Card Set: Divine Ascension [DVAC]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Card Set: Divine Ascension [DVAC]

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:38 am

A full set like this I'm not going to move yet until we've figured out what we're doing with the PCG as far as being related to the old game.

Plus, if I'm going to be making the set from scratch, it'll take me a while to go through those sets that are already completed before even starting with the new sets.
I'm going to leave sets here until I've actually finished adding them to the PCG set file, that way I know I haven't finished it yet.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:43 am

MysticJhn wrote:A full set like this I'm not going to move yet until we've figured out what we're doing with the PCG as far as being related to the old game.

Plus, if I'm going to be making the set from scratch, it'll take me a while to go through those sets that are already completed before even starting with the new sets.
I'm going to leave sets here until I've actually finished adding them to the PCG set file, that way I know I haven't finished it yet.
Can't you just open the PCG set file and delete all the non-custom cards?
Or are they all mixed up? Because I thought that they were organized by ID in the set files (Though I could be very wrong.) Tell me if it is glaringly obvious I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Pm for a duel.
DMG: DoomMoose
YVD: DoomMoose

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:53 pm

The problem is, I don't exactly know what was completed and what was not.
There may be sets that were sent to the completed set folder that were never officially added.

So if I gotta go through everythig and make sure it's right anyway, not to mention taking out support for the real cards that is no longer there, I might as well just do it from scratch, there's a lot of changes going on.

If we decided so-and-so card shouldn't exist in our game, there could be a card in the old PCG set file that still references it.
Doing it from scratch is the only and easiest way I'm sure things are how we want.

It's going to take a long time to reboot this PCG set, it's not going to happen overnight.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:57 pm

MysticJhn wrote:The problem is, I don't exactly know what was completed and what was not.
There may be sets that were sent to the completed set folder that were never officially added.

So if I gotta go through everythig and make sure it's right anyway, not to mention taking out support for the real cards that is no longer there, I might as well just do it from scratch, there's a lot of changes going on.

If we decided so-and-so card shouldn't exist in our game, there could be a card in the old PCG set file that still references it.
Doing it from scratch is the only and easiest way I'm sure things are how we want.

It's going to take a long time to reboot this PCG set, it's not going to happen overnight.
Oh wow, you're making it over from scratch?
That's gonna take a little while... o.o
If you need any help, I can try.

Pm for a duel.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Nah, it's alright.
I can probably crank through a set or two per day, so it shouldn't take long.
Once you get into the pattern, it's just basically a lot of typing.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:24 pm

MysticJhn wrote:Nah, it's alright.
I can probably crank through a set or two per day, so it shouldn't take long.
Once you get into the pattern, it's just basically a lot of typing.
I actually have learned the pattern.
To make your life easier, I already put that set I made yesterday into the correct format. And I'll probably do that to any set I make in the future, because it really isn't hard at all.
If you want, I can also find a program that writes it for you, and you just click on what you want it to be. Although imo it takes longer than actually typing it out.

Pm for a duel.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Nah, don't fret about it, although you putting things in the correct format (once the set is finished and everyone's good with your effects) would be a good help.

And once I manage to go through all the formerly completed sets, clearing out things we've decided won't be carried over into the new PCG, new sets don't get added that often just because they tend to take a while for people to make and everyone to go over with a fine tooth comb.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:08 pm

MysticJhn wrote:Nah, don't fret about it, although you putting things in the correct format (once the set is finished and everyone's good with your effects) would be a good help.

And once I manage to go through all the formerly completed sets, clearing out things we've decided won't be carried over into the new PCG, new sets don't get added that often just because they tend to take a while for people to make and everyone to go over with a fine tooth comb.
I know that, but I might as well do it. And I don't mind doing that before it's finished, because I doubt it would take me more than around 10 seconds to edit it. The problem is that the PCG isn't active enough for it to be fixed fast enough...
I don't think it takes too long to make sets (At least for me) but thats the problem, not enough people to perfect the effects fast enough.

Pm for a duel.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:35 am

Well, hopefully with this last effort, the PCG actually gets popular for once.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:47 am

MysticJhn wrote:Well, hopefully with this last effort, the PCG actually gets popular for once.
I always kind of thought that at some point, many eons ago, PCG wasn't so dead.

Pm for a duel.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:23 am

To be honest, I've never played anyone in it before, there was only like 5 of us at any given point.

Nobody actually wanted to play, but I loved making cards.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:46 am

MysticJhn wrote:To be honest, I've never played anyone in it before, there was only like 5 of us at any given point.

Hmmmm...
What was the point in having a set file then? >.<
Although it seems to be getting sorta kinda active, you me flu arrow and aleva(?) are on it and that's within 3 days of you making the actual decision that you would start over from scratch... Maybe we can try and get the whole forum involved (Because it would be nice if we could duel using this set file with each other.)

Pm for a duel.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:53 am

Well, the set file was made when it looked like this was going to get bigger.
This whole folder actually spawned off the Member Created Cards folder, originally all of the associated threads were in there.
Then it was a sub folder in there, then it was enough to make it it's own folder.
Then it died. -_-

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:59 am

MysticJhn wrote:Well, the set file was made when it looked like this was going to get bigger.
This whole folder actually spawned off the Member Created Cards folder, originally all of the associated threads were in there.
Then it was a sub folder in there, then it was enough to make it it's own folder.
Then it died. -_-
Well, it certainly seems like a good idea. It just seems fun to actually make cards and then play other people using them instead of following konami's every wish.

Pm for a duel.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:19 am

MysticJhn wrote:To be honest, I've never played anyone in it before, there was only like 5 of us at any given point.

o.O

I used to play with Akirus almost every day. We tried out basically every card made, testing them. We put the banlist together too. >.> took a long time.

For some unknown reason, we never tested Mystic's cards though.