YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Here is the place to promote your local tournament events and to report on the results. It is also the place for YCG online tournaments, YVD and DMG.
User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:17 am

Two people playing the same deck would be 2 monarch players, or 2 Chain burn players.

2 different engines of the same deck are the same, I.e. Frognarch and Speedroid Monarchs, or Demise and FKI Kozmo

PK Fire just scrambles a bunch of techs, so it isn't the same as any of its component decks.

And since it's supposed to have 8000, 10000 prevents the bulk of the FTKs, and honestly doubling the lifepoints, which I've done, isn't even fun. At all. It takes forever for the duels to get done, because you always have room for recovery.

Maybe we could compromise at 12000, 1.5x your standard LP.
Trust me, outright doubling it isn't fun.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 6684
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by moonsaber » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:46 am

Wallaceman105 wrote:Two people playing the same deck would be 2 monarch players, or 2 Chain burn players.

2 different engines of the same deck are the same, I.e. Frognarch and Speedroid Monarchs, or Demise and FKI Kozmo

PK Fire just scrambles a bunch of techs, so it isn't the same as any of its component decks.

And since it's supposed to have 8000, 10000 prevents the bulk of the FTKs, and honestly doubling the lifepoints, which I've done, isn't even fun. At all. It takes forever for the duels to get done, because you always have room for recovery.

Maybe we could compromise at 12000, 1.5x your standard LP.
Trust me, outright doubling it isn't fun.
Annnndd wallace completely misses the point. Im not playing with your undefined rules.
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

User avatar
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:49 am

12,000/16,000.

You don't need to start hitting decks for being similar. All you have to do is encourage people to play something that doesn't have an alternate win-condition. Tournaments on this site always fail because people try too hard with the rules. Just keep it simple.
Image
X X

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:53 am

That's why I left it all open, because too many rules isn't fun. I'm being vauge, moon, because I figured everyone here's mature enough to be responsible and have fun.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:55 am

Vague doesn't work when you're trying to run a tournament.
Image
X X

User avatar
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Anti-Meta Chaos Guild
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:56 am

16,000 lps starting
Teammates cannot use the same deck such as monarchs or PK fire and pure BA since they are essentially the same deck with different engines.

I think these two are fine additions.

I can't tell you how many times I've otk'd someone with Chaos Max Dragon and my tag partner didn't even get a chance to play.
Last edited by ChaosDraGon00 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

User avatar
moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 6684
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by moonsaber » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:57 am

Wallaceman105 wrote:That's why I left it all open, because too many rules isn't fun. I'm being vauge, moon, because I figured everyone here's mature enough to be responsible and have fun.
This is a terrible way to approach it and half the reason the majority of tournaments here fail. The rules must be very clearly defined. Either do the card restriction thing or dont have deck restrictions. Otherwise it is not going to work.
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

User avatar
moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 6684
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by moonsaber » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:58 am

ChaosDraGon00 wrote:16,000 lps starting
Teammates cannot use the same deck such as monarchs or PK fire and pure BA since they are essentially the same deck with different engines.

I think these two are fine additions.

I can't tell you how many times I've otk'd someone with Chaos Max Dragon and my tag partner didn't even get a chance to play.
Thanks for illustrating my point since you and wallace disagreed on pk fire being the same as ba.
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

User avatar
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Anti-Meta Chaos Guild
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:00 am

moonsaber wrote:
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:16,000 lps starting
Teammates cannot use the same deck such as monarchs or PK fire and pure BA since they are essentially the same deck with different engines.

I think these two are fine additions.

I can't tell you how many times I've otk'd someone with Chaos Max Dragon and my tag partner didn't even get a chance to play.
Thanks for illustrating my point since you and wallace disagreed on pk fire being the same as ba.
When did I say PK Fire and Pure BA aren't the same deck?
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

User avatar
moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 6684
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by moonsaber » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:01 am

ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:16,000 lps starting
Teammates cannot use the same deck such as monarchs or PK fire and pure BA since they are essentially the same deck with different engines.

I think these two are fine additions.

I can't tell you how many times I've otk'd someone with Chaos Max Dragon and my tag partner didn't even get a chance to play.
Thanks for illustrating my point since you and wallace disagreed on pk fire being the same as ba.
When did I say PK Fire and Pure BA aren't the same deck?
You didnt. Wallace did
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

User avatar
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Anti-Meta Chaos Guild
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:01 am

Ohhhhh gotcha lol.
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

User avatar
Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 8392
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:12 pm
Location: London, Britain
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:27 am

Sure chaos let's dunk the Aussie nangs
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

User avatar
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Anti-Meta Chaos Guild
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:35 am

Shweet!
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19615
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:40 am

Wow, all the serious in a thread for a tournament that's just for fun entirely based off the fact that DN is dead.
Don't you guys play games for fun? This isn't for a prize or anything.

All this seriousness is making me want to play something even sillier and bust out my Kanan the Swordmistress deck. :D
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: YGOPro Tag Team Tourney!

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:41 am

Putting LP at 12000. Not doing double because, as I've said, from my experience (and I play tag a LOT on this thing) 16000 isn't fun. Its only good for anime duels where getting 14000 damage in a turn is just considered "passable".

Eliminated the dupe rule, just everyone use common sense. Its a fun tourney, don't go overly hardcore.


Edit: Mystic, you ninja'd me :lol:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

Post Reply