Card Set: Rise of the Technodrome![ROTD]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission:Rise of the Technodrome![ROTD](finis

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:49 am

Dude, if you want to have a Tier 1 archetype, you don't make them a mediocre set of cards and then break them with one new card. You make each monster able to hold its ground and through team play, make it a good archetype. Archetypes that flourish because of one broken card helping them are stupid. Like Plants with Lonefire; without it, they're pretty decent with it. Then when Lonefire gets banned in PCG like it should be in TCG, Plants plummet to hell. That's not what an archetype is about.

And
DoomMoose wrote:
Aleva wrote:getting a +2.
I'd like for you to point out the +2 in discard 1, summon 2.
Your own suggestion had no discard 1, so therefore, Special Summoning two from GY is +2, is it not?

As for your new suggestion.

I don't think so either. A once per turn free Special Summon for nothing? Not to mention, Plastic Sergeant Swarm? Just no. Seriously, try and actually BALANCE something. Do you see anyone else making cards that give a +1 each turn with NO costs or conditions whatsoever? Of course not.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 am

Sorry, meant to have discard 1 on the effect I posted before.

If you honestly think that rez 1 per turn lv. 5 is broken, Look up faultroll. Seriously that is NOT broken. In fact it's been done in quote a few places just usually as geminis, or, you know, broken, like faultroll. And a sergeant swarm would be so much set-up, every once in a while you might manage to have 1 in the graveyard and 1 on the field and end up with 2 out. Even WITH this sergeant they are gonna need some serious buffing up in a future set for them to be powerful.
Would you at least be satisfied with 4 or lower?

Pm for a duel.
DMG: DoomMoose
YVD: DoomMoose

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:03 am

Alright...

a) Faultroll is a TCG card that would get banned the minute it arrived in PCG if anyone was actually playing when it came out.

b) Faultroll cannot be Normal Summoned or Set, and is limited to Level 4 or lower.

c) You can try Level 4 or lower, but I can promise you that as soon as you make more Plastic supports that turns them into a promising archetype, this Sergeant will be hit in some way. Guaranteed. The PCG is for the most part, slower than the TCG.

So to answer your question, yes, I would be satisfied with Level 4 or lower, but I will be coming back to it when Plastics get more supports and monsters.

And, it'd be great if you could contribute to other sets too.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:12 am

K, so we are FINALLY done with this set...

Edit: Sergeant is now edited.

Pm for a duel.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:52 am

Drop the Submission and the (finished) once Mystic gets this added. And btw, you can't really criticize Mystic's OCG when yours isn't perfect either. Its mainly capital letters, but yeah..... I prefer Mystic's mistakes to yours, I don't mind as long as the effect looks clear and is readable... but for some reason, I hate having missing capital letters...

Just so you know all...

Deck
Graveyard
Normal Summon
Special Summon
Flip Summon
____ Phase
___-Type
Life Points
Attribute (whole word is capitalized)

use Capital Letters, and I probably missed some...

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by DoomMoose » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Aleva wrote:Drop the Submission and the (finished) once Mystic gets this added. And btw, you can't really criticize Mystic's OCG when yours isn't perfect either. Its mainly capital letters, but yeah..... I prefer Mystic's mistakes to yours, I don't mind as long as the effect looks clear and is readable... but for some reason, I hate having missing capital letters...

Just so you know all...

Deck
Graveyard
Normal Summon
Special Summon
Flip Summon
____ Phase
___-Type
Life Points
Attribute (whole word is capitalized)

use Capital Letters, and I probably missed some...
You know I noticed that on the angel monsters but I figured no one would mind. It
Pretty sure I capitalized most of them correctly (In fact everything but the types...) but I ctrl + f'd it all just in case I was wrong.
Edit: Only fixed the formated cards, because, quite frankly, they're the only ones that matter at this point.

Pm for a duel.