Duel Links General Discussion

A great place to discuss Konami's new game, "Duel Links" and other Yu-Gi-Oh! mobile games and apps.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Duel Links General Discussion

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:43 am

The next Main Box has been announced for December 31st, and its name is Revolution Beginning.
"Mystic, that doesn't sound like Black Rose Dragon," you might say to me, and you'd be right.
It doesn't.
They seem to be skipping out on Black Rose Dragon for now, and ruining their releases of all the Signer Dragons.
So much for predictability.
How much you want to bet they are afraid of releasing it for general use and forcing you to use Akiza's skill for it,
making it totally nerfed as a usable card since it removes your ability to use a good skill while adding useless plants to every deck.

Revolution Beginning will be focused on Fableds and Karakuri with Iron Chain sprinkled in for laughs.
The remainder is filled in with some Genex support, Crashbugs, and random nonsense.
Oddly, the cover card and main UR is Junk Destroyer.

Your Ultra Rares are...
Junk Destroyer
Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Ancient Sacred Wyvern
Underworld Fighter Balmung
The Fabled Cerburrel
Fabled Grimro
Doomcaliber Knight
Miracle Fusion
Shrink
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:47 am

It's Mini-Box time once again and...

TORNADO OF PHANTOMS!
January 24th... tommorrow!

It's not all that exciting, really, and once again they refuse to give us Black Rose Dragon or Red Dragon Archfiend.
The cover card is Elemental HERO Great Tornado.
Exciting? *shrugs*

Your other Ultra Rares are Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherwolf and Pilica, Descendant of Gusto.
Is anyone playing Mecha Phantom Beasts really?
Is Gusto at all interesting?

This whole box feels rather lackluster.
It has Rainbow Overdragon in it, but just like the real game, who's going to play it?
Does Jesse's skill actually make this card playable? I know he has a skill that dumps a lot of Crystal Beasts into the grave,
and there is Rainbow Path to bring out Rainbow Dragon to swap out for Rainbow Overdragon, but still.

The rest of the pack has a few bits and pieces for Mecha Phantom Beasts, Gusto, and Mist Valley.
It has all the Symphonic Warrior cards except the Pendulum one for obvious reasons, but nothing else of real interest.
Personally I went "meh" at the whole box.
I'll collect them all for collection sake, but I'm not sure I'll actually use anything from this box.
Maybe try out Symphonic Warriors for the heck of it? *shrugs again*

I can't even collect gems fast enough to finish buying the current main box, nevermind this one,
and never mind the structure decks I still haven't purchased, and never mind my attempt to collect all
the pre-Synchro boxes I was working on before Synchros hit.

Meh again on Tornado of Phantoms.
I wish it had ANYTHING in it for me to feel excited about.
I don't even have any random singles in it I really need/want.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:30 pm

New Main BOX coming up tommorrow!
#18 will be "Absolute Inferno".

Your UR cover card is Red Dragon Archfiend!
The 4th of the 5 Signer Dragons.
I find it funny it's still not Black Rose Dragon.
They are really afraid of that card for some reason, even though they have added much more broken cards.
Would Black Rose Dragon's field nuke ability really be broken in Duel Links?

All the same, this set involves support for Red Dragon Archfiend, Lavals, Fire Fist, and Cerulean Sacred Phoenix of Nepthys.
The other support includes generic FIRE support, and Jack Atlas' Dragon monsters.

I finally get to have Alexandrite Dragon.

Oddly listed is "Flamvell Dragnov", which is weird because that card is already available.
It was given to us in a much earlier box, and I already have 3 of them.

Is this a sign that they are re-releasing cards from older sets?
Or is it they just wanted to add some Flamvells and forgot they already had that one?
I just looked and Neo Flamvell Shaman is also being re-released.
A couple of Laval cards are being re-released as well.
What are they thinking, filling the new box with repeat spam?

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:34 pm

They are hoping no body notices? Also i hope that means the next mini box has black rose so i can finally own it

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:23 am

Yeah, I hate having to use Akiza's skill for it.
That being said, Akiza's Summon animation for Black Rose Dragon is one of my favorite of the signature card animations.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:07 pm

New mini box and no black rose :(

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:13 pm

New mini box?!
Jeez, how am I supposed to collect all these cards?
I haven't even collected all of the current box!
There is no way I could have enough gems to buy it all.

What is with them rushing all these events and things lately?
The Hassleberry event that just passed I didn't complete, there was FAR too much going on for me to do it all.
There was multiple different versions of Hassleberry to duel and I swear this was even shorter of an event as the usual special character.
I didn't even SEE Hassleberry enough to Play 30 duels with him or 60 duels with him.
At the same time there's been a Train Your Kuriboh.
At the same time as all that they have the Duel-A-Thon going on, and this Duel-A-Thon has more to it than it used to.
Even the daily reward has 6 rewards instead of the usual 5, and the cumulative has 14!
Now the Battle City Chronicles is back and they still have the Kuriboh and Dual-A-Thon events going!

What is going on with duel links that they are shoving more content at us than anyone could reasonably play in a day?
PLUS the packs are crazy close together.
I'm trying to be a completionist with these packs and collecting all the cards and it's literally impossible.
There is no way to grind all this stuff and still have a life outside of Duel Links.
When I first started this game, packs did not come out so fast, and all these events were separate.
You'd never have a duel-a-thon while another event was going on.

Is anyone seriously playing this game so much they can 100% complete all of this stuff?
How many hours would you need to play this single game and do nothing else in your life to get it all?

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:44 pm

It’s not out yet sorry it just leaked out but you’re right they are piling events ot top of each other haven’t felt like playing in a while and i only log in for the daily reward they need to take a step back and get on a good schedule again the only event i’ve felt like playing in the last few months was the dark RPG because it felt like i was accomplishing something in it without needing to grind it out and they need to add a better single player mode too

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 am

New Main Box!
Yes, that's right, less than a month after the last Mini Box, and slightly over a month since the last Main Box, there will be a new Main Box.
Konami has lost their minds, as there is NO WAY we could keep up with these just by grinding gems.
Heck, I've not even collected all the cards in the Absolute Inferno, never even mind Dimenson of the Wizards.
I guess my quest to complete all the pre-5Ds era packs is dead in the water, I cannot catch up.
Way to turn a fun, free Yu-Gi-Oh game into a pay-to-win game. *sigh*

Anyway, the new Main Box is "Rise of the Black Rose!"
Alright, kidding, they'll never give us Black Rose Dragon.
The new main box is "Warriors Unite", and it comes out March 31st.

Your cover card is Road Warrior.
The other Ultra Rares include Scrap Twin Dragon, Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En, Quickdraw Synchron, Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan, Mobius the Frost Monarch, Scrap Factory, Shuffle Reborn, and Herald of the Abyss.

This set mainly focuses on the Legendary Six Samurai and Ally of Justice with Jurracs and Scrap.
Sadly this doesn't include Catastor, the only Ally of Justice I'd really want. Instead you get Field Marshal and Decisive Armor.

Other notable cards are Quillbolt Hedgehog, Burial from a Different Dimension, Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine, and the Deskbots (skipping the Synchro and Pendulum ones).

crimson wolf
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by crimson wolf » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:23 pm

When could we get new info on new Jack Atlas skill?
somebody wrote: Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour , or for a day or even a year. But eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. But if I quit however, it will last forever.

SG Life
Common Duelist

Post by SG Life » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:24 pm

I would love to help any new comers to the duel links world of possible you could join my discord communtiy for me to further help you, its new but hopefully growning got several members alrdy that would help as well, add me SG Life#9474 see you there