Infestation Awaits - A Guide to Verz

Check out these very helpful guides, written by YCG Forum's very own members.
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Infestation Awaits - A Guide to Verz

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:57 am

Overview
Verz, otherwise known as Evilswarm, otherwise known as Lswarm are a series of dark attribute monsters who first appeared in the Duel Terminals. Verz monsters are believed to be the "corrupt" version of other cards that appear in Duel Terminal. One of the best features on the Verz cards is that they have 50 more attack then their "non-corrupt" version, this small boost can be game changing, as now your opponent's Shi En can't get over your Ophion. In the TCG, Verz are being released in Hidden Arsenal 7 along with other amazing cards.
Spoiler:
FLIP: Target 1 Special Summoned monster on the field; shuffle that target into the Deck.
Takes to long to set up. There are much better cards in this archetype that you will soon see.

Run 0

During the turn this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "lswarm" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)
Before this card was errata'd it was insane. Still an amazing card. This will be the main card of your deck as it will basically allow you to Xyz as soon as it is put on the field.

Run 3

Cannot be Special Summoned. When this card leaves the field because of your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; take control of that target until your next End Phase.
Useless

Run 0

FLIP: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; return that target to the hand.
Compulsory Evacuation Device does this cards job much better.

Run 0

Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher non-DARK monster on the field; destroy that target.
This card can be fun. It has a decent effect. I wouldn't run it in competitive play though.

Run 0

.ytilaer a maerd rieht ekam thgim yeht taht os ydob a rof gninraey ,sluos mrawsleetS gniregnil fo sthguoht eht era esehT "!etanimretxE !etacidarE !etanimilE"
Yes you're not on drugs, the card text is meant to be like that. This card has amazing attack and being a normal monster, it allows you to play Rabbit.

Run 3 in Rabbit Builds

You can Tribute this card to target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy that target.
If you didn't have to tribute the card, it would be a lot better. Even then I probably wouldn't even run it.

Run 0

If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
This little guy is great. Another easy way to get your Xyz cards out.

Run 3

You can Tribute this card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy that target.
Not a bad card. I have seen people play this at 1. Personally, I don't really like it though.

Run 0-1

Up to twice per turn: You can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard; this card gains 300 ATK until your opponent's next End Phase.
This card can become huge! The banishing can help in some cases. I have pulled off great combos with this card and using something like Leviair to bring them back. Also being a Dinosaur means that you can Xyz into Laggia/Dolkka. If you're running a Verz Rabbit build with Sabersaurus, I would use this card.

Run 1-2

During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated (except during the Damage Step): You can banish this card you control. During your next Standby Phase, return this card banished by this effect to the field, and if you do, it gains 300 ATK. You can only use the effect of "Evilswarm Thunderbird" once per turn.
Amazing card. Not sure why it was errata'd though. It's basically a Wind-Up Rabbit but better as it can survive in battle.

Run 2

When this face-up card on the field is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 face-up Special Summoned Level 5 or higher monster on the field; destroy that target.
Another bad card.

Run 0

After damage calculation, if this card battles a monster: Negate the effects of that monster (including in the Graveyard).
Interesting effect. I can really see this cards uses. High defense means its not going to die for a while, and the low attack means you can just keep it in your hand until you want somethings effect gone, then just summon it and ram into the monster.

Run 0

You can banish 1 "lswarm" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "lswarm" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Evilswarm Kerykeion" once per turn. Once per turn, if that effect was activated this turn: You can Normal Summon 1 "lswarm" monster, as an additional Normal Summon. If this card is in your Graveyard because it was sent there this turn, you can Normal Summon 1 "lswarm" monster with 1 less Tribute than required. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)
Another amazing card. This card recycles and helps you swarm Xyz. Late game this card can be brutal. He is also your main target with Infestation Infection.

Run 3
Spoiler:
2 Level 4 DARK monsters
When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; change that Special Summoned monster(s) to face-down Defense Position.
Nightmare is a terribly underrated card. So many times have I summoned him and my opponent doesn't know how to get rid of it. It's extremely useful at slowing your opponent down.

Run 1

2 Level 4 DARK monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this face-up card is unaffected by other monster effects this turn.
A bit situational but a good card none the less. If you have the room run it.

Run 1

2 Level 4 "lswarm" monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; discard 1 "lswarm" monster, and if you do, take control of that opponent's monster.
Amazing effect even if the cost is a bit hefty. This card can really change who is in control of the game.

Run 1

2 Level 4 "lswarm" monsters
While this card has Xyz Material, Level 5 or higher monsters cannot be Special Summoned. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 "Infestation" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.
Another amazing card. This single card can completely destroy entire decks. The only problem is trying to keep him alive. This will be your main target when you go into your Extra deck.

Run 2-3

3 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1 of these effects. Each effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.
● Target 1 card your opponent controls; return that target to the hand.
● Send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard.
● Target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish that target.
Another great card. Really high stats and great effects. Kerykeion makes this card really easy to get out.

Run 1
Spoiler:
Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "lswarm" monster from your hand or face-up on your field into the Deck; add 1 "lswarm" monster from your Deck to your hand.
Great card. Use it to swap Heliothrope's or anything you don't need for something else (Usually Kerykeion). You can even use it to dodge cards such as Mirror Force or Bottomless Trap Hole.

Run 1

All face-up "lswarm" monsters you currently control are unaffected by other Spell/Trap effects this turn.
Amazing card. A Forbidden Lance for your entire field! There really isn't that much to say about this card, it's just amazing.

Run 2-3

Target 1 "lswarm" monster you control and 2 cards your opponent controls; banish the first target, and if you do, return the second targets to the hand.
This card is alright. I don't like the effect of banishing your own monster though.

Run 0-1
Spoiler:
Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. You can banish this face-up card you control; Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower Normal Monsters with the same name from your Deck. Destroy them during the End Phase. You can only use the effect of "Rescue Rabbit" once per turn.
This little broken bunny makes you win games.

Run 1 as that's all you can run.

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having exactly 3 DARK monsters in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.
Dark Armed Dragon is tricky. Some like running it, some don't. Personally, I don't run it any more. It's just a dead draw most of the time.

Run 0-1

Add 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.
Adds Castor to your hand.

Run 1

Draw 2 cards, then banish 1 DARK monster from your hand, or, if you don't have any in your hand, send all cards in your hand to the Graveyard.
Draw power is always nice.

Run 1

Banish 2 DARK monsters from your Graveyard; add 1 Level 4 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand.
Don't really like the effect of banishing the monsters as now Kerykeion can't touch them, but the adding effect is alright.

Run 0-2

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card you control, except this card; while this card is face-up on the field, that card(s) cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed, you can send one of its targets to the Graveyard instead.
A great card for Verz decks. All your monsters are DARK so of course you can easily summon him. His main job is to protect Ophion. This card also creates the Safe Zone Lock

Run 1

Target 1 face-up monster on the field; until the End Phase, that target loses 600 ATK, but it cannot be targeted or destroyed by other card effects.
A really great card for protecting Ophion from effects such as Blaster or Bear.

Run 2-3

Activate by selecting 1 face-up Attack Position monster. That monster cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects, or be destroyed by battle. It cannot attack your opponent directly. When this card is removed from the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is removed from the field, destroy this card.
Another great card for protecting Ophion. The only problem is if they hit it with MST then Ophion dies. A tricky card to use, but the rewards can be great.

Run 2-3
Spoiler:
Lithium's Verz deck

Monsters: 19
2 Effect Veiler
3 Evilswarm Heliotrope
3 Evilswarm Castor
3 Evilswarm Kerykeion
3 Evilswarm Mandragora
2 Evilswarm Thunderbird
2 Maxx ”c”
1 Rescue Rabbit

Spells: 8
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
2 Forbidden Dress
2 Infestation Pandemic
1 Reinforcement of the Army

Traps: 13
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
2 Fiendish Chain
2 Infestation Infection
2 Mirror Force
2 Safe Zone
1 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra: 15
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Evilswarm Bahamut
3 Evilswarm Ophion
1 Evilswarm Ouroboros
1 Evilswarm Thanatos
1 Evilswarm Nightmare
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1 Number 66: Master Key Beetle
Lithium's Dinoverz deck

Monsters: 18
3 Evilswarm Castor
3 Evilswarm Kerykeion
2 Evilswarm Mandragora
2 Evilswarm Salamandra
3 Evilswarm Thunderbird
3 Jurrac Guaiba
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld

Spells: 11
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Dark Hole
2 Forbidden Dress
3 Fossil Dig
3 Infestation Pandemic
1 Reinforcement of the Army

Traps: 11
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
3 Fiendish Chain
1 Infestation Infection
2 Safe Zone
1 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra: 15
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Evilswarm Bahamut
2 Evilswarm Ophion
1 Evilswarm Ouroboros
1 Evilswarm Thanatos
1 Evolzar Dolkka
1 Evolzar Laggia
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1 Number 66: Master Key Beetle
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
Credits
Phazed - Really liked the way your guide was set out so I had your guide in mind while I was building this.
Lithium - For supplying his decks.
Last edited by XYZ Dragon Cannon on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
X X

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Re: Infestation Awaits - A Guide to Verz

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:59 am

Still need to add a bit more and make it look all pretty.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, i'm accepting decklists if you want it to be in the guide.
X X

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 am

Looks great to me :D Did you do it all in one sitting?
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 am

Yeah, figured I may as well seeing as it's one of the few archetypes that I actually know a lot about.
X X

Dark Jolteon
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dark Jolteon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:10 am

Creeping Darkness is worse than the infestation trap unless you are running a certain engine like Hanzo in mine
I think think compulsories and maybe macro is staple
Ophion loses out to monster effects and xyzs (double tapping isn't as common)
Worst match-up imo is monarchs
DN: MetaFox
Wink;) wrote:Dark Jolteon,

I officially grant you the title of "Super Pro Cool-Guy at Yugioh"
Rise now as a Servant of the Realm

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:30 am

Spoiler:
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:37 am

Thanks! You've got a great guide here :D

Would you mind adding in some trivia like how they are regular monsters that have been infected? The story is really interesting and I want everyone to read it :)
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:45 am

Phazed wrote:Thanks! You've got a great guide here :D

Would you mind adding in some trivia like how they are regular monsters that have been infected? The story is really interesting and I want everyone to read it :)
Thank you. I did mention in the Overview how they are corrupt versions, but if you want to type something out, I will happily add it in.
dracostrike wrote:
Spoiler:
Can't view the image, but could you write out a deck list please?
Dark Jolteon wrote:Creeping Darkness is worse than the infestation trap unless you are running a certain engine like Hanzo in mine
Not really sure how Compuls and Macro are staple, so can you elaborate please?

You could post some of your thoughts on the Ninja build and I can add them in.
X X

antsy8
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by antsy8 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:11 am

Yeah you so would use Shi En as an example. Don't hate on the sam master, or imma go to your house and just stare you down all day.
Image___________
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
dedoombringer wrote:Doomster is when I "hulk" up and crush dragons.
Feel free to duel me on DN, name: antsyo

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 am

It was the first monster with 2500 attack that came to mind.
X X

Dark Jolteon
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dark Jolteon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:41 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
Dark Jolteon wrote:Creeping Darkness is worse than the infestation trap unless you are running a certain engine like Hanzo in mine

People will try beat their way through ophion with exceeds where compulse bounces them
Macro would cover bad match-ups but its a preference like with dino rabbit
DN: MetaFox
Wink;) wrote:Dark Jolteon,

I officially grant you the title of "Super Pro Cool-Guy at Yugioh"
Rise now as a Servant of the Realm

antsy8
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by antsy8 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:It was the first monster with 2500 attack that came to mind.
I wonder why, he loves to troll you :P
Image___________
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
dedoombringer wrote:Doomster is when I "hulk" up and crush dragons.
Feel free to duel me on DN, name: antsyo

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:14 am

Dark Jolteon wrote:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:

People will try beat their way through ophion with exceeds where compulse bounces them
Macro would cover bad match-ups but its a preference like with dino rabbit
I do agree with Compuls, but I still don't really see the point in Macro.

I would also greatly appreciate it if you could cover the Ninja cards so I can add them to the guide.
X X

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 am

My Macro Verz-Dinos :) Ignore the side, it's from another deck
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:07 am

Your chaos and dino verz both have sangan, dont see how everyone missed that. Good though lil buddy