Is this some kind of missprint or not?

Everyone has a favorite trap card. What is yours?
AnythingCanDo
Common Duelist

Is this some kind of missprint or not?

Post by AnythingCanDo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:04 am

So, I bought 3 copies of Needle Ceiling Europe Limited Edition WGRT-EN081. Overall, the card is alright except for the artwork's color that's kinda miss the lineart for a bit but it's just so noticeable I'm not sure if it's fake or just a missprint because all 3 have the same problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/md1cn39m7ef3x ... 0.jpg?dl=0

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Is this some kind of missprint or not?

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:06 am

I don't see the problem with the card, although I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "the artwork's color that's kinda miss the lineart".
The card art looks fine to me in that picture.
What exactly are you seeing that's wrong?
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

AnythingCanDo
Common Duelist

Post by AnythingCanDo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:19 am

MysticJhn wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:06 am
I don't see the problem with the card, although I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "the artwork's color that's kinda miss the lineart".
The card art looks fine to me in that picture.
What exactly are you seeing that's wrong?
You can enlarge the pic to see it better. It's like when you print the lineart and the color separately and miss each other. Making it looks like there's some kinda shadow or like when you print a picture with a damaged printer. It's fine in the picture, that's why I don't see the problem before I decided to buy it. But it's so noticeable if you see it directly.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:13 am

I'm well familiar with a misaligned print, but in that picture there isn't one, at least not one I can see in a photo, and I did enlarge the picture.
I even compared the artwork to ones found on the Wiki, and it all seemed correct.

Even if what you're saying is true, then it's just a misprint as all the details are correct.
What you're describing would be exactly what would happen on a run of prints if the registration marks were off when they printed the artwork.
The line art would be on the black plate, which is separate from the other colors.

If they are all from the same run of cards, then it's probably a misprint.
It's not a fake at the very least.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

AnythingCanDo
Common Duelist

Post by AnythingCanDo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 am

MysticJhn wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:13 am
I'm well familiar with a misaligned print, but in that picture there isn't one, at least not one I can see in a photo, and I did enlarge the picture.
I even compared the artwork to ones found on the Wiki, and it all seemed correct.

Even if what you're saying is true, then it's just a misprint as all the details are correct.
What you're describing would be exactly what would happen on a run of prints if the registration marks were off when they printed the artwork.
The line art would be on the black plate, which is separate from the other colors.

If they are all from the same run of cards, then it's probably a misprint.
It's not a fake at the very least.
Alright. Thank you very much. I don't really mind about missprint as long as it's not fake.