A long rant about life; woe is me

Need to rant? Looking for some opinions on how to resolve a problem. No politics or personal attacks here.
#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

A long rant about life; woe is me

Post by #SparksForGame » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:45 am

I figured that I'd use this blank space to get off my chest all the problems that has brought my mood crashing down in the past few weeks, it's not just one problem but several problems rolled into one. Why am I posted it in here instead of somewhere more public? Some of it relates to my locals and two of the people there; another relates to my trading group; life in general; not sure what else, I'll let the tangents flow. The only two people who know of myself outside of this forum are Dracostrike and Yisb, though Dracostrike knowns me more through talking to him on Facebook (when he's not chasing Wifiau in France).

Anyway...

My locals has gone to [bleep] in the past few months; ever since one of my best-friends had left Liverpool for the summer, to go back home to Slovenia, locals has been a deadspace for me to go, he was one of the few people who'd actually talk to me. Our main head-judge is usually working to bother to come in, the 'good' regulars have stopped coming in, and we're left with a small handful of people; two of which are walking neckbeards who have a problem with me, because I banned them from the trading group.

This problem started because one of them failed to send any of his trades out twice, several trades too, citing that he had left his phone charger somewhere for a few days and had no access to the internet; the only way he can get online is via is phone, but that's a bullshit reason to not get off your fat ass and get your charger - not once but twice he's done this, or claims to have done it! He's the kind of person who'll actively undervalue your cards and overvalue his own, but will also heckle you if you make a mistake! Anyway, I had to ban him and his two of his friends from the group, banning his friend to stop him from evading his ban through another accounts - it's an uphill struggle but I know it'll all pan out eventually.
Now that locals doesn't have the regular head-judge, I've been taking over that role for the tournaments and it's clear that they're jealous of it - the free booster packs I'm getting for doing nothing (I bulk it all up for store credit; got 18 AP07 when it came out) and have been heckling me, calling me a bad judge because I got one ruling wrong (Macro Cosmos v Pendulums; I said that the Pendulums don't get banished, but I didn't have time to clarify myself) and the next time I went to actively clarify myself: I got heckled for making sure that I was right. Judges are only human, we're prone to making mistakes, but when one of them messed up a round pairings because he put in the wrong result, from not paying attention, I refused to (publicly) heckle him.
It doesn't end there though; we go to another locals in another city because the trading is good there and a few problems have happened there too. He accused me of tradejacking him when he was blatantly trying to undervalue cards someone had (Ultra Emergency Teleport at £6 (£15) and Ultimate Emergency Teleport at £8 (£20), so I decided to tell the person the actual values and force them into not trading with him (not physically force, just enough persuasion to not get ripped off). Another time he accused me of theft; his friend left an Ultimate Castel in a pile of sleeves that they left lying around on a table and vacated the room, I was unaware of the card being there while I was collecting all the sleeves for myself (I'm not going to let sleeves go to waste). When it was mentioned that the card was missing, I quickly put the pieces together and checked the pile of sleeves I had: the card was there, then came the quick decision to keep the card or pass it back; I passed it back to him believing that I had done the right thing, but then I was openly accused of theft and keep myself under control as he was doing childish 'nya nya nya' to drown out what I was saying.
The next meet up was where it came to blows; I punched him, with good reason. I was stood in a narrow doorway with my bicycle, ready to leave, and he forcefully barged past me and nearly knocking both myself and my bicycle over; I snapped at him and launched an attack on him, and when we came to face-to-face while the TO's were there: I threw a weak right-hook into his face, a warning shot to tell him that I've had enough of him and wanted blood. I believe he's banned from these locals now, after threatening more violence outside of the building. While I know what I done was wrong, I don't regret any of it - I forgot to mention that he told me to go kill myself whilst I was head-judging the regular sanctioned tournament too AFTER having a public argument with the TO (in Liverpool) about how he thinks I'm a bad judge.
The make matters worse, they keep referencing to what has happened for quickfire shots at me; it's bullying and the shop owner won't do anything about it.

That's just the major problem at the locals, the other is the lack of Yu-Gi-Oh there; the place has slowly turned into a deadspace, very few people turn up now and it doesn't help that the shop owner doesn't have massive stocks of anything (doesn't help that there wasn't any Crossed Souls in the country for a while); no stock of the Crossed Souls Advanced Edition, the only main-set booster pack he's selling is Secrets of Eternity and he's only got a few boxes of Dragons of Legend, which was delayed by a week because he forgot to order any due to a Magic pre-release happening (poor excuse really, especially when other locals that do Magic can still get everything in stock). There's barely any packs of sleeves or accessories, people have to go elsewhere for stuff; it's like he doesn't care for the Yu-Gi-Oh player base and he even said that he doesn't know how many sneak peak sets he's getting for next week's sneak peak!

Now lets swing back to the trading group; Timestamps and the prohibition of tradelists, a quick fix for idiots to not be scammed. Recently we had introduced timestamps for all sale/trade pictures, after avoiding them for nearly 4 years, and quite a few people don't want to waste their time with timestamps (I'm one of those people). One person moaned about tradelists being used to avoid timestamps, which had tradelists banned because you can't put a timestamp on tradelists (no [bleep] Sherlock, you're on Facebook! You can't put a picture/timestamp on a 'note'), but what baffles me is that NOBODDY has been scammed by anyone using a tradelist while someone can take a random picture from any other group/Google and photoshop a perfect timestamp in.
Timestamps are used by idiots for idiots; idiots who'll believe someone is trustworthy because they've got a piece of paper with their name and date on it - they could of had anyone do that for them! Smart traders won't ask for timestamps, they'll get the other person to send first or use a trusted middleman, and if the scammer refuses to send then it's more evidence against them. Timestamps don't deal with scammers; they feed of idiots who don't know what they're doing.

Now lets listen to another problem, this time from another part of my interests; furries. I've been banned from the local furmeets for the year, starting in February, when I called someone 'retarded' on Twitter, for their lack of imagination/creativity; calling yourself "Pride the gay white tiger" isn't cute, it's a lack of imagination and shoving 'gay pride' down our throats even more than ever before (this was at the end of Januay). The fact that you've added an adjective to describe the sexuality of your 'fursona', plus the name that CLEARLY relates to gay pride, is showing a clear lack of creativity; something that the furry fandom thrives upon.
I didn't get banned for just that though, I got banned because I got accused of theft and I make people feel uncomfortable.
-I was accused of stealing a £5 pool cue deposit AFTER asking people if they had put a deposit down, but I was the potential fall guy for this since we're in a public bar and a random member of the public could of cashed in for a free £5 and the person wouldn't know who had taken his money. I paid him back though, but the meet organizers didn't even tell me about the accusations until February this year (it happen July 2014, this time last year!)
-Apparently I make people feel uncomfortable but not even I know why and nobody will tell me why, which leaves me wondering what I've done wrong and who has a problem, or even if there is no problem and it's all made up just to push me away from the meets.
Funnily enough, the person who runs the meets AND local convention, admitted that he told someone to go kill themselves whilst in work and the person did just that:
Person: I think I'm going to kill myself
Him: Just do it then
Person: <does it; dead>
-What kind of person would even suggest to do that, and then attempt to be one of the lead guys of a meet whose fandom is currently having problems with one of the "celebrities" telling someone to go kill themselves and that they're weak for doing suicide?!

Now for something more closer to home; It seems like I'm slowly becoming impoverished, the lack of quick food/snacks in the house is becoming concerning; there's no bacon or eggs, that's the basic point! My father earns a lot of money but doesn't give any of it to my mother to do the shopping, he doesn't even do anything with it to help the sad state of affairs in the house, and I'm stuck trying to make sure that I've got money set aside for the now and any set aside for emergencies.
It's gotten to the point of my fathers' money-saving lifestyle, he refuses to pay for the internet; using the free internet he gets with the television package! 2.80Mbps download and 0.65Mbps upload, not good enough for today's standards of doing anything online! He reason? Why should he pay for something that he doesn't use, which puts me aback from doing anything productive with my time like gaming or YouTube video's.

I used to be active on forums, like severely active to the point where I'd spend all day on them, but now it seems like a chore to even go on one forum; I feel out-of-touch with forums, having using Facebook and Twitter for the past few years. Even on here it's a chore and I LOVE Yu-Gi-Oh, I just don't want to talk about the competitive scene all the time, yet it feels like that's what the majority of TCG discussion is about; not the random tier 8 decks we can build for fun or the random tech cards that'll only work for one day, maybe I'm just a casual scrub floating around in the infinite realms of competitive play, staying afloat because I know how to swim.

One last thing; unemployment, how everything seems to be better when you're unemployed. I gave my contact details to several apprenticeships and colleges/employers last week, around 15 of them, and only 2 of them contacted me about anything! I can understand they've got a lot of people to contact but when you tell someone that you'll contact them within a certain time period, it looks poor if you don't keep to your word.
I have to "sign on" to claim job-seekers benefits from the government, money to help keep me afloat whilst I'm unemployed, but the whole process is too easy and it's gotten to the point where I've proven it to be too easy! I have to provide evidence that I'm looking for work, but for nearly two months I've not been asked to provide any evidence; free money for doing fudge all, effectively; free money for typing this rant out when I could be doing other things.

So yeah, that's the most cause of my depression and my lack of desire to go on forums in a nutshell; I'm not expecting this to stay up for too long, probably because it breaks one or more of the rules, but stranger things have happened...I've also spent the last 75 minutes typing this out, quite an essay if you ask me.
Anywho, I must dash; I've got a locals to go to; a locals where last time I punched someone >.>
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: A long rant about life; woe is me

Post by dracostrike » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:46 am

O.O That's it. You need one weekend up north.

I will sleep on the beanbag and you can release your pent-up stress during the best nights-out that the north can offer.

And by day, you can visit locals :)
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:55 am

dracostrike wrote:O.O That's it. You need one weekend up north.

I will sleep on the beanbag and you can release your pent-up stress during the best nights-out that the north can offer.

And by day, you can visit locals :)
Technically, I'm further north than you :P Though I appreciate the offer and will gladly take you up on it at some point :3 Shame I don't drink or anything, but I'll try my best to enjoy a night out from my comfort zone xD
It wouldn't be until September at the earliest; I'm saving up money for The Brotherhood OPEN mid-August, by that I mean having plenty of money on-hand to enjoy my trip away, and then probably making sure my locals has a competent judge >.>
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Meanwhile the poverty-ridden, starving, thirsty, homeless, orphaned children in developing and poor nations are rolling around in filth, not complaining...
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

Phoenix King
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Phoenix King » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:10 pm

sgtc1 wrote:Meanwhile the poverty-ridden, starving, thirsty, homeless, orphaned children in developing and poor nations are rolling around in filth, not complaining...
It's quite tragic for them though..
Plus I don't think they have internet.
Deathbat Signature by DarkFireblaze3636
Galactic Conquest - A Story by Phoenix King
Galactic Desolation: A Guide to Photon and Galaxy's
Bakugan Battle Mania! - Witness the battle!
The only one...

LewieGee
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by LewieGee » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:00 pm

I've been banned from the local furmeets for the year, starting in February, when I called someone 'retarded' on Twitter
Cameron's britain
:oops:

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:28 am

Stress.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:29 am

sgtc1 wrote:Meanwhile the poverty-ridden, starving, thirsty, homeless, orphaned children in developing and poor nations are rolling around in filth, not complaining...
They don't complain because they don't know about the world outside of their mud baths and deathbeds; nice to see something relevant, pray to <insert your deity here> that you don't have any problems and I'm not around to say the same thing to you ;)

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:32 am

#SparksForGame wrote:
They don't complain because they don't know about the world outside of their mud baths and deathbeds; nice to see something relevant, pray to <insert your deity here> that you don't have any problems and I'm not around to say the same thing to you ;)
Wow
X X

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:35 am

#SparksForGame wrote:
They don't complain because they don't know about the world outside of their mud baths and deathbeds; nice to see something relevant, pray to <insert your deity here but I'm an atheist =(> that you don't have any problems and I'm not around to say the same thing to you ;)
Omg, bruh. On a scale of 1 to even, you can't even.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M