An Unexpected Report; The Brotherhood Open

Here is the place to promote your local tournament events and to report on the results. It is also the place for YCG online tournaments, YVD and DMG.
#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

An Unexpected Report; The Brotherhood Open

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue May 05, 2015 8:25 am

I'm back at ya with yet another tournament report! The British WCQ season is all but at an end, WCQ Nationals is around the corner, and there were two tournaments that gave people the chance to playtest for Nationals, which seemed kinda pointless since Crossed Souls is going to be legal then and we don't have the set yet xD

Anywho, before I bore you with crazy details of how The Brotherhood Open went, I'm going to talk about our lord and saviour "Misplay"; earlier in the week, on Wednesday, I randomly entered the local tournament because I wasn't judging it - the local head-judge decided to get some practice in before he went to the Irish Nationals that weekend - and since a friend offered to buy me food, because I've been lending him Mind Crushes for the past few weeks, I decided to change that offer into free tournament entry! People were surprised to see my name on the first round pairings, nobody had ever seen me duel and didn't know what to expect; I went 1-3 and finished one above last (before drops), I played Yosenju with an iffy side-deck because I didn't bother thinking about it too much.
My only win was against Volcanics; that duel was so horrible, in terms of misplays and bad sharking, it was actually funny; my opponent said that I couldn't play Mystical Space Typhoon (or Quick play cards in general) in my Draw Phase after I had drew them.... Yes, you read that correctly, and he also has Nekroz too! He didn't stop me from playing Pot of Duality when he had Thunder King Rai-Oh on the field, but my friend did (he said on Skype that he wish that he didn't say anything), and then the salt in the wound was when I played Spell Shattering Arrow, in my draw phase, on his field that only consisted of Blaze Accelerator Reload - he scooped as he was on 300 life points. I didn't bounce Yosenju Tsujik back to hand either, but that was a minor problem that didn't bother me at all xD

Now for The Brotherhood Open, on Sunday: Pre-reg closed at 149 people, I managed to squeeze in a few minutes later to get the 150th and final spot, surprising everyone with my random appearance to highly-competitive tournament when people know that I play [bleep]-for-brains decks; the deck of choice was my beloved Exodia deck, because I wanted to see if I could beat someone with Exodia at a highly-competitive event that had the likes of Jack Igo, Luke Lennard, several highly-placed/travelled players, and AlintheaYoh during a livestream for feature matches! A bad deck in a tournament where I should be refused entry for having a [bleep] deck :P
I went against Nekroz, Shaddolls, twice Volcanics, Elemental Heros, and something else - I got a bye in the fourth round though, and finished 2-5 :D My only victory came against Volcanics, surprisingly.

That game was such a horrible grind game that he had to burn me to death with Volcanic Scattershots and a single Gagaga Cowboy; having backrow and attacking stall for days, he discarded his Vanity's Emptiness for hand-size limit before everyone around him laughed because Battle Fader is a thing. We enjoyed it though, even though he won the only game we had, he decided to scoop game two and three because he didn't want to go through the same grind game for another 20 minutes! He loved the deck build though, it was amusing to see his reactions every time I flipped a stall card :D

At the end of day, when nothing was happening, a few of us were messing about; I was teabagging one of the judges whilst his girlfriend watched on, the TO jokingly walked over and started to unzip his pants, and in general it was quite a relaxed atmosphere compared to a normal big tournament where the judges have to stay professional all day. Plus burgers and hot dogs on site, freshly cooked too, for £0.50 each was just so good <3
A gathering of friends, people travelling from different parts of the country just to be there; it's so good!

On a funny note: A local player has been trying to qualify for Euro's for the past two weeks, he went to Bochum and dropped on x-3 due to his binder being stolen from his bag (he was playing Nekroz), then he decided to go to the Irish Nationals and then dropped again! (I think he was playing Shaddolls, I don't know). He doesn't decktest enough, he doesn't know what he's doing, and spends too much money on trying to be a good player when everyone around him doesn't need to try so hard! He spent £280 on a Nekroz core/deck with double Denko and a few extra deck pieces, he then wanted to buy Shaddolls during the week (heading to Irish Nationals); god forbid he tries to go to UK Nationals next weekend, and he's already said that he'll have to enter a last-minute qualifier to attempt to go to Euro's (which is being held in Dublin, Ireland).
He's such a try-hard, it's not even possible to make any of it up!

Anywho, I don't know when the next tournament I'll enter will be, I'm not going to Nationals because I don't want my locals to be judged by a pot head and I also get a chance to swipe plenty of the new cards too, hopefully >.>
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: An Unexpected Report; The Brotherhood Open

Post by dracostrike » Tue May 05, 2015 8:39 am

Oh you and your adventures Sparky XD I swear the day that our worlds meet, the universe may implode ^^
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue May 05, 2015 8:49 am

dracostrike wrote:Oh you and your adventures Sparky XD I swear the day that our worlds meet, the universe may implode ^^
Well I AM well-travelled, and if I'm able to stay with a friend for a few days then anything is possible :3 This is also a poke at a potential crashing at your place too, if you dare host a crazy madman and his bicycle xD
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Tue May 05, 2015 8:53 am

#SparksForGame wrote:
dracostrike wrote:Oh you and your adventures Sparky XD I swear the day that our worlds meet, the universe may implode ^^
Well I AM well-travelled, and if I'm able to stay with a friend for a few days then anything is possible :3 This is also a poke at a potential crashing at your place too, if you dare host a crazy madman and his bicycle xD
XD Well remind me of the times, dates and such and I should be able to make some room ^^

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue May 05, 2015 9:52 am

dracostrike wrote:
#SparksForGame wrote:
XD Well remind me of the times, dates and such and I should be able to make some room ^^
I thinking around July or something, depends if your locals has tournaments running or not xD

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Tue May 05, 2015 10:27 am

Fair enough ^^ Actually I might not be around up there at that time. Heck, it depends what's going on.

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue May 05, 2015 4:18 pm

The earliest I'd be able to travel would be at the end of June, due to London MCM and a potential trip to Newcastle for Yu-Gi-Oh :3