Yu-Gi-Oh! Revive

If you like to write then we like to read. Here's a place to share your stories, poetry, or whatever.
Rdnick114
Rare Duelist

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Revive

Post by Rdnick114 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:28 am

I rather enjoyed the first 3 generations of the show. Although the first gen was a bit long and fickle with changing rules every 10 seconds, it was rather interesting. But only about 60% of the cards used even showed up in the tcg.
Second gen was alright 'cause they started to introduce the archetype trend that would continue until the present. The story line was ok, but the idea that dueling is so big that they have a whole high school/college based around only dueling is a bit our there. I think I could pass all of those classes without studying a wink, so I guess Jaden knew what he was doing.
5D's has been my favorite generation yet because of all of the plot twists and the addition of the synchro monsters to the game. Though the futuristic duel runners are a bit wierd, they are used to represent the future generations and the mid to late 21st century.
Zexal so far seems like a failure. The only thing good about it is that the schools actually teach kids the core subjects and not just dueling, so it is more realistic from that standpoint. That and the addition of XYZ monsters to the duel circuit. Otherwise *sarcastic* great job KONAMI.

As for your ideas, I think they are great. I always wondered why these shows had outrageous hairstyles and colors. The characters from the first gen actually had realistic names and hair colors (for the most part) but the hair could have had more realistic flow. Keep doing what your doing, and maybe present your ideas to KONAMI and see what happens.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Yeah I read it and what I meant is everytime the main heroine gets in trouble she starts praying for the answer, alla yugi, and boom the duel changes. Ren if not kiaba then maybe more of the guy with cyber dragons from Gx, full of confidence in her skills and never moved by her opponents moves.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:21 pm

But Ren isn't like them personality wise.
Outside the duel she's best friend with the protagonist and is very friendly and bubbly.

It's reflected in her Deck, most her monsters are innocent and cartoonish looking until she goes for that finisher.

There's nothing innocent or bubbly about Kaiba and he's FAR from Yugi's best friend. :P
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:18 pm

I meant dueling styles, I am so glad you didn't have a joey type duelist, or even a syrus for that matter.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Hey, what do you know, I actually stopped procrastinating and added the next chapter! :mrgreen:

Ran out of room again, so I'm onto my next placeholder post.
Hopefully I can make it through this story arc without running out of posts. :D

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:42 pm

"I don't think you're a monster, not if you act like the princess you were meant to be."

Best line so far :D
:oops:

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Please tell me something climatic happens soon, the last chapter I hate to say almost made me say screw this. No offense I see what you were doing but you could finished it with the "princess" shot, dont care if he didn't die, oe something big. Doing good overall imo

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:27 pm

dedoombringer wrote:Please tell me something climatic happens soon, the last chapter I hate to say almost made me say screw this. No offense I see what you were doing but you could finished it with the "princess" shot, dont care if he didn't die, oe something big. Doing good overall imo
The whole thing's meant to be more realistic and focusing on duels, no sort of motorbikes or world-shattering events or all that... and it's nice that a duel finishes differently than just the protagonist destiny-drawing his best card and suddenly winning the duel
:oops:

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:36 pm

That's why I loved Rens duel. I would have like to see how she got out if the lock that was there and all but it is focusing on reality like you said and she just found that nerve and worked it right. Like I said good overall imo just didn't like the last chapter as much. Just telling mystic what I thought. :D

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Actually, to be honest, the duel wasn't even important to that chapter.
Katsumi said it herself, even if she lost she was still going forward.

Katsumi as a character doesn't care about dueling.
It's a means to an end for her, as you see when approached by Yuudai.
She just wants her brother back.

Some people might not want to read the following.
[spoiler]As for the actual duel, if Hikaru didn't surrender, Katsumi would have lost.[/spoiler]

Rdnick114
Rare Duelist

Post by Rdnick114 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:26 pm

I think that the duels are well played out and the new cards are awsome. You should make a list of all the new cards and possibly find ways to illustrate them. I really enjoy how you utilized almost all of the types of cards from fusions to XYZ monsters.
The story line is really cool too. You should present it to Konami and see what they think. Heck, they might cut Zexal short and start making yours instead :)

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:17 pm

I actually do have a listing of all the cards used linked to a thread in Member Created.
I haven't updated it yet for Chapers 9 and 10, though.

lol, I very much doubt a fanfiction created by an American with no associated manga
would replace ZeXal, a story created by Kazahuki Takahashi himself, but it's a nice compliment that you think it can.

They wouldn't want my story considering the direction they take Yu-Gi-Oh in these days.
People being kidnapped.
Highschool girls being threatened at knifepoint and hit in the face.
Transgendered individuals.
People being shot dead (as well as one living monster).
Guns pointed at middle school aged kids.
A female protagonist.
And other things I have planned that are less than family friendly yet to be revealed.

Maybe if this was Madhouse's Yu-Gi-Oh. :lol:

Rdnick114
Rare Duelist

Post by Rdnick114 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:51 pm

I guess you are right, but yours is definitly more realistic to modern society. Guns can be and are pointed at middle school children frequently, and transgendered people are more and more common. Knives and kidnappings are on the news every week so it's not like people aren't used to them. They would for sure have to put it as like a pg 15 type tv show if that ever came about, but it would work.
And you are welcome, I was being totally honest with you. The duels have been getting my blood pumping. Only 5ds and the original could do that. :D
Good luck and let us all know when the next chapter is up. We love it <3

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Well hopefully next time people enjoy the duel a lot more.
I know this time I kind of undercut the duel and made it less important, but I promise next chapter will have a better duel.

Next episode preview: Ren goes head to head with a princess of her own. :mrgreen:

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:13 am

Just so people haven't lost faith in me updating this story, I'll let you know I rough drafted it tonite (and actually wrote the opening of the chapter a while back).

Look for it in the next couple days, although I'm going to try and have it done by tommorrow night around this time.