Rippling Mirror Force, is it that good?

Everyone has a favorite trap card. What is yours?
#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Rippling Mirror Force, is it that good?

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Hello, my name is #SparksForGame and I'm coming to you with a card discussion; Rippling Mirror Force - the latest Mirror Force card that is coming out in the next set, Shining Victories....actually, fudge this, I'm starting to sound like AlintheaYoh and that's a bad thing, even if he has won an Oscar (no joke!)

But yeah, Rippling Mirror Force, the card the bounces all attack position monsters back to the deck WHEN your opponent does a direct attack. This is apparently meant to be hyped for Yosenju (thank you Zodiac) but, as the forum's resident Yosenju player (I think), I don't think it's going to be that amazing compared to the last 'Mirror Force' card; Quaking Mirror Force.

The major downside to this card is that your opponent has to do a direct attack, forcing you to not do any monster-based plays and sit with back row and not hope that Harpie's Feather Duster becomes legal in the TCG! The benefit of this is that your opponent would believe that you're playing something like Yosenju or Chain Burn (they can have an extra deck, because Trap Eater is a thing! Or Tri-And-Guess, remember that card? :P)
I mean I'd love to clear their board and then launch an attack but then they've got their own backrow to stop me from even summoning, so it's not that bad of a card if you're able to flood your own field at the loss of a single turn.

There is a lot of potential for this card to become good but with Quaking Mirror Force around, you'd rather play that and make them waste their monster slots with unmovable monsters!

If we were going to use it in Yosenju, the most I'd would be two because three can be dead draw AND it depends on your build. Three can sound amazing but also a blowout too. I'll be picking up a playset of it when it comes out (hopefully, if I don't buy a case of the set, like I did with BOSH) and testing it out (if I can find space).

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rippling_Mirror_Force

But yeah, Rippling Mirror Force; do you think it's good? What decks outside of Yosenju could you play it in?
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Rippling Mirror Force, is it that good?

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:34 am

#SparksForGame wrote:Hello, my name is #SparksForGame
Is it really?
X X

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:52 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
Is it really?
Some call me a monster; others a scrub. We all know is, I'm The Spark.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by JhonnyCees » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:19 pm

#SparksForGame wrote:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
Is it really?
Some call me a monster; others a scrub. We all know is, I'm The Spark.
I thought you were #SparksForGame

By the way, is that pronounced Hashtag-sparks-for-game, pound-sparks-for-game, or number-sparks-for-game ?
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

arkain07
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by arkain07 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:28 am

So back to the topic at hand. It can be good depending on the deck.

the Spirit deck can easily play this ( the true Yosenju before they were a thing.)

Ghostrick can due to your opponent making direct attacks due to the field spell.

Psyframes can make use of this.

I feel if this card didn't have the restrictions it would be too OP and the world would run it.

I know this is an old post but felt i had to post this lol
Atumman105 wrote:This isn't easy for me to say, but I've been 100% completely wrong about Monarchs. Thanks to Arkain, I now properly understand both them AND the importance of hand advantage. Thanks, Arkain!

user name here is the same as DN Arkain07

Clan = Moon