Original 1st edition starter decks

Let's talk about the various starter decks and structure decks that are available.
whitzwolf
Common Duelist

Original 1st edition starter decks

Post by whitzwolf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:35 am

Hi there

I just found my Yu-Gi-Oh cards from way back including Yugi Starter Deck, Kaiba Starter Deck and Joey Starter Deck.

The Yugi and Joey one seems to be North American as it has SDY-001 etc and SDJ-001 etc, whilst my Kaiba deck has SDK-A001 etc I think meaning its Australian Oceanic.

That's all fine and good. But what is worrying me is that I might have fully misprinted deck, I've found no information on either of these but:

A. I have two Dark Magicians, the one with SDY-006 is in Rare/Silver name, 1st Edition printed and is not hologram, but I have another without 1st Edition, UR/Gold name, still SDY-006 but does not say 1st Edition but is a hologram, both have the gold hologram at the bottom right corner.

B. All other cards apart from the Dark Magician, Card Destruction and Soul Exchange have Rare/Silver in their names. I'm not sure if this is common but I've found no info at all about this, would like some feedback! Sounds like a really rare misprint or something.

Cheers for the help.

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Original 1st edition starter decks

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:52 am

That seems to be fake then. Every card in the deck has silver writing? pictures would help a lot. The Dark Magician with silver writing seems to be a fake though as it should in fact be gold writing with a foil image.

It sounds as though they are fake but im not 100% sure
X X

Ej1997
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Ej1997 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:02 am

The may actually be legit. I know konami had quite a few miss print releases when yugioh began
signature made by Stardust Dragon also known as Zanrith
YCG Takeover
Wallaceman105 wrote:You know, weddings can be extremely emotional experiences.
Sometimes, even the cake is in tiers.

whitzwolf
Common Duelist

Post by whitzwolf » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:23 am

I unfortunately do not remember where I got the other of the Dark Magicians from. We're talking about 2003ish here, when I was 8 xD

But both the Holo/foil image Soul Exchange and Card Destruction have 1st Edition printed on them, however the holo Dark Magician doesn't whilst the normal Dark Magician does o.O

EDIT: Will have some pictures up soon, just got to get the right lighting, downlights not very good :/