Reboot

You, duelist, have chosen to be apart of the clan wars on YCG.
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Reboot

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:54 pm

This is a new version of the Clan Wars, but different. Instead of the usual clans, we have the Red Clan, the Blue Clan, and the Green Clan
The rules are simple:
Each clan member can challenge any other member of another clan to a duel. This duel should have a screenshot of the ending. Each victory, match or single, counts as 1 Point. Every month, the head(s) of each clan will meet with the other clan heads, and decide together on the modifications to the Konami banlist that will make the war's banlist. Each group gets 1 change to submit, and 1 vote (yes or no) on each change. These changes can be single cards or an entire archetype. Their goal is to give the war a diverse, healthy meta.
Each clan gets to make its own leadership system/internal rules.

Red Clan

Blue Clan

Green Clan
Wallaceman105

I hope you guys join this, even if only to give it a shot and say, "Eh, why not?"

1st List Discussion is on July 30th
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Reboot

Post by Zanrith » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:21 pm

So you're literally doing exactly what I started, and are calling it different by not allowing people to form their own clans and are forcing them to stick with terribad clan names. If you are going to go with a clan war, try fixing what was wrong with the old system in the first place, fix it, and then maintain it with an active userbase. And with "20 active members", that is not going to happen.
Sorry Brah.

I wish this could work, and I tried to make it work back when I came up with the idea with ants, and it did work for a long time.
Then we had intense disputes when I tried to reform everything, several people left the forum and some threatened to (myself included), and the rest is history.

I have tried to make it work multiple times since it was "over" and could not get enough interest in it. I hate to say it, but it won't happen because it can't happen right now.

I also think, no offense, that you won't be running it as a very well-planned tournament in the first place.
insert clever signature here

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:53 pm

Zanrith wrote: with "20 active members", that is not going to happen.
This^^

I also think, no offense, that you won't be running it as a very well-planned tournament in the first place.
Also no offense, but this^^
Maybe u should try to make your own independent mini-one's as practice first... but there are so few people here that well gl with that.
Sorry Wallace but Zanrith already beat me to the punch in describing the reality of the situation. This would all be good and dandy if we could get the forum booming again. :(
And then we could just try it again. Hopefully more trouble wont arise....
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:42 pm

sgtc1 wrote:
Zanrith wrote: with "20 active members", that is not going to happen.
This^^

Also no offense, but this^^
Maybe u should try to make your own independent mini-one's as practice first... but there are so few people here that well gl with that.
Sorry Wallace but Zanrith already beat me to the punch in describing the reality of the situation. This would all be good and dandy if we could get the forum booming again. :(
And then we could just try it again. Hopefully more trouble wont arise....
*sighs*
Yeah, I figured.
Alas, you're both right on both accounts, but I would at least like to explain my logic in this.

I made it a set number of clans so that instead of rising and falling clans, we would have 3 clans constantly struggling for power (Like the Game of War: Fire Age ads, lol), which I thought might be a bit more exciting. And the names could have been changed later on, leading to my other reason: The clans would, over time, have developed a personality, nickname, theme, etc, instead of people rallying behind someone like clans MOON and DOOM.

The point of the 3 modifications was so that, if the people were intelligent, they could decide, "Hey, Nekroz is a heap of retarded, broken-a$$ bull$h!t, so let's all agree not to use it. Also, X card is crucial to some ridiculous OTKs, let's ban it. Plus, Z card would make Z deck more fun, and wouldn't hurt our meta. Let's bring it to 1." Basically, they could make another format, but by reducing the amount of customization, it would reduce the amount of bickering that might ensue. Less to decide means less to argue.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Less to decide means to put the power into the hand of a single person, which nobody wants.
And let's be real here, nobody wants to agree on a banlist, which is why it was never added to the clan wars in the first place, as proven by YCG.

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Zanrith wrote:Less to decide means to put the power into the hand of a single person, which nobody wants.
Well actually 3 people. In fact, depending on the leadership styles that each clan makes, it could be more than 3 people. Heck, A clan could do it through direct democracy. That's why I left the internal structure of the clans entirely up to them.
And let's be real here, nobody wants to agree on a banlist, which is why it was never added to the clan wars in the first place, as proven by YCG.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:

moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by moonsaber » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Well I had a long post written out but my phone. Died.

Tldr; ycg doesnt have enough activity but if we did try to make this work a battle city style format with a leaderboard that follows current format restrictions would be our best shot.
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:04 pm

But you never even told us that the clans could have more than a single person! Or direct democracy!
This is why you need to clarify the rules more!

Edit: Moonsaber is ur name akali? Cuz I didnt see that ninja coming for me

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:07 pm

moonsaber wrote:Well I had a long post written out but my phone. Died.

Tldr; ycg doesnt have enough activity but if we did try to make this work a battle city style format with a leaderboard that follows current format restrictions would be our best shot.
Was not expecting an encouraging post from moon. :shock:
Zanrith wrote:But you never even told us that the clans could have more than a single person! Or direct democracy!
Wallaceman105 wrote:Every month, the head(s) of each clan...
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:07 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:But you never even told us that the clans could have more than a single person! Or direct democracy!
Wallaceman105 wrote:Every month, the head(s) of each clan...
But you never even mentioned direct democracy...

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Plural can be any number over 1.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:

moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by moonsaber » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Clearly defined structure is the most important thing in determining whether this will be a success. If you can define the structure better I will consoder giving it a shot.

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:Plural can be any number over 1.
Clarification can be described in a few words as well, but who needs words? Just putting (s) on things is clarification enough!
-Wallaceman 2k15

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:13 pm

moonsaber wrote:Clearly defined structure is the most important thing in determining whether this will be a success. If you can define the structure better I will consoder giving it a shot.
:shock: Who are you and what did you do with moonsaber?
Also, i'll work on it later tonight.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:

moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by moonsaber » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Clearly defined structure is the most important thing in determining whether this will be a success. If you can define the structure better I will consoder giving it a shot.
:shock: Who are you and what did you do with moonsaber?
Also, i'll work on it later tonight.
If you look back on my posting history you will see that I used to be extremely constructive but since everyone ignored my advice I decided to take a more cynical approach to the forum.