The Last Jedi!

Talk about TV shows and movies here. We all watch them, after-all.
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

The Last Jedi!

Post by Nash » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Didn't see a topic on it yet so yeah

Has anyone seen it yet? I'm seeing it in a few hours and I CAN'T WAIT I'M SO EXCITED

2 years have certainly gone by quick.....
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: The Last Jedi!

Post by Nash » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:40 am

THAT WAS A GREAT MOVIE OMG

2 and a half hours went by super slow
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:38 pm

I just got back from seeing it, and it was REALLY good.
Personally I feel it was better than The Force Awakens, it had more of it's own original plot without stealing too much from the original movies.
Plus I saw it in a new theatre in this area, which was really modern and well built, so that just made the experience better.
To borrow a British phrase, it was really posh.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:38 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:38 pm
I just got back from seeing it, and it was REALLY good.
Personally I feel it was better than The Force Awakens, it had more of it's own original plot without stealing too much from the original movies.
Plus I saw it in a new theatre in this area, which was really modern and well built, so that just made the experience better.
To borrow a British phrase, it was really posh.
Yeah wasn't it? I love it better than TFA too, sure it was 2 and a half hours but god dang that was a great movie! I wish I could see it again
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Do not read if you haven't seen the movie yet, as I spoiled a lot of things.
Spoiler:
Was it just me, or was everything Poe Dameron did the wrong decision?
It was his choice to attack the destroyer with the bombing crews.
Not only did it turn out to be a waste of time, because they could get away without him destroying it,
but the First Order tracked them anyway, making all their losses for naught.
The decision to mutiny and disable the hyperspace tracker not only failed, but was wrong because
he was unaware of the real plan to decoy with the main ship as the smaller ships escaped to the old rebel base.
And then the First Order tracked the smaller ships because Finn and Rose failed the mission that Poe sent them on.
And if it wasn't for Rey ex machina, Poe's attempts to follow the crystal foxes out of the cave would have failed too.
The Last Jedi spent a lot of time trying to prove to me that Poe is REALLY bad at commanding. :D

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:37 am

MysticJhn wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:04 pm
Spoiler:
Not only did it turn out to be a waste of time, because they could get away without him destroying it,
The decision to mutiny and disable the hyperspace tracker not only failed, but was wrong because
he was unaware of the real plan to decoy with the main ship as the smaller ships escaped to the old rebel base.
And then the First Order tracked the smaller ships because Finn and Rose failed the mission that Poe sent them on.
And if it wasn't for Rey ex machina, Poe's attempts to follow the crystal foxes out of the cave would have failed too.
The Last Jedi spent a lot of time trying to prove to me that Poe is REALLY bad at commanding. :D
Spoiler:
Yeah, after looking back at it that does make sense. I am still mad that NOTHING got explained! I wanted to know about who Snoke was and more about Luke! HE DIDN'T USE HIS GREEN LIGHTSABER AT ALL GOD DANG IT! AND THEN REY'S PARENTS!? COME ON! WAS THAT THE ONLY THING THEY COULD THINK OF!?
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Nash wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:37 am
MysticJhn wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yeah, after looking back at it that does make sense. I am still mad that NOTHING got explained! I wanted to know about who Snoke was and more about Luke! HE DIDN'T USE HIS GREEN LIGHTSABER AT ALL GOD DANG IT! AND THEN REY'S PARENTS!? COME ON! WAS THAT THE ONLY THING THEY COULD THINK OF!?
Spoiler:
It did bother me that Snoke went unexplained before being killed.
He's not a Jedi or Sith, since they were all dead except for Luke, so who trained Snoke?
So then Snoke was Force sensitive enough to not only figure everything out on his own, but master the Dark Side
enough to the point that he could influence Ben Solo during his Jedi training with Luke?
Luke I feel was explained enough.
He was training a new set of Jedi, realized Ben was too powerful and being led to the dark side, almost considered killing Ben,
which led to Ben's transformation into Kylo Ren under Snoke's influence, blamed himself for the failure, and abandoned everything.
There's nothing else to it, really. As for his green lightsaber, I'd assume he threw it away.
He tried to throw away his blue one/Anakin's/Rey's when she handed it to him, and he clearly trashed his X-Wing after
getting to that planet and island, so it's good odds his green one is long gone.
Rey's parents being just junk traders like her was either Kylo lying or just good subterfuge.
One of the themes of this movie was to forget about the past and look towards the future.
Everyone expected that she HAD to be related to a character in the original trilogy somehow because she's a force user,
but not all force users have to be related. She is the future with no connection to the past.
This theme is built upon when Yoda visits Luke and basically tells him that the failures of the Jedi Masters are what
makes the Jedis they train better Jedis, learning from the mistakes of the past.
He then destroys the tree and old Jedi texts because they are just old books, they aren't needed anymore.
Then, finally, at the end, with that one kid that Rose and Finn gave the Rebel ring to and he looks off into the stars,
mirroring Luke looking into the sunset in the beginning of A New Hope, it also reinforces the next generation leaving the past behind.
If you think about it, Kylo Ren's inability to escape his past between his fanboying of Vader and obsession with killing Luke is his major hindrance.
The old ways and old thinking is what's causing strife in the Star Wars universe currently.

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:14 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Nash wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:37 am
MysticJhn wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
It did bother me that Snoke went unexplained before being killed.
He's not a Jedi or Sith, since they were all dead except for Luke, so who trained Snoke?
So then Snoke was Force sensitive enough to not only figure everything out on his own, but master the Dark Side
enough to the point that he could influence Ben Solo during his Jedi training with Luke?
Luke I feel was explained enough.
He was training a new set of Jedi, realized Ben was too powerful and being led to the dark side, almost considered killing Ben,
which led to Ben's transformation into Kylo Ren under Snoke's influence, blamed himself for the failure, and abandoned everything.
There's nothing else to it, really. As for his green lightsaber, I'd assume he threw it away.
He tried to throw away his blue one/Anakin's/Rey's when she handed it to him, and he clearly trashed his X-Wing after
getting to that planet and island, so it's good odds his green one is long gone.
Rey's parents being just junk traders like her was either Kylo lying or just good subterfuge.
One of the themes of this movie was to forget about the past and look towards the future.
Everyone expected that she HAD to be related to a character in the original trilogy somehow because she's a force user,
but not all force users have to be related. She is the future with no connection to the past.
This theme is built upon when Yoda visits Luke and basically tells him that the failures of the Jedi Masters are what
makes the Jedis they train better Jedis, learning from the mistakes of the past.
He then destroys the tree and old Jedi texts because they are just old books, they aren't needed anymore.
Then, finally, at the end, with that one kid that Rose and Finn gave the Rebel ring to and he looks off into the stars,
mirroring Luke looking into the sunset in the beginning of A New Hope, it also reinforces the next generation leaving the past behind.
If you think about it, Kylo Ren's inability to escape his past between his fanboying of Vader and obsession with killing Luke is his major hindrance.
The old ways and old thinking is what's causing strife in the Star Wars universe currently.
Spoiler:
Yeah like I mean Snoke could use force lightning or whatever! I mean only Sidious could do that and Dooku could too I completely forgot about him lol. I'm really hoping it's explained by someone who Snoke was but I'm kind of doubting cuz you know he's dead....And yes, I do agree with not looking to the past and just looking toward the future, that was a great theme
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:01 pm

Spoiler:
One thing I really would like more of an explanation about is the "Knights of Ren".
You saw them in a 2 second flashback in The Force Awakens, and they were mentioned in this movie when they talked about Snoke taking
Ben Solo under his influence, along with a "dozen" of Luke's top students, but there was no mention of what they actually were.
Are we to assume the Knights of Ren was all of Snoke's pupils?
It's like the internet knows more about the movie than people in the movie.
I don't want to just Wookiepedia it, I want the official word from watching the movie.

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:38 pm

Honestly I just want to smack you for putting "Jedis".

As a whole, I thought the movie was great, and more importantly, refreshing.
It's structure is still quite star-wars with its pacing, but all the character arcs are against the grain from there on.
This kind of fast and loose storytelling within the franchise is what's needed to keep things from getting stale.
I originally wasn't going to go see it because I didn't feel like an HD release of epV would be worth it, but ho boy was I wrong.

As for Ep.IX, I'm personally hoping for a timeskip of some sorts.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:29 am

Wallaceman105 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:38 pm
Honestly I just want to smack you for putting "Jedis".
How else would you pluralize Jedi?
Is it supposed to be one of those words that's the same singular and plural?

Whatever, it's a made up title. :P