Duel Links General Discussion

A great place to discuss Konami's new game, "Duel Links" and other Yu-Gi-Oh! mobile games and apps.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Duel Links General Discussion

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Suppliment to the previous post.
Make that TWO Masters level wins.
Sadly I didn't have enough Friendship McGuffins to attempt Round 3 before the event ended, but I at least got myself an Evilswarm Salmandra.
Then again, Round 3's prize would be Unity, and they already gave that to me as a lottery prize.
Just goes to show again how weak the prize cards were for this thing.
I think that Evilswarm Salmandra was also a lottery prize, so it's not really worth the effort of getting angry at Masters level
and the AI partner's occassional stupid or just strange moves.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Lol that's the first I've heard that Solomon Moto would fit that "hey guy's wait up for me" hint. Cyrus makes more sense but Solomon is waaaaay better lol.

Moving on into February with Chazz-a-thon. Took me way too long to figure out that roaming chazz wont show up when you're playing as chazz. But his drop rates are pretty good, although his drop rewards are all fun and no fight. Certainly not meta relevant. Lancer Lindwurm is decent.

Kaiba cup is about to start - which doesn't mean much unless your name is Dkayed. Just more ranked rewards, which is still good and you still get exp, duel-a-thon points etc.

New Box has been leaked - Abyssal Encounters - with water dragon cluster and support, chessboard archfiends and support, citadel whale, axe of fools, and more. Once again, hoping for mobius to fit the water motif.

Some sort of International Duelist Island event alluded to, no details.

Crowler is coming back finally, same with espa roba, and some B list DM characters are going to the gate

Lot's to look forward to.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 am

I need bonz in the gate i need more zombie worlds

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:24 am

Rotkiv77 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 am
I need bonz in the gate i need more zombie worlds
Bonz is at the gate, isn't he?
Maybe you didn't unlock him at the gate yet, but I know they added him to the gate.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:30 am

Really because i have him i guess i’ll give it another cycle

Edit: nope not at the gate maybe i missed him at the event or something but i did unlock him though

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:04 pm

He's not at the gate quite yet, but is coming sometime this month.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:21 pm

xion52998 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:04 pm
He's not at the gate quite yet, but is coming sometime this month.
Yay thank you

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Rotkiv77 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:30 am
Really because i have him i guess i’ll give it another cycle

Edit: nope not at the gate maybe i missed him at the event or something but i did unlock him though
Yeah, I was mistaken, he isn't at the gate.
I didn't have my phone on at the time I wrote the post.

On another note, because of being forced to play in the GX world once again
to play the event, I managed to get my GX Stage to 9, and I know you unlock Alexis
at the gate at Stage 10 and get her character unlock missions at Stage 11.

Problem is that to complete Stage 9, they want me to get 4 Quick Victories with Jaden.
I HATE Jaden and he has no skills to help me play.
He is just terrible, and Quick Victories do not come to me easy except for some opening hand luck.
It's going to hurt me so dueling enough to get him in 4 quick victory situations, and he has nothing good to play.
He's so terrible that I even feel like I have worse luck playing as him, all the while his voice is grating on my ears.
I would honestly never play as him, but I unfortunately cannot pass the mission without him and I really
want someone to use on the GX side of things (when I'm forced to go there) other than Aster Phoenix.

I swear to Osiris that the GX characters are all the worst out of all the Yu-Gi-Oh animes.
Well, as a group, anyway.
Yuya and Yuma are both more horrible than some individual characters on GX, but GX has the worst total cast.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:45 am

Wow, I just found a censored word in Duel Links. :D

As previously stated, I dislike Jaden and therefor don't like Elemental Heroes and don't play them, at all.
Also as previously stated, I HAVE to use him for a Stage mission.
Since his only skill is Hero related, I forced myself to build a Hero Deck (although it's bad since I have none of his cards).
So since I cant stand them, I titled the deck "Elements of Trash".

As I went into a duel against an NPC (which I lost since the deck is naturally terrible), I realized part of the deck name
turned into a series of asterisks.
Apparently the word "trash" is censored.
Just... wow.
I know they want people to be friendly, but can't even use the word trash in my deck name?
Who even sees the deck name other than me? Does it come up for a few seconds at most at the intro to a PvP duel?

It's not even a swear.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:26 pm

I am SO sick of this game's poor excuse for random draws.
In decks where a majority of my cards are monsters, I shouldn't go monsterless for 3 or 4 turns in a row.
Heck, considering my opening hand is all Spells and Traps, that makes it even LESS likely
I should draw zero monsters since the remainder of my deck is now a higher percentage of monsters.

Then there is the constant drawing of ALL my high level monsters in my opening hand without drawing any Level 4 or lowers.
I typically only have 2 or 3 of them in the entire 20 card deck.
Why am I drawing ALL of them opening hand?

Both these situations happen WAY too often to be realistic.
Is it possible for this stuff to actually happen? Of course.
However it shouldn't happen so often that it's noticeable to the point of complaint and anger.
I'm sick of losing duels due to the bad drawing mechanics instead of just building bad decks.
I may not be the best deck builder exactly, but I shouldn't be losing because of a broken game and bad luck.
I cannot possibly win if they don't give me any of my monsters the entire duel.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 am

Side thought after I have unlocked Alexis as a playable character.
Her voice actress stinks.
I've heard worse, but I've easily heard better too.
I don't know who does the voice of the other NPC girls that aren't show characters,
but they have more personality in their performance than Alexis.
Her voice is so bland and generic, and it's painful to listen to when she attempts any emotion.
I know a lot of the voices are over acted, but hers is under acted, having no inflection whatsoever.
It sounds like someone just reading lines off a page and cashing a paycheck.
It's so bad I thought maybe they couldn't get the original actress from the GX dub, but I just looked up some GX Alexis clips on
YouTube, and her voice there is the same generic and bland voice there as in the game.
Now I know Alexis in the anime doesn't have the most exciting character (her character being "girl duelist" and that's about it),
but her VA could have at least tried.

I could almost do a better voice, and I can't even do girl voices.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:10 am

I think I hit my limits.
My NPCs have just started playing Level 45 Decks and I'm losing the majority of the time to them.
It doesn't help that I'm trying to up all my characters to Level 30 and failing to build decks that aren't Dragons, Warriors, or Spellcasters.
And even those are struggling.
I still feel my card pool is lacking, even after all this time.
I was trying to make Tea a decent Plant deck and I only had like 20-30 monster cards to choose from.
Most of those weren't good.
I'd like to build an Aroma deck, but Aromas only have 3 monsters in the game, ALL of them can only be found at the Card Trader at random.
It's a bit depressing that I'm still not very good at a game I've been playing for 10 years.

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:14 am

For NPC's 90% of the time you just want a lv4 beater deck with staple backrow

any 1800/1900 attackers with mirror wall, wall of D, enemy controller, super rush headlong...even the budget option versions of these cards work well. let auto duel do the rest and you'll get to lv 30 in no time.

if you haven't spent a lot of time in PVP, build a semi decent deck and start grinding now. By the end of the month all the competitive cyber angel players are gone and you're left with other casual players just going for rewards. It's an easy way to get the SR and UR tickets you need to get great deck staples like enemy controller, union attack(for farming), black brachios and more.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Mirror Wall is a pain, and I don't have it yet, but I keep trying to get it.
Wall of Destruction falls under that same category.
Those two cards are the bane of my PVP dueling, as everyone else has them.
Enemy Controller I have plenty of, but I usually only have room for 1 or 2 in decks without hurting the rest of the build.
Don't have Super Rush Headlong either.

I refuse to use Auto Dueling.
What's the point? I play the game to play Yu-Gi-Oh.
I won't learn anything or improve if the computer is winning all my duels.
It's just no fun, it's just mining xp at that point, and I've never been a fan of doing things cheaply in games.

I have been playing PVP a lot more recently, but I am one of those casuals who are playing for rewards.
I did manage to get Gold Rank 1 for the first time yesterday, although it was mostly using my "Goku" deck with Joey.
lol, It was entirely high ATK Warriors, boosted by Fields of the Warrior + all the equips.
At least at the level I play at, most people struggle to constantly fight off 2000+ ATK monsters.
I call that deck Goku, by the way, just because it's only plan is to punch the enemy really really hard. DBZA reference. :D

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:32 pm

I think this event is hilarious, just a test to see who has the best auto-duel deck.

Although I saw you dueled my deck Mystic: how many points was it worth, and what was the card it previewed? I'm trying to lure people in with the noobish name/character, but it needs to be worth a ton of points to work well. It seems like it is working fine so far though.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.