Recall (New Counter Trap Card from COTD)......Why?

Everyone has a favorite trap card. What is yours?
Guardian Skunk
Ultra Rare Duelist

Recall (New Counter Trap Card from COTD)......Why?

Post by Guardian Skunk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:08 pm

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Recall

Recall

Counter Trap Card

''When your opponent activates a monster effect: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it, and if you do that, your opponent draws 1 card.''

Its a Dark Bribe for monster effects (Similar to Dark Bribe being for spell/trap cards and Grand Horn of Heaven for Special Summons). It's not a bad card, but I felt like this card came out way too late, mainly because Solemn Strike significantly outclass this card, also the fact your opponent does draw a card, makes it feel a little risky to play. I mean WHY make a card that does the same thing as Solemn Strike, but worse, since Solemn Strike can offer more to the table than Recall can ever, also Solemn Strike doesnt give your opponent a card. Like whats the point?
Hunting for RICHES more precious than GOLD

yusei-oh
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Recall (New Counter Trap Card from COTD)......Why?

Post by yusei-oh » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:34 pm

guess it's for people who don't like paying Life Points.
If you're Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! God FTW!!!

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Recall (New Counter Trap Card from COTD)......Why?

Post by xion52998 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:09 pm

It's possible strike might get a hit but the ocg banlist is months away and they dislike hitting traps anyway. Also hfd is still legal over there so
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.