Why I can't love my country anymore

Need to rant? Looking for some opinions on how to resolve a problem. No politics or personal attacks here.
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:33 am

In America, we've entirely lost the concept of society. We stopped caring about our fellow man, because we stopped thinking about them. Sure, we'll help like any 'good person' in situations, but in policy and voting we get distracted and pushed off the issues.
Take gun control, for example.
Spoiler:
The issue ranges from people who want any and all guns to be given to every civilian at the time they turn 18 to people who never want another gun inside our borders.
However, when we try to find a compromise, both extremes scream so loud we can't focus on the center, and we forget who the majority is. The majority are people who want them and others to be safe. The goal is protection, for gun enthusiasts and gun dislikers. A fair compromise would be, in theory, to prevent those who will abuse the privilege of guns from possessing them. Especially the mental ill or criminally insane.
However, when that bill went to congress, it was shot down because it fell into the taboo category of 'gun control'.
This same mentality is pushed into every aspect of our lives. And when you have people who do not fit into the system, they are shunned to the outermost edges.
Our country has allowed its 2 party system to grind the once-great nation to a halt. And no one fixes this because to be honest, very few people love america anymore.
Oh, sure, you have people who have 'murican flags in their yards, they salute their veterans and support our military, they're all for freedom,
but that's not love for america. It's just loud patriotism.
To love america is to love that humans came together and built a society where the people who, for centuries, had been near the end of the totem pole, the common man, were on top of the pyramid. To love america is to love that humans decided, on July 4th, 1776, that we would no longer stand for tyranny or oppression, that we would dedicate the lives of every man, woman, and child in our borders to progress. To love america is to love that we are supposed to stand together and unite for the sake of not just ourselves, but for our neighbors, our friends, and our loved ones. To love america is to love that we are supposed to be one society, one people, one nation, united under whatever deity you want.
To Fight others for what they believe, to fight equality because you don't understand it, that is not the American way.
To restrict others based on your own choices, to restrict others based on your own religion, that is not the American way.
To vote and act on what you want and need, to vote on what will benefit you over what benefits the society, that is not the American way.
To Keep out others based on their stature, to accept in only the best of the world, that is not the American way.

The American way is to fight for others for what they believe, to fight for equality so you can understand it. To free others to make their own choices, to give them freedom for their religion as you have with yours. To vote and act on what your country needs, to vote on what will benefit all the people in your country best. To tell the world, "give us your poor, your huddled masses" so that we can make them the best, THAT is what America is meant to stand for.
And yet, how far we've fallen.
We are not a shining beacon of democracy and freedom.
We are a dirty warning of oligarchy and hatred.
This is not what we wanted.
Last edited by Wallaceman105 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Why I can't love my country anymore

Post by sgtc1 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:04 am

Spoiler:
Donald Trump.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:09 am

Isn't Trump going to make America great again? :roll:
X X

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:12 am

Donald Trump is literally the sum total of the complaints in my rant.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:08 pm

I don't know why you loved it in the first place, America has been [bleep] for years

Then Obama tried to do so much good for it, but his hands were tied by the ignorance of the population so he couldnt do much.

Concerning gun control, it's all bollucks. People who oppose background checks are just insane, it's not keeping anyone safe to get a gun from getting one, and doesn't give authorities any information about you they couldnt find already.
Last edited by Rowwdy Yisb on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right
Bye YCG, thanks for all the good times.

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Wasn't America formed by people who hated taxes or something
insert clever signature here

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:57 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Isn't Trump going to make America great again? :roll:
No way in hell. Everything he's suggesting would make America worse, however, America's already worse....
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Nash wrote:
No way in hell. Everything he's suggesting would make America worse, however, America's already worse....
Missing file: Sarcasm.zip

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:33 pm

When exactly was America great? When we massacred the native american indians and stole their land? When we forced africans to do our bidding, and then consistently continued to to deny them of their basic rights? Or when we gave almost no rights whatsoever to women? Or when we passed the Chinese exclusion act or when we imprisoned innocent Japanese citizens to internment camps over racist, irrational ideals during WWII? Or... when we nuked off two cities without giving explicit information about what we were going to do? Or when we had a "pride fight" with the soviet union that could have easily blown the world up tenfold. Or when we armed the same people that are now Isis? Or when we blamed innocent people for terrorism crimes and declared a fake war on the so called terrorism as an excuse to steal their oil? Or when we ignored and excused police brutality and let white propesters do as they want but black ones such as the black lives matters activist get arrested and tackled on by police? We could go on all day... Anywayzz, we're not supposed to talk about Politics and this thread is heavily leaning towards that.... so ya
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

HotRod
Super Rare Duelist

Post by HotRod » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:06 pm

You guys have raised some valid points but lets step back a moment and reconsider our perspective. America is a great country. We have achieved things that other countries can only dream of. If you focus only on the negatives of course it is going to look grim. Sure America isn't perfect but every country is messed up in some way, many even worse so than the US. Being honest I would rather live here than a whole helluva lot of other places around the world.
Submit to his will.

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:02 pm

HotRod wrote: every country is messed up in some way, many even worse so than the US.
No
HotRod wrote:Being honest I would rather live here than a whole helluva lot of other places around the world.
Yes, doesn't mean America doesnt make a lot of mistakes, they have just had the upper hand in resources and a good economy, learning the most used language in the world etc.

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Rowwdy Yisb wrote:
Nash wrote:
Missing file: Sarcasm.zip
Ik that was sarcasm, just felt like responding with that ;)
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:22 pm

That face when top quality banter/sarcasm goes unnoticed.
X X

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 pm

HotRod wrote:We have achieved things that other countries can only dream of.
Most of those things were infrastructure, manufacturing, or technological things that other countries matched and surpassed us in decades ago, like our decrepit power grid, or our now dead-in-the-water automotive industry.
HotRod wrote:Sure America isn't perfect but every country is messed up in some way, many even worse so than the US.
Yeah, and kids are starving in Africa, but you don't see me eating my crust on wheat bread. We live in a 1st world country, so let's focus on making it a successful one, not just accepting it.
HotRod wrote:Being honest I would rather live here than a whole helluva lot of other places around the world.
That is a horrible argument for not wanting to discuss issues.

sgtc1 wrote:Anywayzz, we're not supposed to talk about Politics and this thread is heavily leaning towards that.... so ya
Mystic and Admin are fine with it as long as we don't get personal/attacking.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:

Star08
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Star08 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:01 am

Everyone has made some good points, but it is worth pointing out that not one person or country can truly say they have not made a mistake once in there life. Just because a county has done something bad or is doing something bad right now does not mean that they will always be like that or that we should only focus on the bad times/things.
Signature by Zanrith

thank you to stardust for the great sig and mystic for the avatar
DN name star07
PM for a duel