Duel Links General Discussion

A great place to discuss Konami's new game, "Duel Links" and other Yu-Gi-Oh! mobile games and apps.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Duel Links General Discussion

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Mini-Box 15 is out!
Power of Bravery.

Much confusion on my part, because it's the 15th mini-box, yet we haven't had a 14th.
Will they go backwards now to add a 14th mini-box that has no Synchros, or leave the 14th min-box empty?
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Next pack has already been announced.
It's a Main Box (#16) called "Blackstorm Rising"
I'll give you a few seconds to guess what its main cards are...
Yup, they are Dragunity! Yay!

lol, Kidding, the cover card is Black-Winged Dragon and we FINALLY have Blackwings that aren't terrible.
Seriously, any cards Crow can get with leveling and those you can earn from dueling him are terrible.
So many Tribute Level monsters with no reasonable way to get them out, and worse yet, the Tuners are Level 5.
Anyone who's tried to build a Blackwing Deck for Crow has suffered.

The main archetypes are Blackwings (of course), Dragunity, and Reptillianne.
There is also support for Harpies (including Queen and Harpie's Hunting Ground without a skill), Bujinji, and a few Gladiator Beasts (Gaiodiaz).
Interesting cards include Dark Horus, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Sakuretsu, Cards of Consonance, and Soul Release.

What bugs me, though, and it's sort of nit picky, is that this seems to indicate we'll never get a 14th mini-box.
The slot next to Gaia Genesis will be forever empty, forever marking the point we switched to Synchro Summons.

The next box lands on November 11th.
Save up now.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 am

Yeah the missing mini box is bothering me to as for the box the only things i want are the harpies and breaker nevee been a fan of blackwings and this gives me hope that the next mini has black rose dragon

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Is it just me, or did they not release the box today?
I've been checking all day, and no box.
The announcement still says Nov. 11, so I'm wondering where it is.
I desperately need to buy some Blackwings.
My version of Crow is playing mostly Harpies because that's really the only other real Winged Beast archetype there is.
I could really use some actually useful Blackwings; my Harpies are not good.

EDIT: lol, Checked again no more than a minute after writing this post, and suddenly the box has been delivered.
I guess the Duel Links Admin heard me complain. :P

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:44 pm

I wasted all my gems and only got one harpy queen and hunting ground :(

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:20 pm

I forced myself not to spend gems on older packs and then between the 500 bonus, the 100 I had saved from leveling up, and all the Duel Quizzez, plus the current event, I had 800 to spend.
I had gotten a couple Blackwings (but still need more) including Armed Wing, I thik a pair of Ultra Rares, and filler.
The Blackwings are interesting to me right now, because when they first came out I didn't play them.
I was constantly trying to make Blue-Eyes good back then since it was still mediocre at best at the time with very limited support, and they were too fast for me.
I did fiddle with them once for fun, mostly to see if I couldn't shove Blue-Eyes into it (my so-called Whitewings), but nothing came of it.
However, with this new booster, I may have to revisit that idea.
Dragunities have a lot of Synchros in this box. More Synchros than anything else uses, and they all require Dragon Tuners and Winged Beast non-Tuners.
That says to me I have an avenue I never saw before where I can use White Stone of Legend and Blackwings to make Dragunity Synchros.
The only problem really is A) What to do with the Dragunity Synchros once I get them other than use them as beatsticks, and B) What about my Blue-Eyes when White Stone's effect goes off and it brings it to my hand? Blackwings have no use for it, and the other Blue-Eyes support would be in the way.
If I can fill in those two holes in this deck, I might try it (I'll probably try it anyway).
If Blackwings had any Level 5+ Normal Monsters, I would plug in some Ancient Rules, but they don't.
What can I fit in that works with DARK or Winged Beast monsters and Blue-Eyes? Blue-Eyes is dead in my hand since i'm using White Stone for Dragunities.
It's something to worry about after I've collected enough cards from this set, and right now I can barely make a Blackwing deck.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Out of spite i sold all my draginity monaters in the card trader because the deck looks interesting but it’s not for me

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:14 pm

If we could trade in the game i’d trade you all my blackwings because i have mo use for then

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:47 am

I'm doing pretty good with collecting Blackwings, and my Blackwing deck is playable now.

That is one feature that is odd doesn't exist in Duel Links.
It's a TRADING card game, and there's no trading, not even with friends.
That recent Duel Quest event seemingly tried to promote making friends, as it helped with getting points,
but there's no reason to maintain any friends after the event.
People would randomly send me friend requests during that event, but I dropped them all once it ended.
I had no incentive to keep them after it, and even during the event you'd get random gifts from non-friends anyway.
The less-than-a-handful of bonus points the event gives you wasn't enough. You'd need like 10-20 friends for them to matter.

Duel links in general doesn't do much to promote PvP in general.
Unless you know another player irl, friends don't really matter.
There's no trading.
The chats are nothing but gem selling spam with no moderation whatsoever.
Duel Links doesn't seem to have a dedicated server, so online battles are sketchy at best with regular disconnects since one player is always hosting.
If one person's internet isn't the best, they tend to disconnect and lose a duel because of it.
If Duel Links had a battle server, it would fix that since everyone has to be online to play the game anyway.
Since they don't, PvP duels are sluggish at best, so unless you're there for specific rewards during events or are highly competitive,
I rarely feel like going to PvP.
Except for updates, I'm not sure why the game needs to have an internet connection to play.
I'm against the NPCs 90% of the time, and the game already takes up loads of space on my phone.
*shrugs* For a game that should be all about it's PvP free Yu-Gi-Oh play, it doesn't do it well.

But isn't that just Konami in a nutshell? As long as they are making money, who cares about the player base?

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:57 pm

Yeah it’s a bit frustrating

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 pm

The Next Mini-Box has been announced.
Mini-Box #16 is "Secrets of the Ancients".

The main card is, of course, Ancient Fairy Dragon.
Once again Black Rose Dragon has been skipped.
I feel like they fear it's field nuking abilities, but since they are releasing all
of the Signer Dragons, it'll have to come eventually.

Junk Synchron will be an Ultra Rare, which is nice, but seeing as Yusei gets them as part of his skill, seems like a wasted spot.
Should have been a Super.

The other Ultra Rare will be Armades, Keeper of Boundaries.
I never heard of it, but it's a generic Level 5 Synchro, which is nice.
Duel Links is harsh with regard to generic Synchros.

The box contains some Traptrix, Spiders, and Apes (which I didn't even realize was an archetype).
Seems more focused on Beasts than the other things.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:56 am

I like this mini box i’m going to buy till i have 3 junk synchron

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:54 am

That's going to take a boatload of gems seeing as it's an Ultra Rare and you can only get 1 before needing to reset the box.
If you can get three of them before spending over 10,000 gems, I'd be surprised.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 pm

True but still i need at leaat two

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:32 am

Well, Secrets of the Ancients is out, and I already have my bonus 500 gems worth of cards.
Unfortunately they've released the new box so fast, I haven't finished the Blackwings one yet.
I still need 2 more of the Ultras and want 1 more Super that I only got 1 of the 2 copies of so far.

These new Signer-based boxes are being released so close together.
Before 5Ds started up, I was on a mission to collect every card, and was making my way through every box.
I had to give up on that quest once Stardust came out just so I could keep up with the Synchro game.
The speed these boxes are coming out is holding me back from finishing my previous quest.