Card Set: Rise of the Technodrome![ROTD]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Card Set: Rise of the Technodrome![ROTD]

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:08 am

I thought I would make a set, since I've never really contributed to the PCG before.
Since it's my first set, there are probably some OCG errors, and please tell me if I broke anything.
This set introduces 3 new archetypes- the 1337's, angels, and plastics.

The 1337's revolve around their field spell (Which their second effects rely upon) and discarding themselves similar to D.D. Crow. Kinda scared I made it too easy to synchro with them, tell me if they're broken.

Angels are a sort of reverse toolbox, adding each other to the hand when they're destroyed by battle. They're all based on real angels from the bible, so tell me if that's offensive for some reason and I'll change their names. Their effects are also based on what angel they're based on, Ex: malachim is a messenger, so he has a stratos effect. while Hamavet is the angel of death so he has a dumping effect.

plastics I thought were underpowered so I gave them sergeant... Tried to balance him by making you pay 5k, And giving him 0 atk/def, but tell me if he's still broken (Because I believe you can use his effect to pull 3 soldiers and a spy for an OTK.) Their playstyle is very similar to a "Level 3 and under" deck, in that it uses little monsters and protects them with an archetype-specific version of level limit.
Spoiler:
COVER CARD:

Technodrome
Field spell
All "1337" monsters you control gain 500 atk. Once per turn, When a "1337" monster is discarded from your hand to the graveyard, draw 1 card.

1337's

1337 Ness
2 Stars Dark
Machine/tuner/effect
You can discard this card to add 1 "Technodrome" from your graveyard to your hand. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-When this card is normal summoned, special summon 1 level 4 or lower "1337" monster from your graveyard.
0/0

1337- Search Engine
4 Stars Dark
Machine/effect
You can discard this card to add 1 "Technodrome" from your deck to your hand. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-Field spell cards cannot be destroyed. Your opponent cannot activate a new field spell card.
1500/0

1337- Fire Wall
3 Stars Dark
Machine/effect
You can discard this card to negate the activation of a card that would destroy a face-up "1337" card or a face-up "Technodrome" you control and destroy that card. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-If a "1337" monster you control is targeted by an opponent's card effect, you can pay 1000 life points to negate the effect and destroy that card.
0/2000

1337- Haxor
4 stars Dark
Machine/effect
While you have 2 or more "1337" monsters in the graveyard, you can pay 1000 life points and discard this card to look at your opponent's hand, and pick 1 monster card with a level lesser than or equal to the total level of all "1337" monsters in your graveyard (excluding "1337 Haxor"), and send it to the graveyard. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this monster gains the following effect.
-Once per turn, you can tribute 1 "1337" monster to negate the effect of a card effect and destroy it. You can only use this effect during your battle phase.
1500/0

1337- GameBoy
3 stars Dark
Machine/tuner/effect
You can discard this card to send 1 "1337" monster from your deck to your graveyard. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-Once per turn, when a "1337" monster is discarded from your hand to the graveyard, you can special summon that card.
500/0

1337- Genesis
6 stars Dark
Machine/synchro
1 DARK machine-type tuner + 1 or more machine-type non-tuners
While this card is face-up on the field, field spell cards cannot be destroyed, and your opponent cannot activate field spell cards. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field this monster gains the following effect.
-All "1337" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.
2400/1500

1337 Super Ness
7 stars Dark
Machine/synchro
1 DARK machine-type tuner + 1 or more DARK machine-type non-tuners.
When this card is synchro summoned, destroy 1 card on the field. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the graveyard, special summon 1 "1337" monster from your graveyard in face-up attack position. It's effect(s) is negated.
2600/2000

ANGEL'S-

Raphael
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
Once per turn, you can gain 300 lifepoints for each LIGHT Fairy-type monster in your graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF except "Raphael" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0

Malachim
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
When this card is normal summoned, you can pay 1000 lifepoints to add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster besides "Malachim" from your deck to your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF except "Malachim" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0

Hamavet
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
Once per turn, you can pay 500 life points to send 1 LIGHT fairy-type monster from your deck to the graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF except "Hamavet" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0

Ophanim
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
When this card is added from the graveyard to your hand, you can special summon it. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 def except "Ophanim" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0

Archangel Gabriel
8 stars Light
Fairy/effect
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by removing from play 3 LIGHT fairy-type monsters with 0 DEF in your graveyard from play. While this card is face-up on the field, all LIGHT fairy-type monsters you control gain 500 atk. When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard, special summon 1 monster removed from play by this card's effect.
2500/0

Blessing of the Angels
Normal Spell
Discard 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF and draw 2 cards.

Celestial Wrath
Quick-play spell card
Destroy face-up cards your opponent controls equal to the amount of level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monsters with 0 DEF you control.

Chariot of the Angels
Normal Spell
Send 2 LIGHT fairy-type monsters with 0 DEF from your deck to your graveyard.

Plastics-

Plastic Soldier
3 stars Earth
Warrior/ effect
While this card is face-up on the field, all "Plastic" monsters you control gain 500 atk.
1300/500

Plastic Gunner
3 stars Earth
Warrior/effect
Once per turn, you can tribute 1 "Plastic" monster you control to destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field.
1400/500

Plastic Spy
3 stars Earth
Warrior/effect
While this card is face-up on the field, "Plastic" monsters you control can attack your opponent directly.
1000/300

Plastic Recruiter
3 stars Earth
Warrior/effect
When this card is destroyed by battle, you can add 1 "Plastic" card from your deck to your hand.
400/200

Plastic Sergeant
3 stars Earth
Warrior/effect
During your main phase, you can pay 5000 lifepoints to special summon up to 4 "Plastic" monsters from your deck. You cannot enter your battle phase the turn you activate this effect.
0/1000

Plastic Army's Base
Continuous Spell
While you control a "Plastic" monster, all face-up Level 4 or higher monsters cannot attack.
Pre-formated cards: (THESE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT ARE UPDATED.)
Spoiler:
|1337 Ness|1|ROTD|Machine/Tuner/Effect|Dark|2||0|0|You can discard this card to add 1 "Technodrome" from your Graveyard to your hand. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect. •When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "1337" monster from your Graveyard.|
|1337 Search Engine|2|ROTD|Machine/Effect|Dark|4||1500|0|You can discard this card to add 1 "Technodrome" from your Deck to your hand. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect. •Field spell cards cannot be destroyed. Your opponent cannot activate a new field spell card.|
|1337 Fire Wall|3|ROTD|Machine/Effect|Dark|3||0|2000|You can discard this card to negate the activation of a card that would destroy a face-up "1337" card or a face-up "Technodrome" you control and destroy that card. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect. •If a "1337" monster you control is targeted by an opponent's card effect, you can pay 1000 life points to negate the effect and destroy that card.|
|1337 Hacksor|4|ROTD|Machine/Effect|Dark|4||1500|0|While you have 2 or more "1337" monsters in the Graveyard, you can pay 1000 life points and discard this card to look at your opponent's hand, and pick 1 monster card with a level lesser than or equal to the total level of all "1337" monsters in your Graveyard (excluding "1337 Haxor"), and send it to the Graveyard. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this monster gains the following effect. •Once per turn, you can tribute 1 "1337" monster to negate the effect of a card effect and destroy it. You can only use this effect during your Battle Phase. |
|1337 GameBoy|5|ROTD|Machine/Tuner/Effect|Dark|3||500|0| You can discard this card to send 1 "1337" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.•Once per turn, when a "1337" monster is discarded from your hand to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon that card.|
|1337 Genesis|6|ROTD|Machine/Synchro/Effect|Dark|6||500|0|1 DARK Machine-Type tuner + 1 or more Machine-Type non-tuners While this card is face-up on the field, field spell cards cannot be destroyed, and your opponent cannot activate field spell cards. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field this monster gains the following effect.•All "1337" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.|
|1337 Super Ness|7|ROTD|Machine/Synchro/Effect|Dark|7||2600|2000|1 DARK Machine-Type tuner + 1 or more DARK Machine-Type non-tuners. When this card is synchro summoned, destroy 1 card on the field. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.•When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "1337" monster from your Graveyard in face-up attack position. It's effect(s) is negated.|
|Technodrome|8|SDZW|Spell Card|Spell||Field|||All “1337” monsters you control gain 500 atk. Once per turn, when a “1337” monster is discarded from your hand to your Graveyard, draw 1 card.|
|Raphael|9|ROTD|Fairy/Effect|Light|4||1500|0|Once per turn, you can gain 300 Lifepoints for each LIGHT Fairy-Type monster in your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT Fairy-Type monster with 0 DEF except "Raphael" from your Graveyard to your hand.||
|Malachim|10|ROTD|Fairy/Effect|Light|4||1500|0|When this card is Normal Summoned, you can pay 1000 Lifepoints to add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT Fairy-Type monster besides "Malachim" from your Deck to your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT Fairy-Type monster with 0 DEF except "Malachim" from your Graveyard to your hand.|
|Hamavet|11|ROTD|Fairy/Effect|Light|4||1500|0|Once per turn, you can pay 500 life points to send 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT Fairy-Type monster with 0 DEF except "Hamavet" from your Graveyard to your hand.|
|Ophanim|12|ROTD|Fairy/Effect|Light|4||1500|0|When this card is added from the Graveyard to your hand, you can Special Summon it. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT Fairy-Type monster with 0 def except "Ophanim" from your Graveyard to your hand.|
|Archangel Gabriel|13|ROTD|Fairy/Effect|Light|8||2500|0| This card cannot be Normal Summoned or set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 3 LIGHT Fairy-Type monsters with 0 DEF in your Graveyard from play. While this card is face-up on the field, all LIGHT Fairy-Type monsters you control gain 500 atk. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 monster removed from play by this card's effect.|
|Blessing of the Angels|14|ROTD|Spell Card|Spell||Continuous|||When a Fairy-Type monster is added from the graveyard to your hand, add 1 "Blessing" counter to this card. (Max. 3) When this card is destroyed, you can draw cards up to the number of "Blessing" Counters on this card. Once per turn, you can destroy this card.|
|Chariot of the Angels|15|ROTD|Spell Card|Spell|||||Send 2 LIGHT Fairy-Type monsters with 0 DEF from your Deck to your Graveyard.|
|Celestial Wrath|16|ROTD|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play||| Destroy face-up cards your opponent controls equal to the amount of level 4 or lower LIGHT Fairy-Type monsters with 0 DEF you control.|
|Plastic Soldier|17|ROTD|Warrior/Effect|Earth|3||1300|500|While this card is face-up on the field, all "Plastic" monsters you control gain 500 atk.|
|Plastic Gunner|18|ROTD|Warrior/Effect|Earth|3||1400|500|Once per turn, you can tribute 1 "Plastic" monster you control to destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field.|
|Plastic Spy|19|ROTD|Warrior/Effect|Earth|3||1000|300|While this card is face-up on the field, "Plastic" monsters you control can attack your opponent directly.|
|Plastic Recruiter|20|ROTD|Warrior/Effect|Earth|3||400|200| When this card is destroyed by battle, you can add 1 "Plastic" card from your Deck to your hand.|
|Plastic Sergeant|21|ROTD|Warrior/Effect|Earth|5||2100|1000|Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "Plastic" monster from your Graveyard.|
|The Plastic Army’s Base|22|ROTD|Spell Card|Spell||Continuous||| While you control a "Plastic" monster, all face-up Level 4 or higher monsters cannot attack.|
(The formatted cards are all tested.)
Last edited by DoomMoose on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Pm for a duel.
DMG: DoomMoose
YVD: DoomMoose

Flu
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Rise of the Technodrome!

Post by Flu » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:14 am

So,The leet synchros need attack/defense.
MysticJhn wrote:Also, Flu is right
Cencil45 wrote:Flu is pretty much always right

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 am

The Submissions go into Submissions folder, they only get moved into "Complete Sets" when everyone agrees on the effects and they have been added to the set file.

Plus, you need to pick a set ID, you know that 3 or 4 letter code at the beginning of set numbers.

Also, the Toys are totally my idea, I already made a full Toy archtype in my Magician's Power set.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:22 am

MysticJhn wrote:The Submissions go into Submissions folder, they only get moved into "Complete Sets" when everyone agrees on the effects and they have been added to the set file.

Plus, you need to pick a set ID, you know that 3 or 4 letter code at the beginning of set numbers.

Also, the Toys are totally my idea, I already made a full Toy archtype in my Magician's Power set.
Move it, it's like 12:00 here and I was much too sleepy to remember these "Rules" you speak of.

Ok. rotd. there. I'll edit it in.

Oh Poop. Well I also learned konami beat both of us and made a really crappy, incomplete toy archetype nearly secluded into the anime. I'll just have to switch each of their names around to something else, what else would go along with that theme that I can just replace the "Toy" part in their names with?
Flu wrote:So,The leet synchros need attack/defense.
Yeah, I'm sleepy.
That's my excuse for every mistake I'm going to make tonight so automatically assume that.

Edit: Made "Toy's" "Plastics" and I changed the topic name so it doesn't look like I spit on the nice format of every other set in here. I also added the set ID to the title.

Pm for a duel.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission: Rise of the Technodrome! [ROTD]

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:54 pm

OCG errors?
Broken cards?
Because I want someone to tell me before I format the rest of this. I already have the 1337 cards fully formated so that you can just copy/paste into the set file. Just trying to make it easier for mystic to add it when it gets added eventually.

Pm for a duel.

Flu
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Flu » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:01 pm

The Leet field spell is basically making it so you would draw two cards a turn, the once per turn makes it a little better, but still.
And Haxor is really kinda op'd, imo.
Discard a sanganable card to look at your opponent's hand?
It's actually splashable, despite it's discarding effect not working in other decks, and can give a huge huge huge strategic advantage.
Edit it to "excluding Haxor" instead of this card, it can only be discarded with a minimum amount of leets in your grave, and then it probably gets as close to balanced as it can.
MysticJhn wrote:Also, Flu is right
Cencil45 wrote:Flu is pretty much always right

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Flu wrote:The Leet field spell is basically making it so you would draw two cards a turn, the once per turn makes it a little better, but still.
And Haxor is really kinda op'd, imo.
Discard a sanganable card to look at your opponent's hand?
It's actually splashable, despite it's discarding effect not working in other decks, and can give a huge huge huge strategic advantage.
Edit it to "excluding Haxor" instead of this card, it can only be discarded with a minimum amount of leets in your grave, and then it probably gets as close to balanced as it can.
I actually thought it said "Excluding haxor" because I didn't want people to be able to run it as a dustshoot for level 4 or lower monsters.

Edit: nerf'd

1337- Haxor
4 stars Dark
Machine/effect
While you have 2 or more "1337" monsters in the graveyard, you can pay 1000 life points and discard this card to look at your opponent's hand, and pick 1 monster card with a level lesser than or equal to the total level of all "1337" monsters in your graveyard (excluding "1337 Haxor"), and send it to the graveyard. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this monster gains the following effect.
-Once per turn, you can tribute 1 "1337" monster to negate the effect of a card effect and destroy it. You can only use this effect during your battle phase.
1500/0

Is technodrome broken too?

Pm for a duel.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Nerf'd sergeant so that it's a bit harder to OTK with him.

Plastic Sergeant
3 stars Earth
Warrior/effect
During your main phase, you can pay 5000 lifepoints to special summon up to 4 "Plastic" monsters from your deck. You cannot enter your battle phase the turn you activate this effect.
0/1000

This way you can't OTK immediately, and your opponent has a chance to counter it.

I also have formated all of the cards now.

Pm for a duel.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Anything else guys?

Pm for a duel.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:25 am

Is everyone fine with these cards?
If so, can this be moved to Complete Sets? (I know that you said that you weren't adding any atm, mystic, but it's pre-formated. If the reason that you aren't adding them is different, let me know.)

Pm for a duel.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:44 am

I'm not adding any until I re-do the PCG set file.

Just mark the thread title as Finished so I know to do it immediatly as soon as things are up and running.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission:Rise of the Technodrome![ROTD](finis

Post by Aleva » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:22 am

Lol, sorry about this, but I haven't really looked at these... I'll look at them while we debate about whatever archetype comes next.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:42 am

COVER CARD:

Technodrome
Field spell
All "1337" monsters you control gain 500 atk. Once per turn, When a "1337" monster is discarded from your hand to the graveyard, draw 1 card.
Fine.
1337's

1337 Ness
2 Stars Dark
Machine/tuner/effect
You can discard this card to add 1 "Technodrome" from your graveyard to your hand. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-When this card is normal summoned, special summon 1 "1337" monster from your graveyard.
0/0
Level 4 or lower, don't want you reborning a Synchro.

1337- Search Engine
4 Stars Dark
Machine/effect
You can discard this card to add 1 "Technodrome" from your deck to your hand. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-Field spell cards cannot be destroyed. Your opponent cannot activate a new field spell card.
1500/0
Whatever... pretty much the same as any Field Searcher, but unique to the archetype. Looks fine.

1337- Fire Wall
3 Stars Dark
Machine/effect
You can discard this card to negate the activation of a card that would destroy a face-up "1337" card or a face-up "Technodrome" you control and destroy that card. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-If a "1337" monster you control is targeted by an opponent's card effect, you can pay 1000 life points to negate the effect and destroy that card.
0/2000
No way. The discarding is fine. The stats are fine. But the effect it gains from Technodrome is too much. Its almost like Stardust, but you can do it more than once a turn and LP doesn't matter that much. Lockdown to hell. Make it discard 1 "1337" monster to activate the effect. You get a card back from Technodrome's effect anyway.

1337- Haxor
4 stars Dark
Machine/effect
1500/0
Looks fine.

1337- GameBoy
3 stars Dark
Machine/tuner/effect
You can discard this card to send 1 "1337" monster from your deck to your graveyard. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-Once per turn, when a "1337" monster is discarded from your hand to the graveyard, you can special summon that card.
500/0
Hmm.. hard to say if it'll be abused well or not. Leave it, I guess.

1337- Genesis
6 stars Dark
Machine/synchro
1 DARK machine-type tuner + 1 or more machine-type non-tuners
While this card is face-up on the field, field spell cards cannot be destroyed, and your opponent cannot activate field spell cards. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field this monster gains the following effect.
-All "1337" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.
2400/1500
Meh... looks fine.

1337 Super Ness
7 stars Dark
Machine/synchro
1 DARK machine-type tuner + 1 or more DARK machine-type non-tuners.
When this card is synchro summoned, destroy 1 card on the field. While "Technodrome" is face-up on the field, this card gains the following effect.
-When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the graveyard, special summon 1 "1337" monster from your graveyard in face-up attack position. It's effect(s) is negated.
2600/2000
Looks fine.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:05 am

Not that many things target nowadays.
Nowhere near a stardust.

Pm for a duel.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:17 am

Any effect means its not just destruction effects that get negated for a mere 1000 LP. Its any effect that targets a monster you have.