I have been living behind a mask.

Need to rant? Looking for some opinions on how to resolve a problem. No politics or personal attacks here.
dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: I have been living behind a mask.

Post by dedoombringer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:24 pm

You need to address the depression before it causes physical problems. Also in the course of taking care of that you may get a simple way of telling your parents that you are gay. To be honest I think your depression is caused by you still not being comfortable with who you are. Maube you should find a life coach for young gay men. I know this sounds insane and wrong but the number of suicides for young gay men is staggering.

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:16 pm

I know goals are good to have and everything because they do give a little motivational kick, but I think with something as delicate as revealing your sexuality they may not always be the right idea. It's more of the idea that you have to do it by a certain time, and I fear you might either force your surroundings to agree with the time you set so it doesn't look like you're backing out, or become very dispirited when you're unable to tell them for whatever reason. If a goal and time setting is the right choice for you then don't hesitate, I just don't want to see you agree to something you might not be ready for :)
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Noted, Yisb. I may have some doubts, but my mom and dad are really good parents. They've done a lot of work just to get me and my sisters better lives/futures. Usually, what they do doesn't make us happier in the moment, but we know in the end that it's necessary for us to lead happier lives later down the road.
My mom is the only one I have concerns about, but not by much. I'm the youngest, as well as the only boy, so I'm her favorite (hooray for favoritism). I know it really isn't fair to my sisters sometimes, but this just works out better for me. She might get mad at me for whatever reason after I come out to her, but she won't be mad for long. She certainly won't keep me from going to college. I'm ready. But now just isn't the time.

I may have contemplated suicide before. But I've definitely gone past that point. It doesn't solve anything.
It is better to deal with my problems head on than to create more problems for everyone else.
I also don't cut myself or anything.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

DanteSolablood
Rare Duelist

Post by DanteSolablood » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi Phazed,

You may have moved past the suicide stage in depression, but if you've suffered genuine depression with suicidal thoughts, then it's still a good idea to speak to your GP about this and consider some counselling. I suffered depression with thoughts of suicide for years & eventually moved on. 10 years later & my depression is back and all the worse for not getting my issues dealt with the first time around. It can be embarrassing, but getting help is not an admission of failure, it's simply getting treatment for an illness.

As for issues with feeling like your mother will be mad with you when you come out, I'm sure she loves you for who you are & your gender identity is just as much a part of you as your sense of humour or your hair colour. You'll be fine & I wish you the best of luck for when you feel ready.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:01 pm

I will consider going to my doctor about this.

Thank you for your kind words :')
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =