Questions about YVD

Tired of the meta? Wishing for a tier 3 land of equality? Join us here and do more than just make your cards, play duels with them as well as your fellow YCGers created cards. Yes this is your portal to that freedom. Now get your game on.
Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Questions about YVD

Post by Promo06 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:27 am

So, its sort of a uh, big issue I suppose.

I downloaded YVD everything went perfect, downloaded Revolution everything went perfect.

I built my deck, everything went perfect.

When I went to go duel (you can duel without actually dueling someone else). It only registered 26 out of 41 cards in my deck. I was using Darkael and it didn't register any of them however it registered other monsters in my deck (Shadowfiend Urz)

Also, I don't have an Extra Deck. The Xyz monster for Darkael was (I'm presuming) put in the main deck.

Anyone have any advice, tips, or help?
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

Promo06 - Dueling Network ID
FinalEquin0x - Pokemon Showdown ID

PM me if you ever want to duel or battle.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Questions about YVD

Post by The Stranger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:58 am

That's strange, I managed to reproduce it on my end so I'm looking into this right now. Hopefully we can sort this out by Sunday.
Unfortunately it does seem like a YVD problem and not something on our end, though.
This is how the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:09 pm

As an update, it looks like it has something to do with the program hating specific characters. It's really, really weird.
So far I've replaced the combined ae character in darkael with a seperate ae, and that has worked in some cases. I also deleted the exclamation point in "what a great investment!" and that fixed its problem. I'll be working on fixing this stuff today.

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:32 pm

The Stranger wrote:As an update, it looks like it has something to do with the program hating specific characters. It's really, really weird.
So far I've replaced the combined ae character in darkael with a seperate ae, and that has worked in some cases. I also deleted the exclamation point in "what a great investment!" and that fixed its problem. I'll be working on fixing this stuff today.
I was thinking it might be the combined ae. All the cards that worked didn't have it.

Well, glad we got this ironed out now.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Promo06 wrote:So, its sort of a uh, big issue I suppose.

I downloaded YVD everything went perfect, downloaded Revolution everything went perfect.

I built my deck, everything went perfect.

When I went to go duel (you can duel without actually dueling someone else). It only registered 26 out of 41 cards in my deck. I was using Darkael and it didn't register any of them however it registered other monsters in my deck (Shadowfiend Urz)

Also, I don't have an Extra Deck. The Xyz monster for Darkael was (I'm presuming) put in the main deck.

Anyone have any advice, tips, or help?

just to be clear, Extra deck monster are just thrown in the list with everything else. But they are in the extra deck, at the bottom there should be a list (Monsters > Rituals > Spells > Traps > Extra/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz) I can't recall the exact order, its been a while. need to redownload YVD myself :roll:
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Promo06 wrote:
The Stranger wrote:As an update, it looks like it has something to do with the program hating specific characters. It's really, really weird.
I was thinking it might be the combined ae. All the cards that worked didn't have it.

Well, glad we got this ironed out now.
It's still not fixed.
The combined ae switch fixed the spell and trap cards. For some reason, it didn't fix the monters. They still fail to show up.
Lord dragon wrote:just to be clear, Extra deck monster are just thrown in the list with everything else. But they are in the extra deck, at the bottom there should be a list (Monsters > Rituals > Spells > Traps > Extra/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz) I can't recall the exact order, its been a while. need to redownload YVD myself :roll:
No, this is a real problem.
The deck will be perfectly fine in the building part, but when you go into duel mode it just doesn't add some of them.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Okay, I fixed the set. There were a lot more cards that had bad characters in them.
For whatever reason, the set file really only works when there are only alphanumeric characters, commas and apostrophes in the card name. I have no idea why, just go with it.
You're going to need to redownload.

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:28 pm

sadness