Slow Life

What is your favorite spell card and why?
yusei-oh
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Slow Life

Post by yusei-oh » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:44 pm

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Slow_Life

Continuous spell
Activate this card only if you control no monsters at the start of your Main Phase 1. Neither player can Special Summon monsters during the turn they Normal Summoned/Set a monster. Neither player can Normal Summon/Set monsters during the turn they Special Summoned a monster(s).

seems like a good floodgate wall. BIG target on it's back though. what do you think of it Xion? (and any other who reads)
If you're Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! God FTW!!!

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Rare

Re: Slow Life

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Well, I'm not xion, but I like it.
It's looks like Konami actually trying to find a balance in the speed of the game.
The only problem is that I think most people who abuse SS spam might not miss their Normal Summon.
It's more damaging, I think, to people who want to Normal Summon.
I'm not sure this card is really accomplishing it's goal.

What this card should say is "While this card remains face-up on the field, neither player can Summon more than [X] times per turn."
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:17 pm

Hmm, it seems like it punishes bad hands more than it limits good ones, as the majority of decks nowadays can just special over normal summons. If anything, it hurts master peace the most, while not really touching the other good decks. Links still have their starters in brilliant fusion and gofu, but they do lose the rescue animals, while dinos lose oviraptor, which is huge, but they have playstarters in the true kings

Also doesn't work immediately with demise which is good

Overall, honestly not that good but can be solid in the right meta. Suprisingly balanced for the concept

Edit: mystic, that already exists in summon limit and summon breaker, which is searchable
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

Raphaelsia
Rare Duelist
Location: Indiana, I'm living in a hole somewhere with Atrax & her friends.

Post by Raphaelsia » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 am

Screws with my Traptrix cards and/or Traptrix varients like HAT that still float around some places.
But that's just other than what Xion and Mystic have already said, I feel the same way about it being a bit lacking when trying to halt the opposing player. Our traps like Bottomless, Floodgate, Strike, Warning, and Compulsory do a better job atm.
Not to mention we have Floodgate and Strike at 3.
Signature created by: Raphaelsia