Card Set: Dark Genius [TDA]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Card Set: Dark Genius [TDA]

Post by Akirus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:37 am

Cover Card

Card Name: Akagi
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: DARK
Type: Spellcaster
Level:4
ATK/DEF: 1700/1300
Card Text: This card is unaffected by card effects on the field, in your hand, Deck or Graveyard, except the effect of "Akagi". This card cannot be used for a discard cost and cannot be Tributed or used as a Synchro Material Monster. When this card is Summoned, your opponent can Special Summon as many monsters from their deck as possible. Once per turn, your opponent can Special Summon 1 monster from their hand, Deck, Graveyard, or 1 of their monsters that has been removed from play, ignoring Summoning conditions. This effect cannot be chained to. When your opponent activates a card effect, the activation of that effect is negated and your opponent's card is removed from play. There can only be 1 face-up "Akagi" on the field.

Spells

Card Name: The Genius Who Descended Into The Darkness
Card Type: Spell
Card Text: Shuffle your deck. Pick up cards from your deck until you draw "Akagi", then return all drawn cards to the bottom of your deck or remove them from play. Inflict 500 damage to your Life Points for each card picked up by this effect. This card and its effects are unaffected by card effects (other than this card).

Card Name: Blood of Ash
Card Text: Pay 2000 Life Points and select 1 monster on your side of the field. It cannot be removed from the field until the end of your next turn.

Card Name: The True Pariah
Card Text: You can only activate this card if both players control exactly 1 monster each. Destroy your opponent's monster.

Text was errata'd and updated on 16/7/09.

Card Name: Strong-Handed Dealing
Card Text: Select 1 Spell or Trap Card from your hand and activate its effect, then discard that card OR Select 1 monster from your hand and Special Summon that monster, ignoring the Summoning conditions. Look at your opponent's hand and the top card of their Deck. If one of them is the same card type as the card selected by this card's effect, remove from play all cards in your hand and Graveyard.

Card Name: Force of Coincidence
Card Type: Spell/Quick-Play
Card Text: Card Text: You can only activate this card when there are 5 monsters on your opponent's side of the field, 1 monster on your side of the field, 1 Set Spell or Trap Card on the field and at least 3 cards in each players' hand. Activate 1 of the following effects:
•Destroy all cards on the field.
•Your opponent discards all cards in their hand.
•Draw 3 cards.

Card Name: Gambit of the Insane
Card Type: Spell/Continuous
Card Text: Reduce the original ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field to 1500. If damage is inflicted to your Life Points, reduce your Life Points to 1 and destroy this card.

Card Type: The Genius' Intuition
Card Type: Spell/Continuous
Card Text: If "Akagi" is not face-up on your side of the field, destroy this card. Your opponent must play with their hand revealed.

Traps

Card Name: Unlimited Capacity
Card Type: Trap
Card Text: You can only activate this card during the Draw Phase when your Life Points are less than 2000 and your opponent has 5 monsters on their side of the field. Instead of drawing, select 1 Spell or Trap card from your deck and add it to your hand.

Card Name: Bloody Destiny
Card Text: Destroy 1 monster on your side of the field. During this turn, you can change the result of 1 coin toss or die roll.

Card Name: Calm Judgment
Card Type: Trap/Counter
Card Text: You can only activate this card while your opponent controls 3 or more monsters on their side of the field and you control only 1 monster on your side of the field. Destroy all monsters in face-up Attack Position and negate all unresolved effects in the chain. Then declare a card type and look at the top card of your opponent's deck. If you call it wrong, your opponent can Special Summon as many monsters from their Graveyard as possible.

Card Name: Flow Reversal
Card Text: Activate this card while you have less Life Points than your opponent, less cards in your hand than your opponent and more cards in your Graveyard than your opponent. Draw cards until you have 1 more card than your opponent.
The monster card is based on an anime. The support cards are based around his attributes. Note not all supports are made to support Akagi.
Last edited by Akirus on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:30 am, edited 22 times in total.

schyshter
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission: Dark Genius [TDA]

Post by schyshter » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Akirus wrote:Card Name: Akagi
Card Text: If this card is Summoned, your opponent can Special Summon as many monsters from their deck as possible. If your opponent activates a Spell, Trap or Monster effect, negate the activation of the card and remove it from play. This card is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Effect Monsters' effects.

Card Text: When this card is Summoned, your opponent can Special Summon as many monsters from their deck as possible. When your opponent activates a card effect, the activation of that effect is negated and your opponent's card is removed from play. This card is unaffected by card effects.

wow. i'm surprised that no-one commented on this dewd. he's OPed, and very much so. compare him to LADD, a card that was semid on the previous list...

Card Name: Force of Coincidence
Card Type: Spell/Quick-Play
Card Text: You can only activate this card when there are 5 monsters on your opponent's side of the field, 1 monster on your side of the field, 1 face-down Spell or Trap cards on the field and at least 3 cards in each players' hand. Activate 1 of the following effects:
•Destroy all cards on your opponent's side of the field.
•Your opponent discards all cards in their hand.
•Draw 3 cards.

Card Text: You can only activate this card when there are 5 monsters on your opponent's side of the field, 1 monster on your side of the field, 1 Set Spell or Trap Card on the field and at least 3 cards in each players' hand. Activate 1 of the following effects:
•Destroy cards on your opponent's side of the field until your opponent controls 1 card.
•Your opponent discards 2 cards.
•Draw 2 cards.

PM me for a YVD Duel
"I'm the illest n*gga alive, watch me prove it
I snatch your crown witcha head still attatched to it"

-Canibus

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:02 am

Damn, where have you been Schy? Nice to see you back around.

Akagi's effect may be similar to LADD, but unlike the former semi'd dragon Akagi can easily be killed because he has only 1700 ATK. Well, I see how he can be OP with certain combos so I'm very open to discussion for this.

For starters:

Card Text: When this card is Summoned, your opponent can Special Summon as many monsters from their deck as possible. When your opponent activates a card effect, the activation of that effect is negated and your opponent's card is removed from play. This card is unaffected by card effects on the field, in your hand, deck or Graveyard. This card cannot be used for a discard cost. There can only be 1 face-up "Akagi" on the field.

Does this work for Force of Coincidence?

Card Text: You can only activate this card when there are 5 monsters on your opponent's side of the field, 1 monster on your side of the field, 1 Set Spell or Trap Card on the field and at least 3 cards in each players' hand. Activate 1 of the following effects:
•Draw 2 cards.

Changing this card because I realized how pointless it would be otherwise:

Card Text: You can only activate this card if both players control 1 monster. Destroy your opponent's monster.

New card:

Card Name: Bloody Destiny
Card Text: Destroy 1 monster on your side of the field. During this turn, you can change the result of 1 coin toss or die roll.

(needs an OCG fix/check)

schyshter
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by schyshter » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:02 am

Akirus wrote:Damn, where have you been Schy? Nice to see you back around.

Akagi's effect may be similar to LADD, but unlike the former semi'd dragon Akagi can easily be killed because he has only 1700 ATK. Well, I see how he can be OP with certain combos so I'm very open to discussion for this.

For starters:

Card Text: When this card is Summoned, your opponent can Special Summon as many monsters from their deck as possible. When your opponent activates a card effect, the activation of that effect is negated and your opponent's card is removed from play. This card is unaffected by card effects on the field, in your hand, deck or Graveyard. This card cannot be used for a discard cost. There can only be 1 face-up "Akagi" on the field.

i won't say he can be killed easily, since the only way that can happen is by battle or if his summon is negated. BURDEN and GARDEN can keep him safe, to name but 2 cards...

the last 2 effects are pointless since "Akagi" is unaffected by effects. this means another "Akagi" or even his own effects can't stop him...

honestly, i don't know how to nerf this guy without him losing his "personality"...

Does this work for Force of Coincidence?

•Draw 2 cards.

the draw and discards are fine. the destruction part gets rid of at least 5 of your opponent's cards, and if you have "Akagi", you lose only 1 card - not even that if your opponent is the guy with the set card...

Changing this card because I realized how pointless it would be otherwise:

Card Text: You can only activate this card if both players control 1 monster. Destroy your opponent's monster.

at least 1, or only 1...?
PM me for a YVD Duel

-Canibus

schyshter
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by schyshter » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:46 am

Card Text: This card is unaffected by card effects on the field, in your hand, Deck or Graveyard, except the effect(s) of "Akagi". This card cannot be used for a discard cost and cannot be tributed or used as a Synchro Material Monster. Once per turn, your opponent can Special Summon 1 monster from their hand, Deck, Graveyard, or 1 of their monsters that has been removed from play, ignoring Summoning conditions. This effect cannot be chained to. When your opponent activates a card effect, the activation of that effect is negated and your opponent's card is removed from play. There can only be 1 face-up "Akagi" on the field.
PM me for a YVD Duel

-Canibus

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:08 am

Here's the reworked version after some time on IRC:

Card Text: This card is unaffected by card effects on the field, in your hand, Deck or Graveyard, except the effect of "Akagi". This card cannot be used for a discard cost and cannot be Tributed or used as a Synchro Material Monster. When this card is Summoned, your opponent can Special Summon as many monsters from their deck as possible. Once per turn, your opponent can Special Summon 1 monster from their hand, Deck, Graveyard, or 1 of their monsters that has been removed from play, ignoring Summoning conditions. This effect cannot be chained to. When your opponent activates a card effect, the activation of that effect is negated and your opponent's card is removed from play. There can only be 1 face-up "Akagi" on the field.

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:23 pm

Card Text: Shuffle your deck. Draw cards from your deck until you draw "Akagi", then return all drawn cards to the bottom of your deck or remove them from play. Inflict 500 damage to your Life Points for each card drawn by this effect. This card and its effects are unaffected by card effects (other than this card).

Fun idea I came up with, extremely risky and therefore fitting the theme.

Card Text: Activate a Spell or Trap card or Special Summon 1 monster from your hand (ignoring the Summoning conditions). Look at your opponent's hand and the top card of his deck. If one of them is the same card type as the card selected by this card's effect, remove from play all cards in your hand and Graveyard.

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Re: Card Set Submission: Dark Genius [TDA] - finalized

Post by EvilGod10 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:16 am

Broken much?
Card Text: Shuffle your deck. Draw cards from your deck until you draw "Akagi", then return all drawn cards to the bottom of your deck or remove them from play. Inflict 500 damage to your Life Points for each card drawn by this effect. This card and its effects are unaffected by card effects (other than this card).

You can easily OTK with that effect.
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

calamitymkii
Super Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission: Dark Genius [TDA] - finalized

Post by calamitymkii » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:20 am

Did you actually read the card text in detail?

Its says:

Inflict 500 damage to your Life Points for each card drawn by this effect

its easy to OTK with this card, otking yourself that is :/

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set: Dark Genius [TDA]

Post by Aleva » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:49 am

Card Text: Select 1 Spell or Trap Card from your hand and activate its effect, then discard that card OR Select 1 monster from your hand and Special Summon 1 that monster, ignoring the Summoning conditions. Look at your opponent's hand and the top card of their Deck. If one of them is the same card type as the card selected by this card's effect, remove from play all cards in your hand and Graveyard.
Typo there. I think you need to fix that.