Card Set: Rise of the Technodrome![ROTD]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
canasian
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission:Rise of the Technodrome![ROTD](finis

Post by canasian » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:20 am

DoomMoose wrote:Not that many things target nowadays.
Nowhere near a stardust.
I have to agree with this.
If it were worded like Aurkus, so that it affected 1337's in the graveyard too, then I'd say it needed a nerf.

Although I don't know what kinds of cards we have floating around the PCG that target.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:53 am

Aleva wrote:Any effect means its not just destruction effects that get negated for a mere 1000 LP. Its any effect that targets a monster you have.
Which is... Book of moon, prison, and smashing ground?
:l
And none of those are even being imported...

Pm for a duel.
DMG: DoomMoose
YVD: DoomMoose

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Which is also a lot of PCG cards... Keep it that way if you want, but it'll probably end up being abused later anyway.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Well, if we find out a card is being abused, we will have an ever-changing banlist.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:53 am

If possible, can we stick to the format in the READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST A TOPIC thread...?

Raphael
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
Once per turn, you can gain 300 lifepoints for each LIGHT Fairy-type monster in your graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0
Looks fine.

Malachim
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
When this card is normal summoned, you can pay 1000 lifepoints to add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster besides "Malachim" from your deck to your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF except "Malachim" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0
Looks alright, a bit worried that both effects activated net a +2, but we'll see. Not smart to attack it if its face-up there anyway...

Hamavet
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
Once per turn, you can pay 500 life points to send 1 LIGHT fairy-type monster from your deck to the graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF except "Hamavet" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0
Is the last sentence an archetype sentence that they all have?

Ophanim
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
When this card is added from the graveyard to your hand, you can special summon it. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 def except "Ophanim" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0

Archangel Gabriel
8 stars Light
Fairy/effect
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by removing from play 3 LIGHT fairy-type monsters with 0 DEF in your graveyard from play. While this card is face-up on the field, all LIGHT fairy-type monsters you control gain 500 atk. When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard, special summon 1 monster removed from play by this card's effect.
2500/0
Looks pretty cool, if a bit weak to be a boss.

Blessing of the Angels
Normal Spell
Discard 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF and draw 2 cards.
Pretty meh... clone of D-Draw.

Celestial Wrath
Quick-play spell card
Destroy face-up cards your opponent controls equal to the amount of level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monsters with 0 DEF you control.

Chariot of the Angels
Normal Spell
Send 3 LIGHT fairy-type monsters with 0 DEF from your deck to your graveyard.
Drop it to 2 or even 1 monster. I don't want you activating this, then SSing that boss monster on the 1st turn.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Aleva wrote:
If possible, can we stick to the format in the READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST A TOPIC thread...?

Figured no one would care since that was there to make cards easier to add but I already formatted it correctly.

Raphael
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
Once per turn, you can gain 300 lifepoints for each LIGHT Fairy-type monster in your graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0
Looks fine.
I actually thought I underpowered him pretty badly, but I couldn't think of something a healer would do besides restore lifepoints.

Malachim
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
When this card is normal summoned, you can pay 1000 lifepoints to add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster besides "Malachim" from your deck to your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF except "Malachim" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0
Looks alright, a bit worried that both effects activated net a +2, but we'll see. Not smart to attack it if its face-up there anyway...

Hamavet
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
Once per turn, you can pay 500 life points to send 1 LIGHT fairy-type monster from your deck to the graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF except "Hamavet" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0
Is the last sentence an archetype sentence that they all have?
Yep. It's a reverse toolbox sort of thing.

Ophanim
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
When this card is added from the graveyard to your hand, you can special summon it. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 def except "Ophanim" from your graveyard to your hand.
1500/0

Archangel Gabriel
8 stars Light
Fairy/effect
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by removing from play 3 LIGHT fairy-type monsters with 0 DEF in your graveyard from play. While this card is face-up on the field, all LIGHT fairy-type monsters you control gain 500 atk. When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard, special summon 1 monster removed from play by this card's effect.
2500/0
With the 500 atk boost he's 3000, I figured that would be enough.

Blessing of the Angels
Normal Spell
Discard 1 level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monster with 0 DEF and draw 2 cards.
Hey, speed is always nice. And if it wasn't a clone of D-draw it would be a clone of allure, and that doesn't fit the archetype terribly well.

Celestial Wrath
Quick-play spell card
Destroy face-up cards your opponent controls equal to the amount of level 4 or lower LIGHT fairy-type monsters with 0 DEF you control.

Chariot of the Angels
Normal Spell
Send 3 LIGHT fairy-type monsters with 0 DEF from your deck to your graveyard.
Drop it to 2 or even 1 monster. I don't want you activating this, then SSing that boss monster on the 1st turn.

Mmmk will do.

Pm for a duel.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:00 am

DoomMoose wrote:
Aleva wrote:

Figured no one would care since that was there to make cards easier to add but I already formatted it correctly.

Raphael
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
1500/0
Looks fine.
I actually thought I underpowered him pretty badly, but I couldn't think of something a healer would do besides restore lifepoints.
Just wondering, shouldn't you have a "except Raphael" part in the last sentence?

Archangel Gabriel
8 stars Light
Fairy/effect
2500/0
I meant how it doesn't give you that much advantage. Look at the boss monsters of other archetypes, like JD. They net you good advantage with their effects. This is just a beatstick with a free SS when its destroyed. That's why its weak to be a boss.

Blessing of the Angels
Normal Spell
Hey, speed is always nice. And if it wasn't a clone of D-draw it would be a clone of allure, and that doesn't fit the archetype terribly well.
Clones are generally discouraged in the PCG... they take away imagination and we don't want every archetype going "Discard 1 "x monster". Draw 2 cards." on their draw card.

Celestial Wrath
Quick-play spell card
Situational.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Raphael
4 stars Light
Fairy/effect
1500/0
Looks fine.
Just wondering, shouldn't you have a "except Raphael" part in the last sentence?
I added that, the one here was before I added it.

Archangel Gabriel
8 stars Light
Fairy/effect
2500/0
I meant how it doesn't give you that much advantage. Look at the boss monsters of other archetypes, like JD. They net you good advantage with their effects. This is just a beatstick with a free SS when its destroyed. That's why its weak to be a boss.
I could change it to "Special summon all the monsters removed by this card's effect"?
Also I'm eventually adding onto this, and they're going to get a second boss (Michael)

Blessing of the Angels
Normal Spell
Clones are generally discouraged in the PCG... they take away imagination and we don't want every archetype going "Discard 1 "x monster". Draw 2 cards." on their draw card.
What else would I make their draw card? <.< Pitch 2 draw 3?

Celestial Wrath
Quick-play spell card
Situational.
Meh, it's nice control.
they don't usually have tons of monsters on the field so regularly it's a 141 though.

Pm for a duel.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 pm

DoomMoose wrote:

Archangel Gabriel
8 stars Light
Fairy/effect
2500/0
I could change it to "Special summon all the monsters removed by this card's effect"?
Also I'm eventually adding onto this, and they're going to get a second boss (Michael)

Well, if they get a 2nd boss, then it should be fine as it is.

Blessing of the Angels
Normal Spell
What else would I make their draw card? <.< Pitch 2 draw 3?
Like I said... its just boring. Even LS has their own, archetype gain thing (mill 2) in their draw card. The draw cards for Cloudians Lewie and I made give you Fog Counters. My Stormkings get to drop another Earthen from the Deck. A simple, Drop 1, Draw 2 effect is just bland and boring. Try and make it a bit more interesting? Even a sentence that gives it a little bonus to the archetype is enough.

Celestial Wrath
Quick-play spell card
Situational.
Meh, it's nice control.
they don't usually have tons of monsters on the field so regularly it's a 141 though.

Yeah... I guess it should be fine. If they have tonnes of monsters, you probably won't.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:21 pm

How about this instead:
Blessing of the Angels
Continuous Spell
When a LIGHT Fairy-Type Monster with 0 DEF monster is added from the graveyard to your hand, add 1 Blessing counter to this card. When this card is destroyed, you can draw cards up to the number of Blessing Counters on this card. Once per turn, you can destroy this card.

Also, please review the plastic monsters so the set is done someone.
Last edited by DoomMoose on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pm for a duel.

canasian

Post by canasian » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:23 pm

DoomMoose wrote:How about this instead:
Blessing of the Angels
Continuous Spell
When a Fairy-Type monster is added from the graveyard to your hand, add 1 "Blessing" counter to this card. When this card is destroyed, you can draw cards up to the number of "Blessing" Counters on this card. Once per turn, you can destroy this card.
needs a maximum of 2 or 3 counters.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:31 pm

canasian wrote:
Blessing of the Angels
Continuous Spell
When a Fairy-Type monster is added from the graveyard to your hand, add 1 "Blessing" counter to this card. When this card is destroyed, you can draw cards up to the number of "Blessing" Counters on this card. Once per turn, you can destroy this card.
Since they have to be destroyed by battle to gain a counter, it probably won't get too high.
Unless they constantly suicide via ulty offering, that is. But even then, ulty offering isn't in new PCG, and it would be a situational combo anyway.
Also fixed OCG, blessing shouldn't be in quotes.

Pm for a duel.

canasian

Post by canasian » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:35 pm

DoomMoose wrote:
canasian wrote:
Blessing of the Angels
Continuous Spell
Since they have to be destroyed by battle to gain a counter, it probably won't get too high.
Unless they constantly suicide via ulty offering, that is. But even then, ulty offering isn't in new PCG, and it would be a situational combo anyway.
Also fixed OCG, blessing shouldn't be in quotes.
/Implying that their effects are the only way to add Fairy-type monsters from your grave to your hand

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:42 pm

canasian wrote: /Implying that their effects are the only way to add Fairy-type monsters from your grave to your hand
Find me 1 card that was added to the new pcg, can consistently add the angel fairy monsters into your hand, and isn't one of the angel monsters and I will nerf it to 3.

Pm for a duel.

canasian

Post by canasian » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:57 pm

DoomMoose wrote:
canasian wrote: /Implying that their effects are the only way to add Fairy-type monsters from your grave to your hand
Find me 1 card that was added to the new pcg, can consistently add the angel fairy monsters into your hand, and isn't one of the angel monsters and I will nerf it to 3.
Atm there isn't one, but you can't expect no one else to ever make another set of Fairies.