Submission Guidelines - READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST A TOPIC

Post cards you would like to see in the PCG here.
Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Submission Guidelines - READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST A TOPIC

Post by Akirus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:42 am

Read all of this before you post a submission. Your post must conform to the guidelines if you want your set to be added (both for uniformity and ease of input).

If you have cards you want to see included in the list, make a topic following this structure:

(Topic) Card Set Submission: Set Name Here [Set]

For each card:

Card Name:
Card Type: (Monster, Spell, Trap) / (Tuner, Synchro, Fusion etc - leave this part out if it does not apply) / (Effect, Field, Equip, Continuous, Quick-Play, Counter, Ritual)
Attribute: (Monsters: DARK, LIGHT etc)
Type: (Monsters: Spellcaster, Warrior, Machine etc)
Level: (Monsters)
ATK/DEF: (Monsters)
Card Text: (Effect Text)

You may include notes at the end of your post. If you have created images for your cards with YCM, you may post them before the information for each card but ONLY if you have them done for EVERY card (presentation reasons). I would also like to request that you order all cards in order of card type (Monster, Spell, Trap, and then sub-types like tuners, synchros, continuous, Quick-Play etc so it's easier to read and input).

Your cards will be discussed, balanced and corrected in this thread. Once the changes have been agreed on by 2-3 people and OCG errors have been fixed, I will change the topic from a submission to a set spoiler and add the cards to the set file (this just involves removing some unnecessary information, you don’t need to worry about this). You will, however be required to make the changes agreed upon to your cards.

A note about sets: you do not have to post sets, singles are fine as well. In this case, replace Card Set with Card Single: Card Name Here. Include a [set] even if it's only 1 card. If this is unclear, PM me for clarification. Oh, and one more thing. You can post a submission thread before you finish the set, this makes it more efficient because you can get fixes while you finish it. However, after a set is finalized, no more cards will be added.

If you are still unsure of how it is supposed to look, refer to a pre-existing topic.
Last edited by Akirus on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 am, edited 10 times in total.

schyshter
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Submission Guidelines

Post by schyshter » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:10 pm

so, if i have me cards written down as they appear in the set file, i have to change them to this format...?

and a sticky is in order, i believe...
PM me for a YVD Duel
"I'm the illest n*gga alive, watch me prove it
I snatch your crown witcha head still attatched to it"

-Canibus

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Submission Guidelines

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:48 am

schyshter wrote:so, if i have me cards written down as they appear in the set file, i have to change them to this format...?
Same question for me as well, as I've been designing my cards right in the OCG set file myself, and they are already pre-formatted to just need a copy/paste into the official custom set file.

I mean is save you a heck of a lot of time if you can just copypasta my already done cards.

Just seems like a waste of time to de-format them into that vertical structure, only to force you to re-format them in the standard "|Name|#|SET|Type|Attribute|Level|Icon|ATK|DEF|Effect|" format.

Sure, when they are ready, I'll make a thread for each of them.
But I think everyone will understand them in the set file format anyway.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Submission Guidelines - READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST A TOPIC

Post by Akirus » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:02 am

Well, originally I defined the proper format differently because people would make mistakes and I'd have to sift through and find out where the errors are, so it would be easier for me to just convert it all myself. Other than that, it's just my OCD. If you did it properly, I guess you could just post it in YVD's format.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Submission Guidelines - READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST A TOPIC

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:00 am

Akirus wrote:Well, originally I defined the proper format differently because people would make mistakes and I'd have to sift through and find out where the errors are, so it would be easier for me to just convert it all myself. Other than that, it's just my OCD. If you did it properly, I guess you could just post it in YVD's format.
That's good.
I mean, I know they all work poperly, as I've used them quite a bit myself.
It's really only a matter of people agreeing with the effects and whatnot.

I think my one set might be ready, just needs images for all the cards.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!