Card Submission Guidelines (READ BEFORE SUBMITTING ANYTHING)

Submit your cards here to have them added to "The Revolution."
The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Card Submission Guidelines (READ BEFORE SUBMITTING ANYTHING)

Post by The Stranger » Thu May 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Balance Rules:

Basic Rules: These must be followed at all times! (These rules are not for balance, but simply because breaking them creates an archetype that is NOT fun for your opponent to play against.)
1.) No decks that use any of these as their primary win condition: OTK, Stall, Burn, Draw, or Instant Win Cards.
2.) No cards that may not be negated
3.) Cards that look into your opponent's hand may not also pick a card to discard.

Not-so-basic Rules: All of these rules can be bypassed by making a card more situational, slow, etc. These are just general guidelines on balance.
1.) Nothing that would make you:
>End with more than 1 additional monster on the field than before.
>Produce more than a +1 in advantage
>Get rid of more than 2 of your opponent's cards

2.) You should have to put a considerable amount of effort into summoning your more powerful monsters. If you can summon a monster in one turn he shouldn't be much better than any normal summoned level 4 would be.
Last edited by The Stranger on Sun May 26, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is how the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Card Submission Guidelines (READ BEFORE SUBMITTING ANYTH

Post by The Stranger » Thu May 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Wording Rules:
For the most part, please just try to make sense. If your wording isn't exactly like konami's standardizations, as long as it's very clear what, precisely, it's supposed to do, and you're willing to clear up any strange rulings that could occur, your wording is probably fine. I'm not going to go through every card and be selective about what is and what isn't up to standard. However, there are still a few rules you must follow. Here is the list:

1.)WE WILL NOT ACCEPT CARDS WITHOUT PROPER GRAMMAR.
Please take the 30 seconds to use spell check and read over your cards a couple of times and make sure you don't sound stupid! Not only that, but I will not correct your card. I'll just say "Incorrect Grammar" and you get to fix it, I'm not gonna clean up every card you submit. So please, double check your cards for grammar.

2.) Contact Fusions have several rules.
For one, they are a separate category of fusion. So they would read [Type]/Fusion/Contact, similar to synchro tuners. On the first line of a contact fusion, please include this:
[Material 1] + [Material 2], [Method of Fusion].
Where the "Method of Fusion" is the thing that happens to those materials to summon the monster, such as banishing them or sending them to the graveyard. For example:
Gladiator Beast Gyzarus Dark Level 6
Winged-Beast/Fusion/Contact 2400/1500
"Gladiator Beast Bestiari" + 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster, Shuffle into the Deck.
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target up to 2 cards on the field; destroy those targets. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Bestiari".
3.) Piercing effects do not need a big blurb about how they inflict damage. Just put "Inflicts Piercing Damage." At the end of your card effect.
4.) Ritual Cards should not list their Ritual Spell Card.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Thu May 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Other Stuff:

1.) Any "Boss" monster you create should have some sort of built in protection. This protection could be floating, negation or a simple "once per turn this card cannot be destroyed" clause, but make sure that it's there. This is so Boss monsters don't feel flimsy- they should feel powerful, and your opponent shouldn't be able to defeat them without losing advantage or using an involved combo. As I said to doom, if you're going to put the resources into the monster he should feel like godzilla attacking tokyo, with your player's cards being the military endlessly shooting missiles at him to no effect.

These rules are subject to changes if the need arises. If I change them, I will post a list of changes in this thread. Also, if you have any changes you would like added, or you have a question about the list, leave them in a comment.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Thu May 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Should we add archetypes or single standalone cards? Or both :o

So there's two threads... one for the submission and another for the discussion.
dedoombringer wrote:This is your initial place to place your card ideas you have. We will discuss and finalize here before placing them in the other thread for completed cards. Just like there I ask you to keep it to 5 cards per submission. Have fun.
By "other thread" does that mean the submission thread? Shouldn't the discussion be for the discussion of the completed set?
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

mastermew
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by mastermew » Thu May 23, 2013 7:32 pm

just add the whole blacking archtype, they seem to follow all the rules anyway
praise the almighty helix
dn: mastermew00

einstein
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by einstein » Thu May 23, 2013 8:21 pm

The Stranger wrote:Wording Rules:
For the most part, please just try to make sense. If your wording isn't exactly like konami's standardizations, as long as it's very clear what, precisely, it's supposed to do, and you're willing to clear up any strange rulings that could occur, your wording is probably fine. I'm not going to go through every card and be [censored] about what is and what isn't up to standard. However, there are still a few rules you must follow. Here is the list:
May I be in charge of PSCTing cards? :mrgreen:
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

The more you observe, the less you assume.

Reading is fundamental.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Thu May 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Doesn't rule 3 seem a bit harsh?
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Thu May 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Phazed wrote:Should we add archetypes or single standalone cards? Or both :o
'
Whatever you want, there's going to be a limit to how much archetype-specific support you can put in each set, but the rest is up to you.
Phazed wrote:By "other thread" does that mean the submission thread? Shouldn't the discussion be for the discussion of the completed set?
No, the discussion is where you put your submissions and then people approve/veto them until they're ready.
The set submission threads are basically just a neat way of listing the cards in a set.
einstein wrote: May I be in charge of PSCTing cards? :mrgreen:
If you're good at it and you really want to, sure I guess.
It doesn't really bug me that much, but it would be nice to have them uniform.
mastermew wrote:just add the whole blacking archtype, they seem to follow all the rules anyway
Definitely not letting anyone do that. Plus Blizzard, Bora, Shura, Gale and Vayu all break balance rule 2, their synchros break design rule 1 and a ton of them break balance rule 3.
If you want blackwings, you're free to create new ones and structure the deck from scratch, but we're not going to import cards by the truckload.
Lord dragon wrote:Doesn't rule 3 seem a bit harsh?
I wanted the overall attack power of cards to go down so that it was much harder to OTK, and so that I could lengthen each game a bit, and this is the least obtrusive way to do it since the alternative is having people add ~2000 lifepoints to their total each time they start a duel.

Dark Jolteon
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dark Jolteon » Thu May 23, 2013 11:13 pm

The Stranger wrote:Balance Rules:

3.) Cards that look into your opponent's hand may not also pick a card to discard.
My favorite otk insurance <\3
DN: MetaFox
Wink;) wrote:Dark Jolteon,

I officially grant you the title of "Super Pro Cool-Guy at Yugioh"
Rise now as a Servant of the Realm

LewieGee
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by LewieGee » Fri May 24, 2013 3:58 pm

What are the rules on making cards which work with cards from other submitted sets?

For example, could cards be made of an "archetype" made by someone else? Or only archetypes that have been created already in a previous submitted set? I'm not sure whether such a limitation would be beneficial or not; obviously one can't claim "rights" to a card but changing the direction and play style of a set of cards someone else made might be somewhat flagrant, although I guess the veto and discussion audit would limit that.
:oops:

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Fri May 24, 2013 4:39 pm

If someone designs an archtype and someone else tries to change it them the original person who created the archtype would carry more say because it is his/her creation. Actually wer want everyone to help with every aspect but wer also want to encourage more to join.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Fri May 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Dark Jolteon wrote:
The Stranger wrote:Balance Rules:

My favorite otk insurance <\3
There's this rule, 2 lines above that.
It makes you sound silly.
LewieGee wrote:What are the rules on making cards which work with cards from other submitted sets?

For example, could cards be made of an "archetype" made by someone else? Or only archetypes that have been created already in a previous submitted set? I'm not sure whether such a limitation would be beneficial or not; obviously one can't claim "rights" to a card but changing the direction and play style of a set of cards someone else made might be somewhat flagrant, although I guess the veto and discussion audit would limit that.
I actually thought about this and, while there aren't any specific rules against it, if the original creator catches them, or if anyone else notices the problem, they can certainly veto them if they're that bad. If they come back later to see if someone has screwed with their archetype, well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it really. I can't imagine the new cards being all that horrible in this situation considering no one else felt the need to stop whoever made them.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Sat May 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Do you guys agree that the ATK/DEF restrictions are too much?
I'll change them if I'm in the minority here.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Sat May 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Yeah. What if they're like Acid Golem? A big beatstick with a maintenance? something like that.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Sun May 26, 2013 2:43 am

Taking off the ATK/DEF rules. People seem to have kind of ignored them anyway.