Card Set: Rise of the Technodrome![ROTD]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission:Rise of the Technodrome![ROTD](finis

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Just put the max at 2, 3 or 4.

Don't think you'll be going that high that often anyway, and if you do, its either when you play a noob or if you use at least 1 card protecting this card anyway, or if they just get really unlucky and don't draw anything to destroy it.

Six Samurai United and Arcane Barrier can be compared to this... the differences are that this one has no counter limit, but its arguably harder to get counters.

EDIT: No, there needs to be a max. Since it activates when its destroyed any time, not when you destroy it yourself, there must be a maximum number of counters. Either 2 or 3.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:59 pm

canasian wrote:
DoomMoose wrote:
canasian wrote: /Implying that their effects are the only way to add Fairy-type monsters from your grave to your hand
Find me 1 card that was added to the new pcg, can consistently add the angel fairy monsters into your hand, and isn't one of the angel monsters and I will nerf it to 3.
Atm there isn't one, but you can't expect no one else to ever make another set of Fairies.
OOOOHHHH.
I meant to put it as "LIGHT Fairy-Type Monster with 0 DEF"
I can't see it being abused then.
Aleva wrote: Six Samurai United and Arcane Barrier can be compared to this... the differences are that this one has no counter limit, but its arguably harder to get counters.
it would take a while for me to think of a draw that both hasn't been looked at by konami and works with the archetype... I think it's alright.

If you guys really want a limit I can put it at 5. (Or 3 if we test it and 5 is too much, but I'd doubt you would ever get it to 5...) Can we move on to plastic monsters, which are really a matter of if sergeant should exist or not. I'm thinking I'm going to do it as 2000 LP and their effects are negated, and they never get a tuner, because I don't know what I was smoking when I created that thing.

Pm for a duel.
DMG: DoomMoose
YVD: DoomMoose

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:45 pm

The thing is, even if they destroy it with MST when you only have 1 counter on it, you still get an extra card. If you compare it to similar cards like Six Sam United, this one is clearly better. That's why it needs to have a limit. 3 is a +2 already, what more could you ask for?

And, it'd be nice if you looked at other people's sets too... including mine.

As for Plastics, you can't be serious. Even with effects negated, you get 5 monsters on the field in one turn with no loss in card advantage? Go to hell.

I agree with you in that its a matter of whether Sergeant should exist or not, and I say...it should be SS 1 Monster from Hand/GY. Deck Summons themselves are generally broken. Especially when you know how easy it can be to Special Summon any Tuner (who said you need to have a plastic Tuner)?

Two options, imo..

1. Deck Special Summon 1 Plastic. Drawbacks. Discard 1 card, 2000 LP, Skip Battle Phase, No other Special Summons this turn.

2. Hand/GY summon 1 Plastic. Drawbacks. Discard 1 card.
Last edited by Aleva on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Aleva wrote:The thing is, even if they destroy it with MST when you only have 1 counter on it, you still get an extra card. If you compare it to similar cards like Six Sam United, this one is clearly better. That's why it needs to have a limit. 3 is a +2 already, what more could you ask for?

And, it'd be nice if you looked at other people's sets too... including mine.
mmmk, down to 3.
I did look at yours, most of the time I look down a list and find a good number of OCG errors but no broken cards and then decide not to post it because I look like a jerk for not fixing any effects but listing OCG errors one by one.

Pm for a duel.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:03 pm

I did my opinion for your Plastics in my last post, after editing.

Even if there are no broken cards, comment on them, surely I've quoted and said "This card looks fine" plenty of times for you. And if my OCG is wrong, I'm not going to be angry with you. I try to help everyone else with their OCG too. Maybe give ideas for improvement.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Aleva wrote:I did my opinion for your Plastics in my last post, after editing.

Even if there are no broken cards, comment on them, surely I've quoted and said "This card looks fine" plenty of times for you. And if my OCG is wrong, I'm not going to be angry with you. I try to help everyone else with their OCG too. Maybe give ideas for improvement.
Not primarily you on the ocg thing actually, Your okay with OCG but I know a moderate amount about it since I have been around Yugioh Card Maker forums submiting and they are incredibly picky about OCG.

How about 2k LP summon 2 from the grave, effects negated for sergeant.
Thing about sergeant is I want him to be their card that shoots them to tier 1. kinda wanted them to be at least semi competitive.

Pm for a duel.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Ideally, we want ALL decks to be at a tier 1 in PCG.

Discard 1, Summon 2 from Grave, effects negated, pay 1k LP, Semi-Limit.

How's that?

Free +2 is too cheap.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:41 am

Aleva wrote:Ideally, we want ALL decks to be at a tier 1 in PCG.

Discard 1, Summon 2 from Grave, effects negated, pay 1k LP, Semi-Limit.

How's that?

Free +2 is too cheap.
Consider how good every monster other then sergeant is in the archetype.
Seriously most of them suck, especially without their effects.
It's a plus 2, but they're tiny-attack vanillas.

Pm for a duel.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:11 am

Alright... consider how easy it is to Special Summon a Tuner or just Special Summon Sergeant. Want me to show you?

Its my Main Phase.

I Special Summon any Tuner... even this would do..

Blackwing - Mirage of the Heavy Storm
Attrib: Dark
Type: Winged Beast/Tuner/Effect
Level:2
Atk: 100
Def: 400
If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can remove from play this card from your Graveyard as a Level 1 or 2 non-Tuner Synchro Material Monster for the Synchro Summon of a "Blackwing" Synchro Monster.

Normal Summon Sergeant.

Special Summon 2 Level 3 Monsters from GY.

Hey, what's this? Free Level 8 Synchro!

Then what's this? I Special Summon another Tuner. Activate effect again!

Another Level 8 Synchro!

See how broken it is?

(We forgot to make it once per turn)

Anyway, even 1 Level 8 Synchro a turn... come on, buddy... you don't lose any card advantage except whatever Tuner you use.

The most I'm willing is Discard 1, Summon 2. I'd actually rather drop it even lower, to Discard 1, Summon 1, but there's NO WAY that doing nothing + Summon 2 is gonna be accepted.

Also, consider you say you want this to be a Tier 1 Archetype. Then you also say 'Consider how every other monster in the archetype is weak'. You could just make monsters with better stats. Its not as if these 5 or so cards are gonna be a tier 1 archetype on their own.

Once again.

Discard 1, Summon 2 from Grave, effects negated, pay 1k LP

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:26 pm

That was an EXTREMELY situational combo. If you can pull that off consistently I will eat a pile of necrofaces.
If you'd like I could do:
once per turn, 2k lp, 2 summoned, effects negated, cannot be used for synchro material.
Also... look up dragunities.
They are an archetype built to grab 1 level 8 synchro or level 6 synchro per turn.

Pm for a duel.

canasian
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by canasian » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Aleva wrote:Discard 1, Summon 2 from Grave, effects negated, pay 1k LP.
I like this.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:11 am

DoomMoose wrote:That was an EXTREMELY situational combo. If you can pull that off consistently I will eat a pile of necrofaces.
If you'd like I could do:
once per turn, 2k lp, 2 summoned, effects negated, cannot be used for synchro material.
Also... look up dragunities.
They are an archetype built to grab 1 level 8 synchro or level 6 synchro per turn.
There are plenty of Archetypes here that can pull off a synchro each turn or two in PCG, but they do it through a combo of balanced effects, not one broken effect.

The first Synchro isn't that situational. Its just two cards in your hand. Not hard to do. The 2nd Synchro in the same turn, though, I admit, is a bit harder. But its not just Synchro Materials that this card can be abused by. What if you Special Summoned Sergeant in one turn, then just Tributed the Monsters you SS with it to Summon something like an Elemental Emperor? (Level 8 forms of the Monarchs, but Summon cannot be negated and the effect is generally doubled or made stronger) What if you just use them as a card cost that you can just bring back again?

Canasian seems to agree with Discard 1, Summon 2 from Grave, effects negated, pay 1k LP. I don't see why you insist on having a card that gives you a free +2. No one really cares if its you net low ATK monsters. Its the fact that you can get these monsters to abuse in MANY NUMBERS of ways that breaks the card.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:24 pm

what about no effects negated?
and once per turn

Pm for a duel.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:17 am

Once per turn should have been on my previous post too, I forgot it.

No effects negated leads to massive damage in one turn. Lets summon 2 Plastic Soldiers and get 2 2300 beatsticks in one turn, WHILE getting a +2. If I control a spy, I get another 2000 ATK monster, and a 1000 ATK sergeant that can ALL attack directly. What's this...? 2300 + 2300 + 2000 + 1000 = 7600. You know how broken that is? And don't say "that's a situational combo", because it would be actually fairly easy and quick to set up if you know how to build a deck properly.

I did forget the Once Per turn...

Discard 1, Summon 2 from Grave, effects negated, pay 1k LP, Once per turn.

The fact that you are getting a card that summons 2 monsters in your GY is already huge. I'm trying to help you balance it out.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:16 am

Aleva wrote:getting a +2.
I'd like for you to point out the +2 in discard 1, summon 2.
They're completely useless without the effects. And yes, it is situational to happen to have spy and sergeant on the field, and 2 soldiers in grave.
What about this:
Lv. 5
2100 ATK
Once per turn, you can special summon 1 "Plastic" monster from your graveyard

Pm for a duel.