Clan Wars Council

You, duelist, have chosen to be apart of the clan wars on YCG.
Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Clan Wars Council

Post by Zanrith » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:22 pm

You can only post on here if you are a leader rank position in your clan. The purpose of this chat is to get our leaders together to discuss certain issues as they come up in the clan wars system.
Please keep this on-topic.
Last edited by Zanrith on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
insert clever signature here

Zanrith

Re: Clan Wars Council

Post by Zanrith » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Three issues pose the first meeting of the council.
Issue 1: Deck Limitations
This has come up a few times in the clan wars discussion and I intend to see what everyone thinks. Should each clan be limited to a certain type/archetype? Personally, I think it would not exactly be the most healthy for the wars themselves because it limits member's rights and playstyles. This is supposed to be something where friends can come together, but suppose they don't like playing with their friend's playstyles? On the flip side of that coin, some archetypes are far superior to others, and then it's not fair to everyone who wants to do a fun but not so powerful archetype. So what do we choose? This is the most important decision we need to make right now.

Issue 2: Banned cards?
When I had initially started work on the rules, I thought a banlist would be good for things that needed to be banned. Then someone pointed out that no matter what we did for the banlist, someone would always complain. In the end, in my opinion, it is easier to use the current banlist rather than create our own. However, we still could ban certain things, if everyone would be in favor of it. Things like Sixth Sense, Exodia, and other Alternative win conditions.

Issue 3: Post count / Time spent on forums to join a clan
Right now, you need to be on the forum for a month in order to join a clan. I have seen discussion about changing this, so as all the rules in the wars are, it is open to discussion and change. A proposed 25 post count and 2 week limit is seeming to be in favor.

I will be adding a poll with these 3 issues so anyone can vote on it, but you cannot post on here unless you are a clan leader.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:24 pm

1. I say as long as most (>50%) of the members are using the main condition of the clan it's ok.
2. I think if there is a problem deck (ie dragon rulers) we should add to a clan ban list
3. I dont think post count or time should matter because you never know who's friend/family has joined or even the possibility someone joined just to do the clan warfare because they think it will be fun

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:19 pm

1. There should be some sort of limitation. Maybe not as strict as the old clan wars were you deck had to be 70-80% of that type, but just so long as it fits in with the general theme of the clan. Like, I run machines, glitter runs dragons, Loki runs zombies, I thought Doom would be running spellcasters which didn't happen and I have no idea what Einsteins clan is doing. I don't know, it just doesn't seem to fair for the clans who have actually picked a type/theme.

2. If the first point is addressed, then I don't think we will have to worry about banning all alternate win conditions, but I do think it would be a good idea. Other then the obvious Exodia/Countdown/Burn decks, there isn't really much else I would change.

3. I think it's fine as is, as it stops people from joining a clan and then forgetting about the forums a week later. Although Doom raises a good point.

Something else I have been thinking about. There should be a way to determine a new members position in the clan that is explained in the rules somewhere. At the moment i'm just putting the people with the lower post counts lower down in the clan and it makes me feel bad.
X X

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:22 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Something else I have been thinking about. There should be a way to determine a new members position in the clan that is explained in the rules somewhere. At the moment i'm just putting the people with the lower post counts lower down in the clan and it makes me feel bad.
The original intention was for the clan leaders to judge each member by their experience and talents, then create a strategy depending on who they are battling so they can organize members into an effective team. I think the intentions would be good if they were explained.

Loki
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Loki » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:25 pm

EDITED read something wrong:

1. I thought it was part of the "clan wars" that there would be at least some limitation on the types of decks being used. If not as heavy as one archetype per clan, more a general style. I think there should be splashes of the clan type in the members decks though. Like Zombies could run Debris or LS but still tech in some zombies (as long as it's a meaningful amount not just one card to make it fit the rule). I also don't think imposing that limitation would hinder anyone's level of enjoyment of this. So what if your friend doesn't play the same style as you, then you get to duel against them and see who's better. Friendly rivalry.

2. I think the current Konami ban list is adequate enough to cover most concerns here with the few additions mentioned. Just as long as we don't go overboard with it.

3. I think the 25 post 2 week limit is perfect. It gives the joining person a buffer time when they join the site to get to know members and see what clan they would actually enjoy joining. If they just hop on and join up they might want to change and it could start to be hassle. There needs to be something here even if it's a week.

I was putting people at ranks based on post count as well. Maybe a joining member should have to duel the clan leader to join up so we could better judge.

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:44 am

I get that only leaders can post and that makes sense, but this does need to be stated.

If we make a custom banlist, everyone will have conflicting opinions on what needs to go and what needs to stay. One clan will get mad because their whatever will get hit harder then another clan's types and stuff.

Either have Deck Restrictions (Where everyone gets one type and plays off of Konami's list) or a Custom Banlist (You use said Custom Banlist and no Deck restrictions).

The only reason you can't have both is because of the following reason. When one team starts doing poorly because they think their type gets unfairly prosecuted by the custom ban list (face it, it will happen sooner or later). They will begin to take shots at the people creating the custom ban list. It will become bad.

This is why we can only have one or the other, that way the blame falls purely on yourself for either A) picking a bad "type" in the first situation or B) building a bad deck under the new ban list. This way you can't place direct blame on the list creator.

I personally think we should do the first one off of Konami's list, and ban the E-Drags. It seems to be the most fair and least time-consuming. Making our own Banlist would require, much time and resources.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

Promo06 - Dueling Network ID
FinalEquin0x - Pokemon Showdown ID

PM me if you ever want to duel or battle.

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:00 am

Promo06 wrote:If we make a custom banlist, everyone will have conflicting opinions on what needs to go and what needs to stay.
Promo06 wrote:I personally think we should do the first one off of Konami's list, and ban the E-Drags.
You're contradicting yourself here...

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:05 am

Stardust Dragon wrote:
Promo06 wrote:If we make a custom banlist, everyone will have conflicting opinions on what needs to go and what needs to stay.
Promo06 wrote:I personally think we should do the first one off of Konami's list, and ban the E-Drags.
You're contradicting yourself here...
I am quite aware.

But the E-Dragons are horribly broken.

Everyone should recognize this, I was hoping even the Dragon Clan would. However if that is not the case then so be it.

We don't need the E-Drags banned. Konami's list is still more viable then one we could create. It would require much time and bring much tension.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

Promo06 - Dueling Network ID
FinalEquin0x - Pokemon Showdown ID

PM me if you ever want to duel or battle.

Star08
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Star08 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:21 am

y can only leaders post
Signature by Zanrith

thank you to stardust for the great sig and mystic for the avatar
DN name star07
PM for a duel

Loki
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Loki » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:22 am

Star08 wrote:y can only leaders post
So we can come to a decision as leader of the clans without spam from everyone...

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:24 am

/facepalm

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:59 am

E-dragons are incredibly stupid and should be banned, the only people that thinks otherwise are the people using them.

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:24 pm

dedoombringer wrote:E-dragons are incredibly stupid and should be banned, the only people that thinks otherwise are the people using them.
X X

Loki
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Loki » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 pm

While I agree they are really annoying to play against (I don't think I've actually won a match against them), they will eventually get hit by the ban list on their own we don't need to speed up that process. This is the problem with having our own banlist.