Card Set: Shadowsworn Incursion [SSIC]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Card Set: Shadowsworn Incursion [SSIC]

Post by Akirus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:18 am

Cover Card

Card Name: Damnation Phantasm
(JD Counterpart)
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: Dark
Type: Fiend
Level: 8
ATK/DEF: 3200/2400
Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 4 or more "Shadowsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. You can pay 1000 Life Points to randomly remove from play 2 cards from your opponent's hand. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Lightsworn Counterparts

Card Name: Shadowsworn Behemoth, Trenithain
(Gragonith Counterpart)
Type: Sea Serpent
Level: 6
ATK/DEF: 2200/1400
Card Text: This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each "Shadowsworn" monster with a different name in your Graveyard. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Devil, Jackal
(Celestia Counterpart)
Level: 5
ATK/DEF: 2400/100
Card Text: When you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing a "Shadowsworn" monster, you can send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to remove from play 1 card your opponent controls and 1 random card from their hand.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Slayer, Gnaszk
(Jain Counterpart)
Type: Warrior
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1900/1100
Card Text: When this card declares an attack, change the target to face-up Defense Position. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Ghoul, Hreish
(Wulf Counterpart)
Type: Zombie
ATK/DEF: 2200/200
Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard, Special Summon it.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Necromancer, Enshin
(Lumina Counterpart)
Type: Spellcaster
Level: 3
ATK/DEF: 1400/600
Card Text: Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 "Shadowsworn" monster from your Graveyard. If the selected monster is Level 5 or higher, negate its effect and remove it from play at the end of the turn. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Fanatic, Aghine
(Ehren Counterpart)
ATK/DEF: 1600/1000
Card Text: When this card destroys an Attack Position monster by battle, return it to the top of its owner's Deck. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Plaguespreader, Yurai
(Jenis Counterpart)
ATK/DEF: 600/1800
Card Text: Each time a card(s) is sent from the bottom of your Deck to the Graveyard, reduce the ATK of all face-up non-DARK monsters by 500.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Grunt, Zarin
(Garoth Counterpart)
ATK/DEF: 1900/1250
Card Text: Each time a card(s) is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Shadowsworn" monster you control, except "Shadowsworn Grunt, Zarin", send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. Then, turn your Deck upside down and draw 1 card for each "Shadowsworn" monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Witch, Helena
(Lyla Counterpart)
ATK/DEF: 1700/200
Card Text: When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, you can change this card from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position to negate its activation and effect and destroy it. If you activate this effect, this card's battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn, except with a card effect. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Werewolf, Iyaele
(Aurkus Counterpart)
Type: Beast-Warrior
ATK/DEF: 1700/1300
Card Text: "Shadowsworn" monsters cannot be targeted by effects. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Hound, Baskerville
(Ryko Counterpart)
Type: Beast
Level: 2
ATK/DEF: 300/0
Card Text: FLIP: You can destroy 1 monster on the field and remove it from play. Send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Spell Support

Card Name: Dark Renewal
(Solar Recharge Counterpart)
Card Type: Spell
Card Text: Discard 1 "Shadowsworn" monster. Draw 2 cards then send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Name: Incursion of the Dark Horde
(Charge of the Light Brigade Counterpart)
Card Type: Spell
Card Text: Send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. Add 1 Level 4 or lower "Shadowsworn" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Shadowsworn Exclusives

Card Name: Shadowsworn Medium, Bane
Card Type: Monster/Dark Tuner/Effect
Type: Psychic
Level: 10
ATK/DEF: 0/0
Card Text: If this card is used for a Dark Synchro Summon, randomly remove from play 1 card from your opponent's hand.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Wraith, Vayal
Card Type: Monster/Dark Synchro/Effect
Level: -6
ATK/DEF: 2800/1200
Card Text: 1 non-Tuner monster - 1 "Shadowsworn Medium, Bane"
You can equip this card to 1 monster on the field. If the selected monster is controlled by your opponent, take control of it. The equipped monster is treated as a DARK monster, its effect is negated and it gains ATK and DEF equal to the ATK and DEF of this card. When the equipped monster is destroyed, you can send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to Special Summon this card on your side of the field in Attack Position.
Dark counterparts have been around for a while, I just took it a bit far and did it for an entire archetype.

Some of the more staple-like monsters I kept similar but I tried to mix it up a bit. I want to deviate as much as possible while still keeping the obvious resemblances between the LIGHT/DARK, proposals are welcome.

I was considering making it RFP instead of send to GY, but I want it possible to combine with LS for Twilight options.

One problem that could be a pain is the inability to send cards from the bottom of your Deck to the GY with YVD, but it can be done by flipping it upside down and back up again. That said, doesn't matter if you just mill off the top most of the time, unless there have been cards organized there (eg. Draekoth, or maybe PSZ).
Last edited by Akirus on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Arrowblaze
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission: Shadowsworn Incursion [SSIC]

Post by Arrowblaze » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:39 am

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt there Akirus, Lightsworn Druid as well?

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:05 am

Arrowblaze wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but isnt there Akirus, Lightsworn Druid as well?
It's Aurkus but yes, there are others that I haven't done yet (and may not for the time being).

//EDIT: My try at Aurkus and Ryko c/ps:

Card Name: Shadowsworn Werewolf, Iyaele (Aurkus Counterpart)
Card Text: "Shadowsworn" monsters are unaffected by the effects of Spell Cards and Effect Monsters. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Hound, Baskerville (Ryko Counterpart)
Type: Beast
Level: 2
ATK/DEF: 300/0
Card Text: FLIP: You can destroy 1 monster on the field and remove it from play. Send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

schyshter
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by schyshter » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:46 pm

Akirus wrote:Card Name: Damnation Phantasm (JD Counterpart)
Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 4 or more "Shadowsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. You can pay 1000 Life Points to randomly remove from play 2 cards from your opponent's hand. During each of your End Phases, send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

the only problem i have with this guy is that fact that you can deplete your opponent's hand completely. note Delinquent Duo; same cost, but it only discards 2 cards and they go to the GY. did i mention it's banned...?

Card Name: Shadowsworn Devil, Jackal (Celestia Counterpart)
ATK/DEF: 2500/0
Card Text: When you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing a "Shadowsworn" monster, you can send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to remove from play 1 card your opponent controls and 1 card from their hand.

the RFG effect makes this so much more powerful than Celestia. and the removal from the hand isn't random, so you get a free peak at your opponent's options. can't think of a way to nerf this guy without straying from the theme, so i'll just leave that up to you. or leave it as it is and risk some form of limitation...

Card Name: Shadowsworn Necromancer, Enshin (Lumina Counterpart)
ATK/DEF: 1500/500
Card Text: Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 "Shadowsworn" monster from your Graveyard. If the selected monster is Level 5 or higher, negate its effect and remove it from play at the end of the turn. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

i like this one...

Card Name: Shadowsworn Plaguespreader, Yurai (Jenis Counterpart)
Card Text: Each time a card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard, reduce the ATK of all face-up non-DARK monsters by 500.

add "by the effect of a Shadowsworn monster". as it is, unlike Jenis, you get rewarded for each card milled...

Card Name: Shadowsworn Grunt, Zarin (Garoth Counterpart)
Card Text: Each time a card(s) is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Shadowsworn" monster you control, except "Shadowsworn Grunt, Zarin", send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. Then, turn your Deck upside down and draw 1 card for each "Shadowsworn" monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

Card Text: Each time a card(s) is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Shadowsworn" monster you control, except "Shadowsworn Grunt, Zarin", send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. Then, add 1 card from the bottom of your Deck to your hand for each "Shadowsworn" monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

fixed. don't think YVD is gonna like this though...

Card Name: Shadowsworn Witch, Helena (Lyla Counterpart)
ATK/DEF: 1900/0
Card Text: When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, you can change this card from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position to negate its activation and effect and destroy it. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

too easily abused...

Card Text: When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, you can change this card from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position to negate its activation and effect and destroy it. If you activate this effect, this card's battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn, except with a card effect. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Text: "Shadowsworn" monsters are unaffected by the effects of Spell Cards and Effect Monsters. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Card Text: "Shadowsworn" monsters cannot be targeted by the effects of Spell Cards and Effect Monsters. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.
PM me for a YVD Duel
"I'm the illest n*gga alive, watch me prove it
I snatch your crown witcha head still attatched to it"

-Canibus

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:57 pm

schyshter wrote:
Akirus wrote:Card Name: Damnation Phantasm (JD Counterpart)
Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 4 or more "Shadowsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. You can pay 1000 Life Points to randomly remove from play 2 cards from your opponent's hand. During each of your End Phases, send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

the only problem i have with this guy is that fact that you can deplete your opponent's hand completely. note Delinquent Duo; same cost, but it only discards 2 cards and they go to the GY. did i mention it's banned...?

Delinquent Duo is a Spell and is much easier to use, as opposed to this guy. The best measure would be to dock him up against JD: JD can detonate the entire field which could potentially yield a lot more advantage. Two cards from the hand is arguably comparable to a field nuke. Of course, like JD, this guy will probably need to be shafted by the list, but I don't want to make his effect too much weaker than JD himself. Actually, it's plainly broken at 3 (first-hand experience) so I have no doubt it will take a hit. I molested Aleva's LS in a duel by Summoning double Phantasm and wiping his hand.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Devil, Jackal (Celestia Counterpart)
ATK/DEF: 2500/0
Card Text: When you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing a "Shadowsworn" monster, you can send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to remove from play 1 card your opponent controls and 1 card from their hand.

the RFG effect makes this so much more powerful than Celestia. and the removal from the hand isn't random, so you get a free peak at your opponent's options. can't think of a way to nerf this guy without straying from the theme, so i'll just leave that up to you. or leave it as it is and risk some form of limitation...

Is making the discard random enough? The RFP makes up for the fact that it doesn't garner as much field advantage as Celestia.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Necromancer, Enshin (Lumina Counterpart)
ATK/DEF: 1500/500

i like this one...

Card Name: Shadowsworn Plaguespreader, Yurai (Jenis Counterpart)
Card Text: Each time a card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard, reduce the ATK of all face-up non-DARK monsters by 500.

add "by the effect of a Shadowsworn monster". as it is, unlike Jenis, you get rewarded for each card milled...

Sure.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Grunt, Zarin (Garoth Counterpart)

Card Text: Each time a card(s) is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Shadowsworn" monster you control, except "Shadowsworn Grunt, Zarin", send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. Then, add 1 card from the bottom of your Deck to your hand for each "Shadowsworn" monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

fixed. don't think YVD is gonna like this though...

Actually, I wanted it to reverse the deck, like Convulsion of Nature.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Witch, Helena (Lyla Counterpart)
Card Text: When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, you can change this card from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position to negate its activation and effect and destroy it. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

too easily abused...

Ah, forgot to add that part. Done.

Card Text: "Shadowsworn" monsters cannot be targeted by the effects of Spell Cards and Effect Monsters. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Problem with this is, it makes it a nerfed Aurkus because Aurkus stops all targeting effects.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:34 am

If Phantasm isn't going to get nerfed, then its on the Semi-Limited list. With 3, you could RFP their whole hand.

With the Aurkus counterpart, it has better stats than Aurkus, and not many Traps actually target now. I think the stats make up for the slightly worse effect. And anyway, if all of the Shadowsworns were better than the Lightsworns, it would be pretty boring.

I agree with Schy's fix.

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:41 am

Aleva wrote:If Phantasm isn't going to get nerfed, then its on the Semi-Limited list. With 3, you could RFP their whole hand.

With the Aurkus counterpart, it has better stats than Aurkus, and not many Traps actually target now. I think the stats make up for the slightly worse effect. And anyway, if all of the Shadowsworns were better than the Lightsworns, it would be pretty boring.

I agree with Schy's fix.
Not true. Aurkus, if on the field for more than a turn (note: Honest, which SSworns do not have) then the 1800 is arguably better for the purpose.

They don't have to be better, but no reason to make them weaker. Ideally they should be similar, with the main difference being the Attribute and consequently the supports available (for example Honest, Beckoning Light versus... Allures, Dark Creator, which are exclusive to both types).

Arrowblaze
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Arrowblaze » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Aleva wrote:If Phantasm isn't going to get nerfed, then its on the Semi-Limited list. With 3, you could RFP their whole hand.

I agree with Schy's fix.
I fail to see why you need 3 to deplete their whole hand. 1 with enough lifepoints serves the same purpose.

As for his Shadowsworn, for the extra stats, he sacrifices honest to safeguard against high attack.

But, frankly speaking, not being unaffected by monster or spell effects is just imba, especially with the almost nil cost.

So, Id have to agree to Schy's fix on the Akarus counterpart.

But the REAL reason for semi-ing Phantasm is that having 3 is overkill for the enemy, especially with its almost godlike stats.

But Helena with Final Attack Orders is just overkill. But, so is Lyla with FAO.

Nerf Jackel's attack a little bit to 2.4k. He's special summonable as a 1 turn beatstick.

The Necromancer's effect about negating the effect is *at this moment* useless, for the only lv 5 "SS" named monster is Jackel, which gains it's effect only by tribute summon. But I like the 1 turn only.

Btw, is it me or are most of your lv 4 monsters beatsticks?

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Arrowblaze wrote:

I agree with Schy's fix.
I fail to see why you need 3 to deplete their whole hand. 1 with enough lifepoints serves the same purpose.

Difficult to keep 1 monster on the field for 2-3 turns in this meta...

As for his Shadowsworn, for the extra stats, he sacrifices honest to safeguard against high attack.

All Shadowsworns are -x DEF for +x ATK compared to their Lightsworn counterparts.

But, frankly speaking, not being unaffected by monster or spell effects is just imba, especially with the almost nil cost.

So, Id have to agree to Schy's fix on the Akarus counterpart.

If the "unaffected" is no good, I'm just gonna go with Aurkus' "cannot be targeted by effects"...

But the REAL reason for semi-ing Phantasm is that having 3 is overkill for the enemy, especially with its almost godlike stats.

It doesn't create as great field advantage as JD so the stats compensate a bit, also following the -x DEF +x ATK method.

But Helena with Final Attack Orders is just overkill. But, so is Lyla with FAO.

Nerf Jackel's attack a little bit to 2.4k. He's special summonable as a 1 turn beatstick.

2400/100 then.

The Necromancer's effect about negating the effect is *at this moment* useless, for the only lv 5 "SS" named monster is Jackel, which gains it's effect only by tribute summon. But I like the 1 turn only.

Room for future developments.

Btw, is it me or are most of your lv 4 monsters beatsticks?

Not quite intentional but it turned out that way. I figure it makes up for no Honest, anyway... Suits the aggressive "evil" theme as well.
Card Name: Shadowsworn Behemoth, Trenithain (Gragonith Counterpart)
Type: Sea Serpent
Level: 6
ATK/DEF: 2500/1100
Card Text: This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each "Shadowsworn" monster with a different name in your Graveyard. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Beatstick tiem.

schyshter
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by schyshter » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:10 am

u_u'

Phantasm only needs to be on the field for 1 turn to demolish the opponent's hand as the effect can be used as much times in 1 turn as your Life Points allow...
PM me for a YVD Duel
"I'm the illest n*gga alive, watch me prove it
I snatch your crown witcha head still attatched to it"

-Canibus

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:32 pm

schyshter wrote:u_u'

Phantasm only needs to be on the field for 1 turn to demolish the opponent's hand as the effect can be used as much times in 1 turn as your Life Points allow...
=___=

It's meant to be once per turn, can't believe no one pointed this out.

EDIT:

Looking at this again, if it's only once per turn JD has the edge. Perhaps drop the once per turn and up the cost to 2000? It's also a problem that there is no DARK Beckoning Light (that I know of), so there's nothing you can do if you mill him.

Here's an attempt at a fix:

Card Name: Damnation Phantasm (JD Counterpart)
Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 3 "Shadowsworn" monsters with the same name in your Graveyard. You can pay 2000 Life Points to randomly remove from play 2 cards from your opponent's hand. During each of your End Phases, send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Would this condition be harder to fulfill..? Since you need 3 specific cards rather than 4 of many.

Arrowblaze
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Arrowblaze » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:51 am

Akirus wrote:Looking at this again, if it's only once per turn JD has the edge. Perhaps drop the once per turn and up the cost to 2000? It's also a problem that there is no DARK Beckoning Light (that I know of), so there's nothing you can do if you mill him.

Here's an attempt at a fix:

Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 3 "Shadowsworn" monsters with the same name in your Graveyard. You can pay 2000 Life Points to randomly remove from play 2 cards from your opponent's hand. During each of your End Phases, send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Would this condition be harder to fulfill..? Since you need 3 specific cards rather than 4 of many.
There is something like a Dark Beckoning, but much less versatile. Called Dark eruption or something.

2000 lifepoints to kill 2 cards in his hand while for the same cost you can nuke the field twice with JD and once with Demise?

Just change back to 4 or more different names and change the cost to 1500 lifepoints. Cards should not be too ghey yet not too nerfed either.

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:30 am

Dark Eruption is 1500ATK or less.

Anyway... here's what I've decided after some feedback, playtesting and thinking. Think I'll just go with AB's suggestion.

Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 4 or more "Shadowsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can pay 1500 Life Points to randomly remove from play 2 cards from your opponent's hand. During each of your End Phases, send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Cards like this start to bend on the idea that conservative play is preferable to aggressiveness and over-extension. When you play against Shadowsworns, it's important to find a middle ground that won't be hurt too much by D.Phantasm and Jackal or by conventional destruction.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Just wondering, why is Phantasm milling during the End Phase and not the Battle Phase? Since all the other Shadowsworns mill during the Battle Phase.

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 4 or more "Shadowsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can pay 1500 Life Points to randomly remove from play 2 cards from your opponent's hand. During the start of each of your Battle Phases, send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

The only SERIOUS problem with this card is this: if you get an extremely good first hand (i.e. you keep drawing into Incursion and Dark Renewal) and pick up a Damnation Phantasm on the first turn, that's pretty much game (unless your opponent has Yugi-level topdecking ability). Of course, it balances out the times you mill them both on the first turn...

Fixed. And here's my last 2 cards for Shadowsworns:

Card Name: Shadowsworn Medium, Bane
Card Type: Monster/Dark Tuner/Effect
Type: Psychic
Level: 10
ATK/DEF: 0/0
Card Text: If this card is used for a Dark Synchro Summon, randomly remove from play 1 card from your opponent's hand.

Instead of giving them a Tuner, I figured it would be more amusing to make it a Dark Tuner instead. Consider this guy a cross between Draekoth and Tuna.

Card Name: Shadowsworn Wraith, Vayal
Card Type: Monster/Dark Synchro/Effect
Level: -6
ATK/DEF: 3000/1000
Card Text: 1 non-Tuner monster - 1 "Shadowsworn Medium, Bane"
You can equip this card to 1 monster on the field. If the selected monster is controlled by your opponent, take control of it. The equipped monster is treated as a DARK monster, its effect is negated and it gains ATK and DEF equal to the ATK and DEF of this card. When the equipped monster is destroyed, you can send the bottom 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to Special Summon it on your side of the field in Attack Position.

Horrible OCG but you should get the gist.