Are structure decks getting better?

Let's talk about the various starter decks and structure decks that are available.
Post Reply
User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Are structure decks getting better?

Post by JhonnyCees » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Image
Image

It may be that when the first structure decks were coming out I was too young to know, but does anyone else feel that the quality of the Structure decks{and starter decks even} have been vastly improving since their start?

I mean, no one really used REDD when it came out im pretty sure, and for the past three structure decks there have been high tier decks created from them. Why are they getting better if they are at all?

Thoughts?
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
Flu
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 9:57 am

Re: Are structure decks getting better?

Post by Flu » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:26 pm

It isn't even just the last 3.
Every single Structure in the current line of Structures (going back to Machina Mayhem) has been AT LEAST tier 2 at some point, with most reaching tier 1.
MysticJhn wrote:Also, Flu is right
Cencil45 wrote:Flu is pretty much always right

User avatar
Dunfracow
Super Rare Duelist
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: The Batcave

Re: Are structure decks getting better?

Post by Dunfracow » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 pm

yes they are getting better, this is because konami has been trying to balance out the game more.
WHY SO SERIOUS?
Image

User avatar
Master Lightflare
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1274
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Are structure decks getting better?

Post by Master Lightflare » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Dunfracow wrote:yes they are getting better, this is because konami has been trying to balance out the game more.
but all they're doing is making the game more broken with all the new cards. As flu said, since machina mayhem, all of the structure decks are getting really good so you have to keep up with the new decks coming out.
Image

*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
*Avatar created by MysticJhn*
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?

User avatar
Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11043
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Are structure decks getting better?

Post by Zanrith » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:07 pm

I think every structure deck since machina mayhem is STILL good, minus agents.

oh, and what is WCPP on REDD?
insert clever signature here

User avatar
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Are structure decks getting better?

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Did Marik come before Machina Mayhem? Because his was loaded with Gravekeepers for some reason.

They old structure decks may have been good back then, but not anymore, so it would seem as they're getting better and much more broken.
Image
X X

User avatar
Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11043
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Are structure decks getting better?

Post by Zanrith » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Did Marik come before Machina Mayhem? Because his was loaded with Gravekeepers for some reason.
Now that I think about it, Marik came after machina mayhem. Without recruiter though, It wasn't very good on its own, despite me getting 3 of them for casual GKs.
insert clever signature here

User avatar
canasian
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11927
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:48 pm
Location: Anywhere, USA

Re: Are structure decks getting better?

Post by canasian » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:07 am

StardustD417 wrote:oh, and what is WCPP on REDD?
World Championship Premium Pack.
All the Structure Deck bosses from Super Conductor Tyranno up to Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon were reprinted as Rares in it.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Because his was loaded with Gravekeepers for some reason
In the anime, Marik came from a family of tombkeepers. Since Marik didn't use a ton of cards in the anime himself (most of the time it was his minions acting on his behalf), they decided to add Gravekeeper's as a throwback to his heritage.
When the deck was released in Japan in 2004, they just threw in a couple as filler because GK's weren't playable (they didn't have Commandant or Descendant, and the graveyard wasn't really the focus of the game in the way it is now). When they finally brought it to the TCG, they decided to make the structure something sellable, and Gravekeeper's were a highly appealing budget deck (at the time they didn't have Recruiter, but they did get a couple tops here and there before Recruiter was released and themed Anti-Meta was a unique and exciting concept at the time).

User avatar
dark door
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:59 pm
Location: The state of apathy

Re: Are structure decks getting better?

Post by dark door » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 am

The orginal Water stuture did well but many of the others were bad in my oppion

Zombie madness and dragons roar
Zombie was good at the timebut dragons were terrible even back then
blaze of destruction and furry form the deep came out at the same time
Furry from the deep was a good and a good friend told me when it came out unmodified it did good at a regnial or something.
Blaze of destruction off and they put area limit in it was off. you know it looks like the only reaon it was in their was becuase Furry had gravity bind
Warriors thrupth and spellcaster judement was terrible but warrior had armed sameri ben kei and royal decree.
invisible fortress used earth mosters that effect activated when fliped i liked it personly
Lord of the storm harpies need i say more.
Dinosaur rage in the collector edtion had 5 headed dragon but otherwise was worthless
Machine revolt had gadgets and acient gears and combined them with a few monsters so it was decent the real threat is the cover card
Rise of the dragon lord Had trade in and snipe hunter but nothing other of note.
Dark Empror was the reason for macro monarchs
Zombie world Zombie world themed deck not really that good.
Spellcaster command wrong Field spell but was good and tornament ready
Warrior strike Gemni and dark bribe only thing worth metioning
MAchina Mayhem is the reason for the MAchina deck that Populated the world back a while back
Dragonity legion Only if it had some cards for the extra deck it would of been tier 2
Lost scantary Agent deck before it was killed was a good deck
Marirk Gravekeepers
Gates of the underworld Dark world
Dragon collide Kind of disapointed me but choas dragon is a force to be reckoned with
Image
Thanks Darkfireblaze 3636 and Mystic Jhn
Yugioh Zeal
Stories, Poetry, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

Post Reply