Card Single: Crystal Beast Jade Dragon [CB1]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Card Single: Crystal Beast Jade Dragon [CB1]

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:43 am

I left it out because it had no function.

It's effect mentioned using Crystal Beasts and yet... there are no Crystal Beasts.
And if we kept this one, someone would be inspired to make others, even though it was agreed that we didn't want any.

It's not the only card I skipped due to referencing cards that no longer exist, it's just easily noticed since it's a set to itself.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:19 pm

We DO have Crystal Beasts in two other sets in Submissions that are all but finished. Why can't we just keep them in?

Even for the Breaker/Defender advanced forms that you probably ditched, did you notice they can be Normal Summoned? We can also make new cards that are treated as Breaker/Defender anyway. Those cards can still have a use.

I can understand you ditching the Reverse Tuners for Dark Resonator and Repairer, but there are CBs in PCG. This card here is still playable.

What's the harm in giving an uncomplete PCG archetype their cards?

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Because you're looking to turn them back ionto a complete archtype.
Here it's oh, this is just this one card.
And now you're saying there's OTHER sets for them, so now it's not just one card, it's a new archtype.
But it's not really new, it's just a copied archtype.
A copied archtype that we voted on and agreed we're not importing.

But how many times are we going to do this.
The whole point of wiping out most every real card is so we STOP reproducing old archtypes and make ORIGINAL things.
Why do you have this need to grip tightly onto the real things?
If you want to play real archtypes, then why bother making cards at all?
There's no point in it.

And I didn't outright wipe out everything that referenced stuff we didn't save.
I saved two Destiny Hero cards I found under the assumption that no more will be made, they are searchable by Stratos that we did save, and they don't mention Destiny Hero anywhere in their effects or even support one another. They were practically random Warriors.
I saved Bubonic Vermin because Akirus made this whole big archtype around that single card which didn't even have an archtype in the TCG, so that was original enough to save. There was a card in that set that could be treated as Bubonic Vermin, but to keep it I needed to keep the card it searched for.

Breaker/Defender I didn't save because they were just cheap, advanced forms and this game really doesn't need Breaker the Magical Warrior in it in any form.

This card, Jade Dragon, not only did we specifically vote a majority against Crystal Beasts even existing, but I personally was opposed to this card's existance when it was still a submission. Frankly, if there exists any sort of Crystal Beast archtype, this card is broken, and without Crystal Beast, which again there will not be, the effect doesn't do anything.

This is a Level 4 Dragon-Type Tuner, but just saving it for that purpose as a lone card isn't needed.
In only the 750-something cards I have in the set, there is ALREADY 6 Level 4 Tuners.
in the whole real card game, OCG and TCG combined, I only counted 14 Level 4 Tuners listed in the Wikia.
Not to mention there's a lot of Dragon-Type Tuners coming as is.

If you want, I suggest bringing up the topic of adding PCG-Original Cystal Beasts in the main forum and seeing how it goes over with everyone else.

For now, I'm sticking with the group decision that we don't want the Crystal Beast archtype.
If you can convince the majority to change their minds, I'll add it to the set.
But I REALLY am trying to swing this from just recycling old Konami ideas in favor of fresh, new, original ones.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Flu
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Flu » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Even if somehow the rest get swayed to your side, I agree with Mystic that this specific card be left out/banned.
It's a vayu, without the restriction of being unable to synch properly, not to mention the card summoned still gets it's effect.
(SPeaking of the PCG, I need to fine-tune/finish my set D: )
MysticJhn wrote:Also, Flu is right
Cencil45 wrote:Flu is pretty much always right

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:44 pm

*sigh*

Do what you want.