Masked Avengers Protecting the Peace! A Guide to Masked HEROes

Check out these very helpful guides, written by YCG Forum's very own members.
Windsofthepast
Secret Rare Duelist

Masked Avengers Protecting the Peace! A Guide to Masked HEROes

Post by Windsofthepast » Sun May 03, 2015 10:39 pm

== 0.Table of Contents==
[/b]
0. Table of Contents
I. Introduction and Overview
-- i. Introduction
-- ii. Overview
--iii. Manga VS TCG/OCG
II. Trvia
--i. Design
--ii. Card Trivia
III. Monsters
--i. Manga Exclusive Masked HEROes
--ii. TCG/OCG Masked HEROes
IV. Spells
--i. Manga Exclusive Masked HERO Support Spells
--ii. TCG/OCG Masked HERO Support Spells
V. Traps
--i. Manga Exclusive Masked HERO Support Traps
VI. Additional Cards
--i. Additional Monsters
----a. HEROes - Main Deck
------1. Elemental HEROes
------2. Destiny HEROes
----b. HEROes - Fusions
------1. Elemental HERO Fusions
------2. Other HERO Fusions
----c. Other Monsters - Main Deck
----d. Other Monsters - XYZ Monsters
----e. Other Monsters - Fusion Monsters
--ii. Additional Spells
----a. Elemental HERO Spells
----b. Other Spells
--iii. Additional Traps
VII. Basic Deck Skeletons
VIII. Credits

==I. Introduction and Overview==
[/b]
i. Introduction
Hello guys, it's been a while since I've done a guide of some sort, hasn't it? Well, for starters I'd like to briefly thank anyone who takes the time to read and give feedback, it means a lot. Masked HEROes have always been a fun deck for me, even back before they got their most recent support; I often found myself attempting to find ways to splash in Dian and even Acid into decks back when I frequently played things like HERO Beat and HERO Gate for surprise factor. This continued on until the unfortunate, but just, banning of Elemental HERO Stratos, effectively killing off most variations of HEROes. It wasn't until January 2015 that the TCG was given another hope for HEROes in the form of Elemental HERO Shadow Mist, and her accompanying warriors in arms, the Masked HEROes!
ii. Overview
Masked HERO is a sub-archetype of "HERO" cards used by everyone's favourite fusion user, Jaden Yuki in the Yugioh GX manga. He began using this variation of HEROes after he dueled with Kaiser and decided to build an "all-his Deck," as the "Elemental HERO" deck he used previously had belonged to Koyo Hibiki. In the Manga, Masked HEROes were able to make use of a unique summoning known as Transformation Summons, a method of Fusion Summoning requiring only one monster and one spell.
iv. Manga VS TCG/OCG
Alas, as this archetype originally made it's debut in the GX manga, there are a number of cards that are still manga exclusive. There are a number of reasons for this, however, the biggest being that in the manga the Masked HEROes were there own stand-alone group, as were every other HERO group, and not technically treated as individual sub groups as they are in the TCG/OCG. As a result of this, Masked HEROes in the manga needed to exist in both the main and extra decks in order for the deck to function. There are six Masked HERO Normal monsters, one of each element, that can use the powers of change spells to become stronger, fusions Masked HEROes. While it is unlikely we will ever see these monsters as actual cards, this guide will cover them in the relating monster section below (see section IV, subsection i). There are also a few spells and traps to support the archetype that may never become cards as well, they will be covered in their corresponding sections as well (see section V, subsection i for spells and section VI, subsection i for traps)

==II. Trivia==
[/b]
i. Design
Unlike the "Elemental HEROes" that are based off of American superheroes, the Masked HEROes can be presumed to be based off of the Japanese Kamen Rider heroes. A key similarity between the two is the fact that "Kamen" translates to "Masked;" this aside, however, there are a number of other similarities between the two, such as form changing and Double Attacks (currently manga exclusive).
ii. Card Trivia
Each Masked HERO has some similarities to them that make them closely resemble characters from various Kamen Rider series. Some Masked HEROes, such as Vapor and Goka, also have their attribute's Kanji written on their belt. Below is a bit of trivia on each TCG/OCG version of the Masked HEROes.
Spoiler:
This card bears a strong resemblance to both Kamen Rider Ibuki and Kamen Rider Diend from the Kamen Rider Hibiki and Decade series respectively.
Spoiler:
Anki is most likely to have been based off of Kamen Rider Hibiki.
Spoiler:
This card resembles Orphnochs and the Fangires from Kamen Rider Kiva. This card also has a striking resemblence to Chinomanako's Kamen Rider Diend form from Kamen Rider Decade/Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Team-Up.

This card's pose is taken from the the panel in which he is summoned in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Chapter 56.
Spoiler:
Dian is the first, and currently only, female Masked HERO Monster. She is also one of the few female HEROes in general.

This card is based on Kamen Rider Femme from Kamen Rider Ryuki. It is slightly ironic, however, considering that Femme was not one of the stronger Kamen Riders, and yet Dian is tied with Anki as the strongest Masked HERO.
Spoiler:
This card's OCG name, Masked HERO Kamikaze, most literally translates to "Wind of God," "Sprite Wind," and "Divine Wind."

Divine Wind's mask can be seen in the artwork of Mask Change II

This card's TCG/OCG version has the effect of the manga exclusive trap card, Emergency Bulkhead tacked on to it. This trap prevents monsters you control from being destroyed by battle, and makes it so your opponent can only attack with one monster that turn.
Spoiler:
This card closely resembles Kamen Rider Agito Burning Form or Kamen Rider Kuuga Might Form, both from the Kamen Rider Agito series.

Goka's belt has the symbol of fire on it.
Spoiler:
Koga's mask appears in the artwork of Mask Change II
Spoiler:
This card closely resembles Kamen Rider Kuuga's Rising Dragon form, or Agito's Storm form. This card could also have been inspired by Kamen Rider Den-O's Rod Form.

Vapor's belt shows the symbol of water on it.

Vapor looks as if it could be Elemental HERO Ocean wearing full body Armour.
Spoiler:
The monster on this card's artwork is one of the manga exclusive monsters, Masked HERO Inferno, performing a Transformation Summon, likely into Masked HERO Goka.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The artwork for Mask Change II has the masks of Dian, Acid, Koga, and Divine Wind showing from left to right, as well as two different masks behind the warrior in the artwork that likely belong to Goka and either Dark Law or Anki.
Spoiler:
The artwork of Form Change has parts of Dark Law's Armour coming off/going on an unidentifiable body.
Spoiler:
The mask shown in this card belongs to that of Masked HERO Inferno.
==III. Monsters==
[/b]
i. Manga Exclusive Masked HEROes
As stated prior, the MASKED HEROes in the manga functioned different than they do in the TCG/OCG, acting as their own archtype, instead of support for the HERO them overall. However, as Masked HEROes in general are very fascinating to me, I will be including what little is known about the manga exclusive normal Masked HEROes in this section.
Spoiler:
Masked HERO Bassols
:star: :star: :star:
:earth: Warrior?
1000/700
[spoiler]Image
Masked HERO Gust
:star: :star: :star: :star:
:wind: Warrior?
1500/1600
[spoiler]Image
Masked HERO Dusk Crow
:dark: Warrior?
1200/1000
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Fountain
:water: Warrior?
1000/1400
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Inferno
:fire: Warrior?
1600/1000
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Ray
:light: Warrior?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler][/spoiler]
ii. TCG/OCG Masked HEROes
Where the manga and TCG/OCG differ is the Masked HERO Fusion monsters and how they are brought out. While in the Manga you required a change spell and a Masked HERO of the correct attribute, the TCG/OCG require simply just a HERO Monster (or any monster in the case of Mask Change II) of the right attribute in order to summon.
Spoiler:
Masked HERO Acid
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
:water: Warrior
2600/2100
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls, and if you do, all monsters they control lose 300 ATK.
----
Acid is arguably one of the better Masked HEROes for dealing with backrow heavy decks. He's a water target, so that if he hits the grave, or after he's on the field, you can use him to make Absolute Zero if necessary. Run 1 - 2 based off of preference.
[spoiler]Image
Masked HERO Anki
:dark: Warrior
2800/1200
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card can attack your opponent directly, but when it does so using this effect, the battle damage inflicted to your opponent is halved. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Masked HERO Anki" once per turn.
----
Anki allows for some pretty nutty plays, and can sometimes steal you a duel by bypassing all of your opponent's defenses and attacking directly. However, as his effect is only once per turn, he is not as useful as some of the other Masked HEROes. Run 0 - 2 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Blast
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
:wind: Warrior
2200/1800
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; its ATK becomes half its current ATK. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can pay 500 LP, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; return it to the hand.
----
There isn't much to say for Blast as there isn't much going for him. The only valid Mask Change target is Avian, and your Form Changes are better of spent going into your level 8 Masked HEROes instaed of this guy. Has potential for cool combos, but ultimately they fall short to what the deck wants to do. Why do the cool looking ones always suck. Run 0 - 1 based off of preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Dark Law
2400/1800
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Any card sent to your opponent's Graveyard is banished instead. Once per turn, if your opponent adds a card(s) from their Deck to their hand (except during the Draw Phase or the Damage Step): You can banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand.
----
It used to be that people told you that Dark Law.dek was the way to go, and then Anki came around and change it up slightly, and then Elemental HERO Blazeman came and further mixed things up. Most people still think Dark Law is the way to go with Masked HEROes, so you'll often hear the same thing about him. Run 1 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Dian
:earth: Warrior
2800/3000
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "HERO" monster from your Deck.
----
Personally this is my second favorite Masked HERO next to Divine Wind. The ability to attack over an opponent's monster and then potentially Special Summon Elemental HERO Shadow Mist to further your plays is really good. I've heard a number of people tell you that you don't need to play this card because the only acceptable HERO target is WildHeart, but as far as I'm concerned the pros outway the cons, especially since you can Form Change into this girl. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Divine Wind
2700/1900
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be destroyed by battle. Your opponent can attack with only 1 monster during each Battle Phase. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can draw 1 card.
----
As stated above, Divine Wind is my favorite Masked HERO, and second favorite HERO in general, falling just shyly behind Nova Master because of his sick art. Divine Wind offers a lot more to the HERO strategy than Nova Master, however, preventing your opponent's monster's from all attacking, protecting itself from destructing in battle, and netting you a draw when you destroy an opponent's monster by battle and send it to the graveyard. Alas, Divine Wind's greatest downside is the fact that it requires wind monsters to summon it; however, you can Form Change into it similarly to Dian. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Goka
:fire: Warrior
2200/1800
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 100 ATK for each "HERO" monster in your Graveyard.
----
Ah yes, Goka. One of the first two Masked HEROes released in actual card form. Alas, the fact that he requires a Fire monster makes getting him out pretty difficult. Add to that the fact that his effect and stats are rather lack luster and you'll quickly see why you shouldn't run multiples of this guy. However, with the introduction of Blazeman, this guy is slightly easier to get into. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Koga
:light: Warrior
2500/1800
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 500 ATK for each monster your opponent controls. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 1 "HERO" monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; that target loses ATK equal to the ATK of the monster banished to activate this effect.
----
A lot of people underestimate this guy because he offers nothing to the general HERO strategy, and potentially takes Shadow Mist's out of the grave which prevents you from special summoning. However, the fact that he gains 500 for each monster you opponent controls can quickly make him the strongest monster on the field. What's more, his effect can make it so that other monsters you control can get over even the biggest of beat sticks, depending on your graveyard. Oh, and it can be activated on either players turn, too. Run 1 - 2 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Masked HERO Vapor
2400/2000
Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.
----
One of the first two Masked HEROes released, alongside Goka, Vapor offers you immunity from destruction effects such as dark hole, mirror force, etc. However, his lack luster stats and weakness to destruction, and overall lacklusterness compared to that of Acid, makes it unwise to play this guy in most formats. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.

==IV. Spells==
[/b]
i. Manga Exclusive Masked HERO Support Spells
As the Masked HEROes functioned as their own independent group of monsters in the manga, they also had in their arsenal a large number of spells that supported them to make up for their less than normal fusion strengths. While the TCG/OCG cards that support Masked HEROes vary slightly in how they function in the manga compared to the actual card game, this section is going to focus solely on cards that exist only in the manga.
Spoiler:
Double Attack (Team Strike)
:spell:
Use two Masked HEROes to attack one monster. The ATK is the sum of the HEROes' ATKs.
[spoiler]Image
Mask Function 1
When there is a Masked HERO on your field, the effect of one of your opponent's monsters cannot be activated.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Moment Mask Change
:spell: :sQuick:
During battle, send 1 Masked HERO from your hand to the Graveyard. Transformation Summon 1 Level 8 MAsked HERO with the same Attribute as that Masked HERO.
ii. TCG/OCG Masked HERO Support Spells
These might be a bit more familiar to some of you compared to the previous support that we looked at. Anyway, these cards are what allow you to preform your fusion summons, or transformation summons, into your more powerful Masked HERO monsters.
Spoiler:
Form Change
Target 1 "HERO" Fusion Monster you control; return it to the Extra Deck, then Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Masked HERO" monster with the same Level as that monster's original Level, but with a different name. (This Special Summon is treated as a Special Summon with "Mask Change".)
----
At first glance it might be easy to look this card over. In fact, it's really easy to glance over if you're playing Dark Law.dek because the only other Level 6 Masked HEROes are lackluster soldiers, but with the introduction of Anki this card has become far more usable. When Anki attacks over a monster you'll be able to grab a copy of this card, change Anki into a Dian to special summon a Shadow Mist to continue your shenanigans, or an Acid to blow out your opponent's backrow. Run 0 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image
Mask Change
Target 1 "HERO" monster you control; send it to the Graveyard, also, after that, if it left the field by this effect, Special Summon 1 "Masked HERO" monster from your Extra Deck with the same Attribute that the sent monster had when it was on the field (its original Attribute, if face-down).
----
The bread and butter of Masked HERO decks. This allows you to turn any HERO monster into a Masked HERO of the same attribute. It's essential to get this card as quickly as possible so that you can start making your plays. Run 3.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Mask Change II
Discard 1 card, then target 1 face-up monster you control that has a Level; send it to the Graveyard, also, after that, if it left the field by this effect, Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Masked HERO" monster with the same Attribute, but a higher Level than, the Attribute/Level the monster had when it was on the field (its original Attribute/Level, if face-down. This Special Summon is treated as a Special Summon with "Mask Change"). You can only activate 1 "Mask Change II" per turn.
----
At first glance you might ask why is this different than Mask Change? To which I respond, you don't have to use HEROes in order to summon a Masked HERO with this card. This card is commonly used to turn Goblindberghs into Dians and Summoner Monks into Dark Law or even Anki. Of course there is a trade off to being able to transform anything; you have to discard a card from your hand in order to use this card, something not every deck can afford to do. Run 0 - 2 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Mask Charge
Target 1 "HERO" monster and 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card in your Graveyard; add them to your hand.
----
This card allows you to grab back two cards from your grave necessary to make more Masked HEROes, or to return a Masked HERO to the extra deck and grab a Form Change so that you can swap into that one. Is really great late game but can be dead early on, especially without Change Spells. Run 0 - 2 depending on preference.

==V. Trap==
[/b]
i. Manga Exclusive Masked HERO Support Traps
Alas, the only trap support Masked HEROes have is in the form of two manga exclusive traps, however, both are pretty decent for what the manga typically throws at characters.
Spoiler:
Damaged Masked
:trap:
Special Summon one Masked HERO from the Graveyard. It will be destroyed when the turn ends (It is worth noting that in the manga, none, if any, of the Masked HERO fusions had the summoning restriction on them that prevented them from being summoned by other ways).
[spoiler]Image
SOS
When a Masked HERO has been destroyed in battle, Special Summon one Masked HERO of Level 4 or below from your deck.

==VI. What now? Additional Cards, that's what==
[/b]

Well, now that we've got the Masked HERO cast all lined up, it's time to see who the supporting roles fall to. Note that, unlike the other sections of this which listed manga and TCG/OCG cards, this section will list only actual cards.
i. Additional Monsters
It might be difficult to figure out which monsters to put in your deck to allow you access to your Masked HERO Fusion monsters, but fret not! This section will help you decide what all to consider when assembling your monster lineup. For ease, this section has been divided into four subsections: HEROes - Main Deck, HEROes - Fusions, Other Monsters - Main Deck, and XYZ Monsters.

a. HEROes - Main Deck

Never fear, a HERO will always appear! This subsection contains HEROes you can consider playing in your main deck.

1. Elemental HEROes

As they are the easiest way to access the most of your Masked HEROes, most Masked HERO variations will be loaded with more Elemental HEROes than any other types of monsters.
Spoiler:
Elemental HERO Blazeman
1200/1800
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck to your hand. During your Main Phase: You can activate this effect; you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Fusion Monsters, also send 1 "Elemental HERO" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except "Elemental HERO Blazeman", and if you do, this card's Attribute, ATK, and DEF each become the same as the monster sent to the Graveyard, until the end of this turn. You can only use 1 "Elemental HERO Blazeman" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
----
Insert obligatory 420 blaze it joke here. Ahem. Anyway. Blazeman is the newest to the HERO line up offering you two different effects to choose from on the turn he's summoned: You can add a Polymerization from your deck to your hand, or send 1 Elemental HERO from your deck to the graveyard to copy it's stats and attribute. Why is this good you ask? Well, aside from grabbing you a free card in the form of polymerization, being able to turn him into any attribute means that drawing Blazeman allows you the ability to turn into any Masked HERO. Need Acid? Dump Bubbleman to the grave and become a water. Need Dark Law? Send Shadow Mist, search a card off her effect, and then transform into Dark Law. Though you have to be careful with his sending effect, as you are unable to special summon anything for the rest of the turn except for Fusion Monsters, shutting you out of XYZ, Synchro, and even special summoning Bubbleman. If you want to play a more fusion based variation of Masked HEROes this guy is your man. Run 1 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image
Elemental HERO Bubbleman
800/1200
If this is the only card in your hand, you can Special Summon it (from your hand). When this card is Summoned: You can draw 2 cards. You must control no other cards and have no cards in your hand to activate and to resolve this effect.
----
Bubbleman is key to the XYZ portion of your deck, able to be special summoned from your hand when you hold no other cards. In addition, he's your main man to get our Acid to clear out some backrow, and fodder for Absolute Zero once he's hit the grave. The problem with him is when you draw multiples as that can prevent you from special summoning either of them. Very rarely does one get his drawing effect off, but when you do, it can sometime pay off, but don't rely to much on it. Run 1 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Elemental HERO Ice Edge
800/900
When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent by a direct attack: You can target 1 Set card in your opponent's Spell & Trap Card Zone; destroy that target. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can discard 1 card; this card can attack your opponent directly this turn.
----
While not level four, and lacking in all departments in terms of strength and defence, Ice Edge's only strength is his ability to bypass an opponent's defence. What's more, when he deals damage by a direct attack, can destroy a set spell or trap card your opponent controls. In formats where backrow isn't as prevalent, instead of dedicating multiple spaces to cards like MST, this card can function almost the same, while also acting as a water target for Acid and Absolute Zero. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Elemental HERO Neos Alius
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
● This card's name becomes "Elemental HERO Neos" while it is on the field.

----
tl;dr: This card is a vanilla any time it's not in your deck, hand, or banished zone. And it's a beat stick. That's pretty much it. Unless you like to play Gemini Beat HEROes, which cause this guy is really useful alongside cards like Gemini Spark and Hero Blast. For Masked HEROes he is the most common target for summoning Koga. Run 0 - 3 based on preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
1000/1500
If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "HERO" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Elemental HERO Shadow Mist". You can only use 1 "Elemental HERO Shadow Mist" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
----
Shadow Mist is kind of the new Stratos of the deck, albeit a tad limited in searching abilities. That being said, she is the only real dark Elemental HERO to use to bring out Dark Law and Anki, and replaces herself when she hits the graveyard. She can also search out your change spells when special summoned, be it from the deck, graveyard, or banished, so she gets the deck going. Run 3.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Elemental HERO Voltic
:light: Thunder
When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 of your banished "Elemental HERO" monsters; Special Summon that target.
----
One of the few non-warrior Elemental HEROes and one of even fewer useful ones, Voltic has the unique ability to bring back Elemental HEROes that have been banished. Why is that useful? Because of cards like Miracle Fusion and Koga. Koga in particularly combos very well with this card as you can use Koga's effect to lower the attack of an opponent's monster enough so that Voltic can destroy it, and then special summon the very monster you just banished. However, his relatively weak attack is reason to not want to draw into him, and as such I wouldn't recommend maxing out on him, instead just opting to play enough that the only way you see him usually is by searching him out. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Elemental HERO Wildheart
1500/1600
This card is unaffected by Trap effects.
----
A pretty straight forward effect, and largely irrelevant, Wildheart's stats aren't anything to write home about anymore. However, he does allow you access to Masked HERO Dian, and is generally better than the other Earth Elemental HEROs (clayman having no attack and Bladedge requiring tributes). There's not really much else to say. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.

2. Destiny HEROes

However, Elemental HEROes aren't the only way to play Masked HEROes. As some of the strongest Masked HEROes fall into the dark attribute, it is possible to make use of Masked HEROes alongside the Destiny HEROes as well, and through use of Anki, Shadow Mist, and Form Change, access other Masked HEROes as necessary.
Spoiler:
Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude
1400/1600
Once per turn: You can reveal the top card of your Deck, and if it is a Normal Spell Card, send it to the Graveyard, otherwise place it on the bottom of your Deck. During the Main Phase of your next turn, you can activate the effect of that Spell Card in your Graveyard (even if you no longer control this face-up card).
----
While not very impressive in terms of attack or defense, Diamond Dude allows you to make the most out of the large number of normal spells you may play in your deck. If you're playing a more Destiny HERO build, and include copies of Destiny Draw, Diamond Dude can potentially get you free cards without having to discard. What's more, so long as the card remains in the graveyard, you can activate it whenever you want, even if Diamond Dude is no longer on the field. Run 0 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image
Destiny HERO - Doom Lord
600/800
Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish that target. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect. You must control this face-up Attack Position card to activate and to resolve this effect. The banished monster returns to the opponent's side of the field, in the same battle position, during your 2nd Standby Phase after activation.
----
Another level 3 who doesn't help with your XYZ plays, but there is a good reason to consider including this card. As of the time of the writing of this article, Nekroz are arguably the best deck of the format; there are a number of reasons that factor into this, however, one of the most annoying is the Djinn lock: A lock which prevents the opponent from being able to special summon while still being able to special summon themselves. It's this kind of "not being able to play Yugioh" that forces one to consider running cards like this in the first place. Doom Lord deals with the problem very simply: He removes the monster that was summoned using the Djinn, ending your restriction on Special Summoning. Of course you can't attack the turn you use this effect, but at least you can sleep easy at night knowing that you're playing balanced cards. Right? Run 0 - 1 based off preference and need.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Destiny HERO Malicious
800/800
You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Destiny HERO - Malicious" from your Deck.
----
Most variations of Destiny HEROes that play this card either do so for access to XYZ monsters such as Constellar Ptolemy M7, or because of the ease to make level 8 synchro summons through the use of tuners such as Plaguespreader Zombie. Regardless of the reason for playing this, the reason he can be useful in a Destiny HERO Masked HERO deck is that he can be used alongside Destiny Draw, allowing you to discard him to draw two, and then special summon one from your deck whenever you draw a Mask Change. Run 0 or 3 based off preference.

b. HEROes - Fusions

Okay, so we've looked over the main deck HERO monsters, but what are HEROes without Fusions? Really lack luster is what, even if you're playing Gemini Beat. So now we'll take a look at some of the bigger bossy monsters that HEROes have to offer.

1. Elemental HERO Fusions

While most Elemental HERO monsters all combine with other HEROes to make Fusion Monsters, there is a group of Six Elemental HEROes who do not have any named requirements. These HEROes, often called Omni-HEROes, require 1 Elemental HERO and one monster of the corresponding attribute as the Omni-HERO you're trying to summon (an exception to this is Absolute Zero, who we'll cover in a minute). It's these HEROes that have allowed HEROes to compete in the past, and it's these HEROes who will lend a helping hand to the HEROes of tomorrow to continue the fight. Let's take a look at them, shall we?
Spoiler:
Elemental HERO Absolute Zero
2500/2000
1 "HERO" monster + 1 WATER monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 500 ATK for each face-up WATER monster on the field, except "Elemental HERO Absolute Zero". When this card leaves the field: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

----
The only exception to the rule of requiring 1 Elemental HERO and 1 [element] monster, Elemental HERO Absolute Zero. Not only can you use any HERO monster to summon him, but his effect is one of the strongest of the lot. When Absolute Zero leaves the field he sets your opponent's field on ice, destroying every monster currently on that side of the field. However, that's not his only strength; Absolute Zero gains 500 extra attack for each Water monster on the field other than copies of Absolute Zero. This HERO has stood the test of time as one of the best Omni-HEROes and it doesn't seem like it'll change any time soon. Run 1 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image
Elemental HERO Escuridao
2500/2000
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 DARK monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 100 ATK for each "Elemental HERO" monster in your Graveyard.

----
If you gathered all the Omni-HEROes into a room and asked them to tell you who was the weakest link among them all eyes in the room would fall on Escuridao. It's unfortunate that the opposite of one of the best Omni-HEROes (The Shining) sucks this much. There are some plus sides to her, though. Late game in a duel when most of your HEROes have fallen into the grave, Escuridao can quickly get pretty big. Easier to make than certain Omni-HEROes...Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Elemental HERO Gaia
2200/2600
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 EARTH monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Fusion Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; until the End Phase, its ATK is halved and this card gains the same amount of ATK.

----
Gaia is pretty good at taking on big monsters, but that's about all he's good at. Anything past the turn he's summoned typically has him sitting in defense. There's not really much else to say about this one. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Elemental HERO Great Tornado
2800/2200
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 WIND monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Fusion Summoned: Halve the ATK and DEF of all face-up monsters your opponent currently controls.

----
Great Tornado allows you to easily clear established boards...if you can get him out. Without Avian, Stratos, or even Super Polymerization, making this guy can be a challenge, and often one that doesn't pay off. Play 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Elemental HERO Nova Master
2600/2100
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 FIRE monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Draw 1 card.

----
Nova Master is my favourite of the Omni-HEROes. Why? Because free drawing is great. That and he works alongside of Dark Law, unlike a lot of the other Masked HEROes who trigger when something is sent to the grave. Blazeman allows you really easy access to this guy and I feel as a result HEROes were able to gain some well needed speed in duels. Run 0 - 2 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Elemental HERO The Shining
2600/2100
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 LIGHT monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 300 ATK for each of your banished "Elemental HERO" monsters. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target up to 2 of your banished "Elemental HERO" monsters; add those targets to your hand.

----
Back in the days of HERO Gate, The Shining was a great card to make use of, and still is useful when combined with cards like Miracle Fusion. However, all he is in really is a beat stick with the potential to get bigger, and then he replaces himself when he eventually hits the graveyard. The glory days have passed, and Shining isn't as useful as he used to be. Run 0 - 2 based on preference.

b. Other HERO Fusions

Elemental HEROes aren't the only monsters that fuse, no. Destiny HEROes and Evil HEROes both have their own group of Fusion Monsters, but none of them are really fitting in a Masked HERO deck. However, there are three other HERO Fusions that can be splashed into this deck, and each have their own strengths to add to the team.
Spoiler:
Contrast HERO Chaos
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
:dark: ( :light: ) Warrior
3000/2600
2 "Masked HERO" monsters
(This card is always treated as an "Elemental HERO" card.)
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While face-up on the field, this card is also LIGHT-Attribute. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; negate that target's effects until the end of this turn.

----
What ho? A monster with two attributes? Yes, this is part of the power of Contrast HERO Chaos: if necessary, he can be used to bring out either Dark Law or Koga, however, why bring out a potentially weaker monster when this guy can do so much? Relative to the other Masked HEROes he fights alongside, Contrast's effect is rather short, but that doesn't make it bad. Once per turn, during either player's turn, he can negate 1 face-up card on the field. It doesn't matter if it is continuous or not. Just attacked into a mirror force? Negated. Your opponent tries to Dark Hole you and go for game? Negated. Your opponent is struggling to come back and summons a monster that brings something back from the graveyard? Neeegated. He's a great finisher to bring out when you've got multiple Masked HEROes in the grave. But wait, how are you supposed to do that, Masked HEROes don't have a Miracle Fusion. Contrast HERO has the glorious ability to also be an Elemental HERO. It is for this reason you are able to use Miracle Fusion to make him. I find that he seals games when you bring him out. Run 0 - 1 based off of preference.
[spoiler]Image
Vision HERO Adoration
2800/2100
2 "HERO" monsters
Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and 1 face-up "HERO" monster you control, except this card; the opponent's targeted monster loses ATK and DEF equal to the ATK of your targeted monster, until the End Phase.

----
What ho, muscle wizard, might you cast us a spell? Adoration is a great card to include in your extra deck if you're playing polymerization because of Blazeman. He allows you to lower the attack of any monster your opponent controls equal to that of any other HERO you control. Not Elemental HERO, not Masked HERO, but HERO. What's more, he is one of the few HERO fusions that can be special summoned back from the graveyard. With 2800 attack you'll be hard pressed to find something that can attack over this guy on its own, meaning that there's a good chance it'll stick around to start using its effect in the following turns. I personally enjoy using him alongside Nova Master to deal 2700 points of damage and draw a free card. Also, I lied. Adoration is my all time favourite HERO fusion. Hands down. Run 0 - 1 based off preference and if you play Polymerization or not.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Vision HERO Trinity
2500/2000
3 "HERO" monsters
During the turn this card was Fusion Summoned, its ATK is double its original ATK. This Fusion Summoned card can attack 3 times during each Battle Phase. This card cannot attack your opponent directly.

----
Another fusions that requires any kind of HERO? Alright, sign me up! Eh, wait a minute. Three HEROes? That's a bit much...on the plus side he doubles in attack the turn he's fusions summoned, so alongside Adoration you can make a monster lose up to 5000 attack. And he can attack three times...but he can't attack directly, so all Trinity will be doing is clearing the field. If Vision HEROes ever got a Miracle Fusion of some sorts, this guy would be amazing. Alas, he's simply a lackluster soldier. Run 0 - 1 based on preference.

c. Other Monsters - Main Deck

ARE WE DONE YET!? Noooope. Still got a little ways to go. This section covers non-HERO monsters that can help your Masked HERO deck keep up with the rest o the best. It's also considerably shorter than the HERO stuff.
Spoiler:
Goblindbergh
1400/0
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand, then change this card to Defense Position if you activated this effect.
----
Goblindbergh allows you to special summon a level 4 or lower monster from your hand. What likes to be special summoned? Shadow Mist. But aside from her, Goblindbergh allows you to pull off XYZ plays by having two level 4 monsters on the field. In addition, he's an earth target for Gaia with miracle fusion and also for Dian with Mask Change II. Also, because he's a warrior he can be searched with Reinforcement of the Army. Run 0 - 2 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image
Summoner Monk
:dark: Spellcaster
800/1600
While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be Tributed. If this card is Normal or Flip Summoned: Change this card to Defense Position. Once per turn: You can discard 1 Spell Card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 monster from your Deck, but that monster cannot attack this turn.
----
Summoner Monk allows you to bring out Shadow Mist's from the deck, at the cost of a spell you're holding in your hand. While the payoff may be worth it if you succeeded, having the effect negated can put you really behind in the game to the point it's difficult to come back from. It's for this reason I prefer Goblindbergh over Summoner Monk, but there is no denying how useful Monk is to getting your plays going. Run 0 - 2 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thunder King Rai-Oh
:light: Thunder
1900/800
Neither player can add cards from their Deck to their hand except by drawing them. During either player's turn, when your opponent would Special Summon exactly 1 monster: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; negate the Special Summon, and if you do, destroy it.
----
Unlike the other two, Thunder King does nothing to advance your plays. However, he does prevent your opponent from advancing theirs. A first turn Thunder King with backrow protection can put your opponent really behind, and make them waste valuable resources in order to get rid of him. All the while your opponent is trying to get rid of him, you're still able to gather resources yourself, so long as you don't attempt to search your deck any in order to do so. Run 0 - 2 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Tin Goldfish
:water: Machine
800/2000
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 monster from your hand.
----
Tin Goldfish allows you to make use of cards already in your hand, in a manner similar to that of Goblindbergh, with the exception of being Water and a Machine. It allows you another special summon for Shadow Mist, and in combination with cards like Bubbleman or Mask Change II can pave the way for either Masked HERO Acid, or Bahamut Shark. Run 0 - 3 based off of preference.

d. Other Monsters - XYZ Monsters

The final part of the deck, the XYZ monsters. Thanks to the ability to be special summoned when holding no other cards in our hand, Bubbleman allows us to make for some powerful XYZ plays to successfully come back from our opponent's plays In an effort to keep this guide formatless, staple cards are being excluded from this section.
Spoiler:
Blade Armor Ninja
:star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:
2200/1000
2 Level 4 Warrior-Type monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 "Ninja" monster you control; it can make a second attack during each Battle Phase this turn.

----
The reason behind playing this might feel a little self explanitory, so I'll keep it brief. The use of this guy allows for massive clearing of fields, and also OTKs. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image
Heroic Champion - Excalibur
2000/2000
Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; this card's ATK becomes double its original ATK until your opponent's next End Phase.

----
While not necessarily as self explanatory as Blade Armor, Excalibur allows you to get over big monsters that may otherwise be impossible for you to deal with, such as Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree. That aside, he can also allow for OTKs if Blade Armor is not present. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Heroic Champion - Gandiva
2100/1800
Once per turn, when a Level 4 or lower monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field (except during the Damage Step): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy that Special Summoned monster(s).

----
Gandiva is tied to the format and what is played around you, however, the ability to prevent the special summon of level 4 or lower monster(s) is not something to be taken lightly. It can force your opponent to slow down until they can find a way to deal with it. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Bahamut Shark
:water: Sea Serpent
2600/2100
2 Level 4 WATER monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Rank 3 or lower WATER Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck. This card cannot attack for the rest of this turn.

----
The main way for HERO decks to bring out Toadally Awesome. While he cannot attack after using its effect, it can attack before using its effect, allowing you to deal some damage before summoning your awesome toad of negation. Run 0 - 2 based off of preference and the number of Toadally Awesome you play.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Toadally Awesome
:star2: :star2:
:water: Aqua
2200/0
2 Level 2 Aqua-Type monsters
Once per turn, during the Standby Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Frog" monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect: You can send 1 Aqua-Type monster from your hand or face-up from your field to the Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then you can Set it to your field. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

----
Getting this card out in any HERO deck is pretty tricky as there are usually no level 2 Aqua-Type monsters in the deck. However, with the aid of the aforementioned Bahamut Shark, you can successfully summon this card to make use of its powerful negation effect to back up your field. What's more, it replaces itself with one of the materials you used to make Bahamut Shark if your opponent does manage to deal with it, so grabbing back Tin Goldfish can potentially let you trigger Shadow Mist's other effect to grab back a Mask Change/Mask Change II, or summon a Bubbleman to make another Bahamut Shark to summon a replacement Toad for the one you just lost. Run 0 - 3 based off of preference.
Last edited by Windsofthepast on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
My thoughts on Pendulum Summoning: "Somebody played a card game and then boom! End of the world. It totally happened, just like I said; just card game -- boom! Everyone dead."

------

Constellar Guide | Masked HERO Guide

Windsofthepast
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Masked Avengers Protecting the Peace! A Guide to Masked HEROes

Post by Windsofthepast » Sun May 03, 2015 10:40 pm

e. Other Monsters - Fusion Monsters
There are few monsters that do Fusion better than Elemental HEROes, but there is one additional Fusion Monster that is worth mentioning outside of the other HERO Fusion monsters.
Spoiler:
Elder Entity Nordin
:water: Fairy
2000/2200
1 Synchro or Xyz Monster + 1 Synchro or Xyz Monster
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated, also banish it when this card leaves the field.
----
This card is great at making come backs. While you won't be fusion summoning it through it's intended method, it is still incredibly useful thanks to Instant Fusion and being a level 4 Monster. Nordin can bring back a Shadow Mist to get you a Mask Change needed to get back into the game, or make a powerful Rank 4 to deal with an already established board your opponent has. In a pinch, it can also be a water target for Absolute Zero as well, getting you back a HERO if your only method of fusion summoning is Polymerization. Run 0 - 1 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image
[/spoiler]
ii. Additional Spells
Finally, away from the madness that is monsters! So far we've seen lots of Masked HEROes and Fusion monsters, but no way to make them. This section will take care of that for you, starting with HERO Spells.

a. Elemental HERO Spells

We've already covered Masked HERO spells earlier, so this is some essential Elemental HERO cards to consider while building your deck, as they will most likely be the backbone to your Masked HEROes.
Spoiler:
A Hero Lives
If you control no face-up monsters: Pay half your LP; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Elemental HERO" monster from your Deck.
----
Late game this can be great, as the life point cost can be next to nothing. Early game this can be great because it can get you Shadow Mist to start your plays. Other times it's great because it's a spell to pitch for Summoner Monk. Run 0 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image
E - Emergency Call
Add 1 "Elemental HERO" monster from your Deck to your hand.
----
This card allows you to add an Elemental HERO from your deck to your hand. There's not much to say about this card, really. Run 0 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Miracle Fusion
Fusion Summon 1 "Elemental HERO" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing Fusion Materials listed on it from your side of the field or your Graveyard.
----
This card is great whenever you're in top decking mode with a graveyard full of Elemental HEROes. It's also a great card to seal the game with by using fallen Masked HEROes to make Contrast. There's not much else to really say about this. Run 0 - 3 based off preference and amount of Elemental HEROes you play.

b. Other Spells

Seeing as most Elemental HEROes are warriors, they are able to make use of generic Warrior Support. In an effort to keep this guide formatless, staple cards are being excluded from this section.
Spoiler:
Reinforcement of the Army
Add 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.
----
This is pretty self explanatory. It functions similarly to E - Emergency call, but can let you grab Destiny HEROes as well if you run them. Run 0 - 1 Based on preference and the amount of E - Emergency Call you play.
[spoiler]Image
The Warrior Returning Alive
Target 1 Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.
----
Another rather simple card. It returns warriors from your graveyard to your hand. It's a somewhat decent tech choice, compared to Mask Charge. It can be activated at any time there is a warrior in your graveyard while Mask Charge requires you to have both a Change Spell and a HERO to activate it. Run 0 - 1 based on preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Instant Fusion
Pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, but it cannot attack, also is destroyed during the End Phase. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You can only activate 1 "Instant Fusion" per turn.
----
While there are no HERO monsters that fall into the summoning scope of this card, Instant Fusion is able to bring out the powerful Nordin, which can allow you to come back from behind, or further extend your plays in a push toward game. Extra Instant Fusions can also be used as discard cards, as you only have one real target, or as cards to always side out during later games in a match. Run 0 - 3 based off of preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Soul Charge
Target any number of monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon them, and if you do, you lose 1000 LP for each monster Special Summoned by this effect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Soul Charge" per turn.
----
Another great comeback card and play extender to go alongside of Nordin, Soul Charge allows you to bring back a massive amount of monsters at the cost of 1000 life per monster. This card can easily allow you to trigger Shadow Mist and Nordin, getting you another monster at less cost to your life, as well as allow for comeback XYZ plays. You cannot attack on the turn you use this card, so that is something to keep in mind as you attempt to make a comeback play with it. Run 0 - 1 based off of preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Pot of Desires
Banish 10 cards from the top of your Deck, face-down; draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Pot of Desires" per turn.
----
If you feel like chancing your luck with blind milling for extra cards, Pot of Desires can be a card that gets you further into your deck after you've done your power plays. It comes at a huge cost, 10 top cards from your deck that could be combo pieces, but it also allows you two extra cards to make use of after you've made your plays. While some argue that the cost is to much for the 2 cards, others disagree and say that it's a must of in the deck. One thing most people do agree on though is that needing to resolve more than one of this card isn't a good thing. Run 0 - 3 based off of preference.
iii. Additional Traps
Alas, there are no decent traps that fall within the HERO archetype currently. If any are released, this section will be updated and further divided into subsections for them. But until such a time, this section will be dedicated solely to non-HERO trap support.
Spoiler:
Call of the Haunted
:trap: :tContinuous:
Activate this card by targeting 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in Attack Position. When this card leaves the field, destroy that target. When that target is destroyed, destroy this card.
----
This card is useful for bringing back fallen HEROes to make new Masked HEROes, and also for bringing back Shadow Mist to search out more Change Spells. Also, if you play Vision HERO Adoration or Trinity you can bring them back as well with this card. Run 0 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image
Oasis of Dragon Souls
:trap: :tContinuous:
Activate this card by targeting 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in Defense Position. It becomes Wyrm-Type. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster. When that monster leaves the field, destroy this card.
----
Another call of the haunted-like trap, however, this one has the benefit of bringing the monster out in defense position so that you can protect your life instead of taking damage if it's attacked over. However, one drawback of this trap is that the revived monster is brought back as a Wyrm. Not a problem for Mask Changing HEROes, but you'll find that it's impossible to use something brought back by this effect as material for one of the XYZs that require Warrior only monsters, unless the monster you bring back is Wildheart. Run 0 - 3 based off preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Solemn Strike
:trap: :tCounter:
When a monster(s) would be Special Summoned, or a monster effect is activated: Pay 1500 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.
----
One of the better counter traps released in a while, Solemn Strike allows you to negate any monster effect or monster special summon (not by spell/trap effect, mind you) that would endanger your field. The cost is higher than most other life point costs in the deck, and should be used with caution, but the protection it allows already established boards is great. Run 0 - 3 based off of preference.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Dimensional Barrier
Declare 1 monster card type (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Pendulum); for the rest of this turn, neither player can Special Summon monsters of the declared type, also negate the effects of all monsters of that type while they are on the field. You can only activate 1 "Dimensional Barrier" per turn.
----
Another trap that can prevent your opponent's plays and protects your board, Dimensional Barrier prevents the summoning of a wide range of monsters, and negates the effects of any already on the field. It's important to keep in mind though that this card does not hinder just your opponent, but you as well, so if you declare a type that you have on the field already, they too will become negated for the turn. While few decks focus on Fusion summoning as much as HEROes do, there are a few that do rely on Fusion as their primary strategy, so that is something to keep in mind when considering this card. Run 0 - 3 based off of preference and meta.

==VII. Basic Deck Skeletons==
[/b]

¡COMING SOON!

==VIII. Credits==
[/b]

Yes, credits. I'd like to thank my English Teacher for giving me free range to do an instruction and "how-to" project, and again for letting me do it on my hobby.

I'd like to thank my brother and good friend Tysugan and SteampunkYugioh (respectively) for helping me get hooked on Masked HEROes, and again thank SteampunkYugioh for getting me pretty much everything from the new structure deck, Anki, and Blazeman. If you have a chance you should check him out on Youtube.

Everyone who has commented on my HERO deck list with helpful advice.

And every !scrub I've dueled on DevPro and DN to help test my deck.
Last edited by Windsofthepast on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
My thoughts on Pendulum Summoning: "Somebody played a card game and then boom! End of the world. It totally happened, just like I said; just card game -- boom! Everyone dead."

------

Windsofthepast
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Windsofthepast » Sun May 03, 2015 10:40 pm

<Resv. if necessary>

------

Windsofthepast
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Windsofthepast » Sun May 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Okay guys, what think. This was an English Project that I spent a little under a two days working on, and then spent half a day today reformatting it for YCG, as I couldn't turn in a BBC coded-riddled document into my professor.

Thoughts are welcomed, I promise I'll keep this one more alive than the Constellar one. I feel Masked HEROes will be relevant a bit longer than Constellars were anyway.

------

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Mon May 04, 2015 5:31 am

Good stuff Winds, this is really detailed, and the manga sections are a neat addition as well :)
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

k8t
Common Duelist

Post by k8t » Mon May 04, 2015 11:04 am

http://i.imgur.com/YxgYQ6s.jpg
this is my masked hero deck, very good guide but you forget the new heroic rhongomyniad it is an killer with 4 materials and on early game

Windsofthepast
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Windsofthepast » Mon May 04, 2015 12:35 pm

k8t wrote:http://i.imgur.com/YxgYQ6s.jpg
this is my masked hero deck, very good guide but you forget the new heroic rhongomyniad it is an killer with 4 materials and on early game
I don't really approve of "you can't play yugioh" cards, which kinda is what 86 feels like to me. There's also a reason I didn't include Soul Charge in the support spells, but that has more to do with A Hero Lives than anything. I may get around to putting in one or both of them, though.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Good stuff Winds, this is really detailed, and the manga sections are a neat addition as well :)
When the HERO deck was first announced I was seven different kinds of hype, thinking we'd finally get the main deck Masked HEROes. I was disappointed but when I found out about Divine Wind becoming a card I got hype for stratos coming back...and then was disappointed again. I still remember playing against the Yugiohpro AI with the manga Masked HERO cards though, those were good times.

Anyway, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed.

------

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Mon May 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Nice job.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

k8t
Common Duelist

Post by k8t » Mon May 04, 2015 5:26 pm

yeah im testing that soul charge, because it cuts live a lot i main it over call to see how it works , and for 86 its true its "one" of that kind of cards with the love / hate relationship but still try it, its worth for versatility

Windsofthepast
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Windsofthepast » Mon May 04, 2015 7:51 pm

I've tried it. I played Heroic Champions prior to the announce of that card, and then gave them another spin when they announced the new support. Alas, I feel putting the resources into that guy isn't worth it when you can pump out multiple Excalibur that more or less do the same thing.
Nash wrote:Nice job.
Thanks.

------

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by jwestbro11 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Like the guide now to test it Nice job
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

k8t
Common Duelist

Post by k8t » Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 pm

that´s nice , and that´s a point, i don't like more than one excalibur but that guy need a lot of resources it is better to do something else , i use him for difficult situations

Dark Jolteon
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dark Jolteon » Thu May 07, 2015 9:59 pm

you forgot about mashed hero blast
DN: MetaFox
Wink;) wrote:Dark Jolteon,

I officially grant you the title of "Super Pro Cool-Guy at Yugioh"
Rise now as a Servant of the Realm

Windsofthepast
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Windsofthepast » Fri May 08, 2015 12:31 am

Dark Jolteon wrote:you forgot about mashed hero blast
In the Trivia section, yeah, because there wasn't really anything to go off of. But Blast is actually referenced in the actual card section and that section will get fixed up when we find out what he does and if he's decent or not and depending on if we get stratos back or some way to make him other than form change

------

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:20 am

My preferences for Heros is based off a deck I saw that used Nova Master and Form Change to get out pretty much any level 8 masked hero, and I like to save my changes until the BP. Unfortunetly, since NM is around 16-18 USD, I cannot get him IRL to finish the deck. :cry:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!