Duel Links General Discussion

A great place to discuss Konami's new game, "Duel Links" and other Yu-Gi-Oh! mobile games and apps.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Duel Links General Discussion

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:43 am

The next Main Box has been announced for December 31st, and its name is Revolution Beginning.
"Mystic, that doesn't sound like Black Rose Dragon," you might say to me, and you'd be right.
It doesn't.
They seem to be skipping out on Black Rose Dragon for now, and ruining their releases of all the Signer Dragons.
So much for predictability.
How much you want to bet they are afraid of releasing it for general use and forcing you to use Akiza's skill for it,
making it totally nerfed as a usable card since it removes your ability to use a good skill while adding useless plants to every deck.

Revolution Beginning will be focused on Fableds and Karakuri with Iron Chain sprinkled in for laughs.
The remainder is filled in with some Genex support, Crashbugs, and random nonsense.
Oddly, the cover card and main UR is Junk Destroyer.

Your Ultra Rares are...
Junk Destroyer
Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Ancient Sacred Wyvern
Underworld Fighter Balmung
The Fabled Cerburrel
Fabled Grimro
Doomcaliber Knight
Miracle Fusion
Shrink
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Duel Links General Discussion

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:47 am

It's Mini-Box time once again and...

TORNADO OF PHANTOMS!
January 24th... tommorrow!

It's not all that exciting, really, and once again they refuse to give us Black Rose Dragon or Red Dragon Archfiend.
The cover card is Elemental HERO Great Tornado.
Exciting? *shrugs*

Your other Ultra Rares are Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherwolf and Pilica, Descendant of Gusto.
Is anyone playing Mecha Phantom Beasts really?
Is Gusto at all interesting?

This whole box feels rather lackluster.
It has Rainbow Overdragon in it, but just like the real game, who's going to play it?
Does Jesse's skill actually make this card playable? I know he has a skill that dumps a lot of Crystal Beasts into the grave,
and there is Rainbow Path to bring out Rainbow Dragon to swap out for Rainbow Overdragon, but still.

The rest of the pack has a few bits and pieces for Mecha Phantom Beasts, Gusto, and Mist Valley.
It has all the Symphonic Warrior cards except the Pendulum one for obvious reasons, but nothing else of real interest.
Personally I went "meh" at the whole box.
I'll collect them all for collection sake, but I'm not sure I'll actually use anything from this box.
Maybe try out Symphonic Warriors for the heck of it? *shrugs again*

I can't even collect gems fast enough to finish buying the current main box, nevermind this one,
and never mind the structure decks I still haven't purchased, and never mind my attempt to collect all
the pre-Synchro boxes I was working on before Synchros hit.

Meh again on Tornado of Phantoms.
I wish it had ANYTHING in it for me to feel excited about.
I don't even have any random singles in it I really need/want.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!