Dear Early Adopter Pre-Order People

Need to rant? Looking for some opinions on how to resolve a problem. No politics or personal attacks here.
sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Dear Early Adopter Pre-Order People

Post by sgtc1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:29 am

People are stupid.
/EndThread.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:12 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
MysticJhn wrote: Thanksgiving, the one good holiday the US has that isn't religious-based so there's no section of society that protests it existance,
and it's being destroyed by violent consumerism.
Surely native American Indians and other groups protest it though, right? Not from a religious stand point of course.
Not really, lived on a reservation for a few years. And honestly, they seemed to be more into it that most.

But that was a rather small sample size (my neighbors)
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

Breese97
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Breese97 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:50 am

I preorder games because some of them come with preorder gifts and they automatically download at midnight so when I want to play it the next day its already downloaded.
"Cool, I didn't know there were any level 9 synchros." ~EatmyGods

*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:22 pm

I'm somewhat against the idea of pre-order gifts personally.
For one, I think everyone should be getting the same game since everyone paid the same price for it.
If it's a multiplayer game, even people who don't pre-order have to have that item in the code anyway for it to function in game.
That's along the same line as the old Day 1 DLC which is doing nothing but unlocking something already shipped with the game.
That's a whole different can of worms.

If we're talking a physical gift given to you for pre-ordering, that's just as much of a scam.
So instead of spending your $60 on making the game better, you got some cheap tat with it?
The money it costs them to make that stuff is paid for by the free advertising you're giving them
wearing their t-shirt or hat or showing people your keychain or poster or whatever.
It's just promotional giveaways, the same stuff kids would send out for in the days before pre-ordering and online ordering.
It's free!... as long as you pay shipping & handling.
Besides, with everyone pre-ordering, it's not even special stuff. It's the same stuff everyone else has.

I can't argue a game downloading while you sleep, that is nice and beneficial, it just isn't that important.
"Patience is a virtue" as the old saying goes.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by jwestbro11 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:26 am

Thanks zan for the info I have been comptiplating buying no mans sky.

Pre orders are a good idea in Theory. Getting something you want garenteed is a good thing but in prActice it is just better to wait. Will probably pre order the,nx but that,is about it.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:05 am

It's funny how this thread has leaned more towards discussing pre-orders.
I originally wrote this thread more in mock of people waiting in line for the new iPhone 7 on the news.
Yeah, they were waiting because the store only had pre-orders in, but the people waiting in line
already new that the stores didn't have the phones in stock because they only had pre-orders.

Just makes me wonder how we, as a society, care so much about having the newest tech that we'll literally
sit outside a store in hopes of getting it first.
If you don't make your living writing tech blogs or doing tech reviews on YouTube, it's such a waste of time.
What are you going to do with it? Brag about it to your friends who probably don't give a rat's behind? That makes you a jerk.
And then, in a week or two, they'll probably upgrade their phone anyway, so then you were a jerk for no reason.
All you can really do with it is take your terrible selfie or lame snapchat in slightly more megapixels.
The increase of megapixels is wholly worthless because people are only looking at your picture on their phone anyway.
Unless you super zoom in on a photo, it's not making a considerable difference.
It's not like you're printing this picture on a 18x24 inch size poster (if at all, really), so your old phone's camera was perfectly fine.
It's actual functions as a phone haven't improved, and your old headphones no longer work.

All you sat in line for was to brag to your friends like a jerk about the bigger numbers on the box.
Congrats, you know what number is bigger than the other.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!