Magicians - Locals 9/19/16

Here is the place to promote your local tournament events and to report on the results. It is also the place for YCG online tournaments, YVD and DMG.
Marceline
Rare Duelist

Magicians - Locals 9/19/16

Post by Marceline » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:06 am

Just in case you need to know what my deck was in its entirety click here

As I said before in the topic in the link, I was able to get 2nd place. But I'll go into a bit of detail. (I may not remember a few things though, because I was drinking while I was playing). Also, just in case, there were only 4 people playing there. We was supposed to have 8 people, but half never showed due to personal problems or etc.
Spoiler:
1st game - I did alright at first even though I went second, I had a good starting hand, was able to open up a with a standard play of Absolute and a Odd-Eyes, plus another monster (can't remember which). But he had topdecked his only copy of Time-Space -_- which made that play somewhat a disappointment. After that, I crumbled...duel only lasted 5 turns, 2 turns for me, 3 for him.

2nd game - Not much that I remember about this, other than I won as I was able to OTK with Monkeyboard, Utopia-B, Big-Eye, and a steal.

3rd game - I was able to go first, but he had sided in Twin Twisters and destroyed my Pendulums, then Raigeki'd my field. I had no way to stop him after that as all I had in left was a Iron Wall I sided in in my hand, and no field coverage.

End Result: 0-1-0 - I really had no idea where to hit Kozmos at until I seen a couple of their plays as this was my first experience dueling Kozmos. So this first loss kind of dampered my spirits a little, luckily, he was a very nice gentleman and gave me some solid advice on how to deal with Kozmos, also gave me his number so we could practice together. Although truth be told, I hope that's his only intentions :roll:
Spoiler:
1st game/2nd game - FEAR NOT!! Thanks to the guy before this one, I knew how play against it better. I don't remember all the details as it was pretty long 1st game which I eventually just poked with Trapeze, but I ended up doing a OTK during the 2nd game with Rebellion, Big-Eye, Utopia-B, and two others. However, to be honest, this guys Kozmos wasn't built the same as the one before, so that also was a possible factor.

End Result: 1-1-0
EDIT:
Spoiler:
Before I begin, first off, this match was hilarious, this guy was really nerdy...like Bill-Nye the Science Guy nerdy. He was hilarious. He brought a damn chess timer and demanded for us to play each turn in only 45 seconds. Well, I grew a pair and went along with it thinking it would be fun and I was almost drunk enough. Boy was I right. Not to mention everyone else abided by it. So wynaut :lol:

1st game - I can't really remember all the details because it was so fast-paced. But the first game I made misplays all over the place and he caught me each time. At the end, I ended up taking a loss because of our constant laughing and I couldn't think. (I was a bit tipsy)

2nd game - I had to gain some self control in this one, because I didn't want to lose another match. But nevertheless, I was a bit more fortunate this time around, I topdecked a Time-Space, popped his backrow with Dragonpit, then proceeded to OTK.

3rd game - I admit, this game I could not remember much at all, the budweisers were already getting to me. And he had me in a corner, and I resorted to a dirty trick, I teased him a little by starting to talk dirty...stupid I know, I was ashamed of it afterwards and ended up apologizing after the tournament...which was fine with him cuz this guy got 3rd place in the locals overall. Anyways, when I was talking I ended up messing him up and made his face red in embarassment and he created a misplay, which we didn't see til a judge that was watching us said something. Which in return, gave me the advantage I needed. It also led to the decision by the store owners that I shouldn't bring any more alcohol during Tuesday night Yugioh tourneys. Which was fine by me. At this point, I was afraid of being penalized, which I should have been, but for some reason everyone was good natured about it all because we was all cutting up and still having fun....still felt horrible though...

Either way
End Result: 2-1-0
Spoiler:
Before we started the last round of dueling, we had took a short 30-min break on the account of me, because they thought it was best that I sobered up a bit, which I completely understood. I was surprised of how good natured they were about the whole thing. I even recieved a bit of comfort knowing that no one blamed me for anything and it was clearly my fault to begin with. It made feel better to know they didn't want me to feel bad. Anyways...I'm not going to go into full detail here, because I've reached a character limit on my phone while editing this post, so long story short, I won this mirror match, which put me 2nd place with 3-1-0. (First place winner I had dueled in the first match was 4-0-0)

Darksoul
Ultra Rare Duelist

Re: Magicians - Locals 9/19/16

Post by Darksoul » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:58 pm

What did the first place winner receive?
Evilfaic wrote:Just put Magician of Faith into MS Paint and color it black. Basically an Xyz.

Marceline
Rare Duelist

Post by Marceline » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Darksoul wrote:What did the first place winner receive?
2 Boxes of BOSH

If every person had been there, the top three places would've got a box each, but due to the low participation of 4 people, they added 3rd's places box with 1st place as a extra award for the winner.

Darksoul
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Darksoul » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:05 pm

Marceline wrote:
2 Boxes of BOSH

If every person had been there, the top three places would've got a box each, but due to the low participation of 4 people, they added 3rd's places box with 1st place as a extra award for the winner.
Woah, I wish I could've had that extra box! Did they pull anything interesting?
Evilfaic wrote:Just put Magician of Faith into MS Paint and color it black. Basically an Xyz.

Marceline
Rare Duelist

Post by Marceline » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Darksoul wrote:
Marceline wrote:
2 Boxes of BOSH

Woah, I wish I could've had that extra box! Did they pull anything interesting?
Idk, He didn't open it when I was there, I left before then.