Card Set: Renewed Hope [RNDH]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Aleva » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:15 am

Akirus wrote:

Code: Select all

Card Name: Breaker, the Magical Crusader
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: Dark
Type: Spellcaster
Level: 8
ATK/DEF: 3000/1600
Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Breaker the Magical Warrior" on your side of the field. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Spell Counter from your side of the field to destroy all monsters or all Spell and Trap cards on your opponents side of the field. If there are no Spell Counters on your side of the field, remove this card from play.
Free Heavy Storm/Raigeki every turn? Broken. Increase the cost or something. The Defender upgrade is still 1 counter per card.

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Akirus » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:47 am

Aleva wrote:
Akirus wrote:

Code: Select all

Card Name: Breaker, the Magical Crusader
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: Dark
Type: Spellcaster
Level: 8
ATK/DEF: 3000/1600
Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Breaker the Magical Warrior" on your side of the field. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Spell Counter from your side of the field to destroy all monsters or all Spell and Trap cards on your opponents side of the field. If there are no Spell Counters on your side of the field, remove this card from play.
Free Heavy Storm/Raigeki every turn? Broken. Increase the cost or something. The Defender upgrade is still 1 counter per card.
Okay, so a card that can only be Summoned by Tributing a limited card is broken? Gotcha.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Aleva » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:45 am

Akirus wrote:

Plaguerats were really low on the monster count. Hopefully this helps return it to tier 1 standards.

Card Name: Bubonic Broodmother
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: Earth
Type: Beast
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1000/1000
Card Text: You can select this card as the target of a card that would select a "Bubonic Vermin" in your Deck. This card's name is treated as "Bubonic Vermin" while it is on the field or in your hand or Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Deck. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your hand or Graveyard, other than this card. Negate the effects of monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect.

Wow...... +2 when normal summoned, +1 when special summoned and +2 when destroyed. Sure its not too much for one card?


Card Name: Enticing Scraps
Card Type: Spell
Card Text: Activate while you control 1 or more "Bubonic Vermin" on your side of the field. Destroy 1 face-down Spell or Trap Card you control to draw 1 card for each "Bubonic Vermin" on your side of the field. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this card.

Don't see the point of this. It's a -1. Aren't draw engines meant to be +0 in general?

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Akirus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:03 am

Aleva wrote:
Akirus wrote:

Plaguerats were really low on the monster count. Hopefully this helps return it to tier 1 standards.

Card Name: Bubonic Broodmother
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: Earth
Type: Beast
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1000/1000
Card Text: You can select this card as the target of a card that would select a "Bubonic Vermin" in your Deck. This card's name is treated as "Bubonic Vermin" while it is on the field or in your hand or Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Deck. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your hand or Graveyard, other than this card. Negate the effects of monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect.

Wow...... +2 when normal summoned, +1 when special summoned and +2 when destroyed. Sure its not too much for one card?


It's only advantage in name, because the cards don't actually do anything.


Card Name: Enticing Scraps
Card Type: Spell
Card Text: Activate while you control 1 or more "Bubonic Vermin" on your side of the field. Destroy 1 face-down Spell or Trap Card you control to draw 1 card for each "Bubonic Vermin" on your side of the field. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this card.

Don't see the point of this. It's a -1. Aren't draw engines meant to be +0 in general?

2 rats = +0.
3 rats = +1
4 rats = +2
5 rats = +3


Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Aleva » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Akirus wrote:
Aleva wrote:
Akirus wrote:

Plaguerats were really low on the monster count. Hopefully this helps return it to tier 1 standards.

Card Name: Bubonic Broodmother
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: Earth
Type: Beast
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1000/1000
Card Text: You can select this card as the target of a card that would select a "Bubonic Vermin" in your Deck. This card's name is treated as "Bubonic Vermin" while it is on the field or in your hand or Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Deck. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your hand or Graveyard, other than this card. Negate the effects of monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect.

Wow...... +2 when normal summoned, +1 when special summoned and +2 when destroyed. Sure its not too much for one card?


It's only advantage in name, because the cards don't actually do anything.


Card Name: Enticing Scraps
Card Type: Spell
Card Text: Activate while you control 1 or more "Bubonic Vermin" on your side of the field. Destroy 1 face-down Spell or Trap Card you control to draw 1 card for each "Bubonic Vermin" on your side of the field. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this card.

Don't see the point of this. It's a -1. Aren't draw engines meant to be +0 in general?

2 rats = +0.
3 rats = +1
4 rats = +2
5 rats = +3

???? It says Destroy your OWN spell/trap cards.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Aleva » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:14 pm

Akirus wrote:
Aleva wrote:
Akirus wrote:

Plaguerats were really low on the monster count. Hopefully this helps return it to tier 1 standards.

Card Name: Bubonic Broodmother
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: Earth
Type: Beast
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1000/1000
Card Text: You can select this card as the target of a card that would select a "Bubonic Vermin" in your Deck. This card's name is treated as "Bubonic Vermin" while it is on the field or in your hand or Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Deck. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your hand or Graveyard, other than this card. Negate the effects of monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect.

Wow...... +2 when normal summoned, +1 when special summoned and +2 when destroyed. Sure its not too much for one card?


It's only advantage in name, because the cards don't actually do anything.


Card Name: Enticing Scraps
Card Type: Spell
Card Text: Activate while you control 1 or more "Bubonic Vermin" on your side of the field. Destroy 1 face-down Spell or Trap Card you control to draw 1 card for each "Bubonic Vermin" on your side of the field. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this card.

Don't see the point of this. It's a -1. Aren't draw engines meant to be +0 in general?

2 rats = +0.
3 rats = +1
4 rats = +2
5 rats = +3


It says to destroy your own spell/trap cards.


Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Akirus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:49 pm

...

Okay.

When you activate this card, you lose:

-Enticing Scraps itself
-1 Spell or Trap card on your side of the field

This is a net total of -2.

Then, for each rat, you draw 1 card.

1 Rats: +1-2=-1
2 Rats: +2-2=0
3 Rats: +3-2=+1
4 Rats: +4-2=+2
5 Rats: +5-2=+3

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Aleva » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:44 am

Card Name: Bubonic Broodmother
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: Earth
Type: Beast
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1000/1000
Card Text: You can select this card as the target of a card that would select a "Bubonic Vermin" in your Deck. This card's name is treated as "Bubonic Vermin" while it is on the field or in your hand or Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Bubonic Vermin" from your Deck. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon up to 2 "Bubonic Vermin" from your hand or Graveyard, other than this card. Negate the effects of monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect.

Wow...... +2 when normal summoned, +1 when special summoned and +2 when destroyed. Sure its not too much for one card?

It's only advantage in name, because the cards don't actually do anything.

Easy synchro summons though. All you need is a tuner and you can pull out pretty much anything.

User avatar
EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru
Posts: 7608
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 10:53 pm
Location: Death Valley

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by EvilGod10 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:10 am

Akirus, they are broken. You need to nerf them, or stop complaining that my cards are broken xD.
Image
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Akirus » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:02 am

evilgod10 wrote:Akirus, they are broken. You need to nerf them, or stop complaining that my cards are broken xD.
Now if only someone could be bothered to review them.

Hm...

User avatar
EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru
Posts: 7608
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 10:53 pm
Location: Death Valley

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by EvilGod10 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:04 am

If I get some spare time I will, but DMU and my toon deck have been taking up a lot of my spare time.
Image
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Akirus » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:10 pm

Up to you.

In all seriousness though, I know some of them are broken, but if you are referring to the whole set collectively, I'm inclined to disagree with your assessment.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Aleva » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Another thing with Broodmother. There's no point in summoning them except for synchro summons. Since their effects are negated, they aren't even treated as * Bubonic Vermin *. Therefore, * The Black Death * and pretty much every other Rat Support you made won't work with them.

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Akirus » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Aleva wrote:Another thing with Broodmother. There's no point in summoning them except for synchro summons. Since their effects are negated, they aren't even treated as * Bubonic Vermin *. Therefore, * The Black Death * and pretty much every other Rat Support you made won't work with them.

...

That is a very good point. Change negate effects to cannot be Tributed/Synced?

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Card Set Submission: Renewed Hope [RNH]

Post by Aleva » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Akirus wrote:
Aleva wrote:Another thing with Broodmother. There's no point in summoning them except for synchro summons. Since their effects are negated, they aren't even treated as * Bubonic Vermin *. Therefore, * The Black Death * and pretty much every other Rat Support you made won't work with them.

...

That is a very good point. Change negate effects to cannot be Tributed/Synced?
Problem with that is, just by special summoning one Broodmother, you can special summon another 2 from your deck and another one from the last one. So something like... " Their effects are negated, and their names are treated as Bubonic Vermin while this card is face-up on the field. ' "

Locked