WCQ Bexleyheath; The Watt Report

Here is the place to promote your local tournament events and to report on the results. It is also the place for YCG online tournaments, YVD and DMG.
#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

WCQ Bexleyheath; The Watt Report

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:17 pm

It seems like I'm living up to my self-appointed title of "Brock Lesnar of the Forum" with frequent bouts of inactivity and short bursts of activity before leaving again; I swear I don't do this on purpose though! My Twitter lent ended a few weeks ago and I've been preparing for this WCQ, and by preparing I mean looking to see what deck to play and doing a blind play on the day - Watts was the chosen deck, which is a friends deck, and my aim of winning one round was doubled when I won two!

I went 2-5 on the day, if I had done any form of testing then I would of been fine but alas. I did summon a Blood Mefist with Trap Eater, which was pretty fun, but I can't remember most matches as I was mostly zoned out due to the ninety-minute cycle there in the first place and helping set up the tables and chairs for the venue (which meant I didn't have to stand outside for an hour, and I got a free drink from it).

The main thing I remember was my seventh round match v Cyber Dragons, which I had crippled in round six because I called a judge on him because he was summoning Cyber End Dragon with D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation straight off the bounce from a destroyed Malefic Cyber End Dragon (not summoned correctly), plus Light-Imprisoning Mirror (game two) and Messenger of Peace just shut down his deck so hard that I was able to side Sparks in game two...

Funny thing about Light-Imprisoning Mirror: I can still attack directly with my Watt monsters, as they're continuous effects, but any addition effects aren't activated.
He got around my Watt lock in the second match, with a Dark Hole, but with two Wattdragonfly set I was able to summon a third Watthopper and Wattcobra to continue to slow barrage towards the hashtagging; seven direct attacks and a Gagaga Cowboy had setup a Sparks finish, ending a tournament of madness!

The upside was that I managed to get my hands on a DT Daigusto Emeral, for my rock collection, and a Fortress Whale at random too! I also collected my TrollandToad order of DT Trishula too, so now I'm able to sit back and not worry about spending anything on cards for a while :3

This is also my last WCQ report for this season; I would go to WCQ Nationals but it means leaving my locals without a decent judge, and I'm not liking the idea of a pothead being the judge just to get some free boosters he can sell (or could sell, if he didn't get himself banned from my trading group for not sending in three weeks, nor telling people that he had no toploaders; bad traders be stoned)
I've done five WCQ's this season, played five different decks, but only dropped Sparks for game once compared to the four times last season :c
Blackpool: Denko Shaddoll, 2-5; 42 miles from home
Liverpool: Personal Chaos, 1-6; home locals
Cardenden: Yosenju, 3-3; 255 miles from home
Manchester: Exodia, 3-4; 32 miles from home
Bexleyheath: Watts, 2-5; 246 miles from home
You can say that I've travelled the country just for WCQ's. Has the miles and costs been recouped? Nope, but the fun experiences, trading, selling, and laughter that I've had has been worth it!
I don't play to win, which is kinda the point, but instead I play to have fun! I meet people from my trading group, people who know me from that group, and enjoy spending time with new people! If I took the game more seriously, or if certain cards weren't restricted, then I'd be playing better but who really cares?
Last edited by #SparksForGame on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: WCQ Bexleyheath; The Watt Report

Post by sgtc1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:21 am

#SparksForGame wrote:"Brock Lesnar of the Forum"
That's either XYZ or moon... :lol:
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: WCQ Bexleyheath; The Watt Report

Post by #SparksForGame » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:16 am

sgtc1 wrote:
#SparksForGame wrote:"Brock Lesnar of the Forum"
That's either XYZ or moon... :lol:
They're neither overrated, overhyped, and/or full of [bleep]... ;)

Fine, I'll be The Rock >.> Plus I do have some qualifications in acting, and I like rocks.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)