Yu-Gi-Oh! Legend of the Blue-Eyes

If you like to write then we like to read. Here's a place to share your stories, poetry, or whatever.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legend of the Blue-Eyes

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:49 pm

PREFACE
Welcome the a story that takes place back in the earliest days of Yu-Gi-Oh, based upon the LOB booster pack.
In this world, Duel Monsters is a relatively new game, which means anything that was created later
(Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, Gemini, etc....) does not exist.
Any cards I add to the game (Effect Monsters, archetypes, Spells/Traps) will be leveled and based off of Legend of Blue-Eyes White Dragon.
Cards will need to be added, though, just to have enough variety for different duelists to play with.
I will most likely add in Rituals eventually, as they were already around by Magic Ruler, but nothing modern or OP.
You won't be seeing Level 4 monsters with 1800 ATK here, that's crazy!
As our story begins, while duelists around the world have heard legend of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, nobody has ever seen it.

CHAPTER 1:
CHAPTER 1
Yurich looked over his hand and then down to the field. He was doomed.
Across the table from him was Sam, who had 3 copies of Uraby on the field, and Yurich was down to 2000 Life Points.
Yurich's field was also empty, as those three Urabys had decimated him.
The only thing he had in his hand was Silver Fang and Mystical Sheep #2.
While the game had been out for nearly two years now, Yurich was still fairly new to Duel Monsters, something Sam had gotten him to play.
His collecting of cards hadn't gone well yet, and hadn't even managed to develop a theme.
There was only one card in his deck that could save him from this situation, but could he even draw it?
He placed his hand on his deck, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath.
"Give me that card," he thought to himself as he slid the top card off the pile.
Looking at it, Yurich smiled big and looked over at Sam and slapped his best card down onto the table.
"I play Succubus Knight in attack!" declared Yurich confidently.
Despite the monster's impressive 1650 ATK against Uraby's 1500 ATK, Sam looked rather unimpressed.
"I attack one of your Urabys!"
Sam didn't flinch.
"Aren't you going to take it off the field? Take damage? Say anything?"
Sam sighed.
"I thought I told you," said Sam, "that Level 5 or 6 monsters need a Tribute to play."
Yurich looked over his monster and noticed it's Level 5 status.
"Ugh!" he said as he returned it to his hand, "I keep forgetting that. It's my only Tribute level monster."
Yurich played his Mystical Sheep #2 in face down defense position and slumped back into his seat in give up mode.
"I end my turn."
Sam, for her part, drew a card, but played nothing as she attacked with all three Urabys. Game over.
"You'll never get better at the game if you can't even remember the basics," she stated, reprimanding Yurich.
"I'd be better if I could get any of the good cards," said Yurich as he shuffled through his deck.
"Look at these," he said, laying out a display of his whole deck to Sam.
She glanced over the fan of cards and laughed.
"I thought I told you last week that you really ought to have Spells or Traps in there."
"I do!" Yurich pulled out a single Field Spell, Wasteland. "I just didn't draw it this game."
"Yurich, you can't rely on a single Spell Card to win. There's no strategy to that."
"Well I was trying to make a Beast Deck, but I just don't have the cards yet."
Sam dug into the bag she had brought to Yurich's house and pulled out a single card.
"Here, take this," she said as she handed him the card. It was a copy of Dark Hole. "I have an extra."
Yurich's eyes lit up as he looked at the card. "This is amazing, Sam! Thank you!"
"Just make sure to use it well, I can't have my best friend playing so badly."
"Want to play again, see if I can do better with this?"
Sam shook her head no. "Sorry, Yurich, it's late and I need to go home."
She gave her friend a hug and left, leaving Yurich alone to sit on the couch and turn on the television.
Yurich smiled as he looked over his new card, thinking about Sam.
They had been friends forever, longer than Yurich even knew the difference between boys and girls.
They were in high school now, and while they didn't have all the same classes together like they used to in lower grades,
they still managed to hang out every day and have a blast.
Yurich flipped through the channels until he came across some press conference by the company that made Duel Monsters.
"... and after such a great world championship, we are proud to announce a new card we are releasing into the game."
"A new card? Do they ever release cards individually to the game?" Yurich thought to himself out loud.
"In the spirit of competition and to make thing exciting, this card will be the single most powerful monster ever!"
Yurich was on the edge of his seat with anticipation as a curtain was pulled down to reveal a painting sized picture of the new card.
Immediately he decided this was the coolest looking monster and had to have it.
"Introducing the new legend of Duel Monsters, the Blue-Eyes White Dragon!"
"Holy crow!" exclaimed Yurich out loud. That's amazing!
"In coming days, exactly three of these beautiful beasts will be released in random packs around the world!
Even us here at Starcrush Gaming won't know which packs they will be inserted into, so make sure to buy plenty of packs!"
In his excitement, Yurich nearly dropped his phone as he pulled it out to call Sam.
"Sam, you have GOT to hear what Starcrush just announced!"
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legend of the Blue-Eyes

Post by Rotkiv77 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Can we at least not have level 5 with 1600 attack unless they have at least 1800 defense please?

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:16 pm

It all depends on what I feel is appropriate or needed for the story.
I haven't actually written anything yet, it's just an idea.

MewMew1989
Super Rare Duelist

Post by MewMew1989 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:01 am

Welcome the a story that takes place back in the earliest days of Yu-Gi-Oh, based upon the LOB booster pack.
In this world, Duel Monsters is a relatively new game, which means anything that was created later
(Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, Gemini, etc....) does not exist.
As someone who plays Forbidden Memories and Eternal Duelist Soul all the time, I would be psyched to see such a story.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:06 am

I finally decided to get this story going.
I know it's a short chapter, but I decided it would be easier to write in small bursts than trying to do something huge all at once.
This chapter is basically an introduction to the main character and a bit of plot.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:00 am

That was fun very early yugioh good job