalculation), or they just weren't thinking straight when they made them.

Either way, I don't really care about this argument anymore, I'm not really up for changing the concepts we have at the moment. Just yesterday, I dueled with both Reverse Tuners and Synchro Tuners against Lewie, and we didn't really find them TOO OPd. Lewie managed to kill off my Synchros and high Level Deck monsters quite easily. If it really bothers you though, I can change the 'Synchro Tuners' to 'Tuner Synchros' or whatever you think would be appropriate.
prhymetheus wrote:just create more cards that affect the extra deck. just as some cards can toy with the main deck, hand, and rfg pile --since were expandin use of the extra deck now, which i think is somethin fresh and welcomin-- we should put some focus on effects that can hinder extra deck usuage, not just limit its potential
There's a nice card called 'Glory of the Past' that RFPs 3 cards (your choice) from your opponent's Deck from play and prevents them from SSing any Extra Deck monsters this turn. Look in HVOR. Like you say though, if the Extra proves to be too OPd, we can make cards that hinder its usage.

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:42 pm

I didn't read everything you guys were discussing, although I'm just going to interject here: the use of synchros and fusions as the template for card effects divergent from the primary function of said cards is simply because there's no way in YVD to easily create new categorizations of Extra Deck monsters.