Why put bad cards in structure decks?

Let's talk about the various starter decks and structure decks that are available.
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Why put bad cards in structure decks?

Post by JhonnyCees » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 pm

I agree with you completely Loki, especially this:
Loki wrote:After the original sale of goods it's yours to do with as you please
I was just saying that I'm surprised, with the misers that run Konami, that they have not done that yet. Obviously nothing can be monitored completely, but it would be pretty easy to make a rule that it is only legal to sell Konami products giving Konami a cut of the profits, and then make sure its enforced on the main online relators like CORE tcg and T and T.

I think it would be terrible for the game and would hurt Konami more then it would help them...

which is why Im surprised they havent done it :lol:
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 am

JhonnyCees wrote:I agree with you completely Loki, especially this:
Loki wrote:After the original sale of goods it's yours to do with as you please
I was just saying that I'm surprised, with the misers that run Konami, that they have not done that yet. Obviously nothing can be monitored completely, but it would be pretty easy to make a rule that it is only legal to sell Konami products giving Konami a cut of the profits, and then make sure its enforced on the main online relators like CORE tcg and T and T.

I think it would be terrible for the game and would hurt Konami more then it would help them...

which is why Im surprised they havent done it :lol:
Yeah but then they'd be cutting in on private trading card deals, and since they supposedly appeal to a younger audience, they can't do that. Or something like that. Besides, then there'd be a Yu-Gi-Oh online Black Market...or at least a bigger one...
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

Awsomelink
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by Awsomelink » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:42 pm

sgtc1 wrote:
JhonnyCees wrote:1) The best things in life are free, so you really shouldn't have a reason to equate more money with a better experience.

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good people spend money arbitrarily.

3) There are people who make millions of dollars a day. 100 dollars is nothing.
to me that still barely explains anything >_<
In relation to
HotRod wrote:I simply cannot comprehend how a card could be so expensive. I know that some do cost that much, which just blows me away. For a time, on xbox live you could get Dark Souls for 5 dollars, as opposed to a single yugioh card in a 55 card deck for 100. That is a 1/20 of the price of a SINGLE yugioh card for a great experience. Let's see, 100 x 55 is 5500 dollars. 40 for the main, 15 for the extra. What bothers me is that prices for cards are as high as they are because some people are willing to spend pay check after pay check on one deck.
Its very basic supply and demand. Some decks do well at events or are hyped up before release, then people want those decks. Due to the rarity of these cards as singles, people who obtain them want to maximise their profits and sell the cards at a high price. Now while this IS a kids game, most people I know who play this game are in their late teens and early twenties, with student loans or jobs, meaning they have a lot of disposable income (because they live at home/student accommodation so their costs are low). This means they are willing to spend this disposable income on cards, and therefore there is both a product and market. Where those things exist, business' can be set up, which they have been.

If you have a problem with the cost of cards, you should have a lot of issues with the free market as a whole too. Also Konami knows that this happens to they purposely try not to over hit things on the ban list so cheaper decks can be played at a local/casual level, such as gladiator beasts, gadgets and chaos dragons.

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:55 pm

HotRod wrote:Speaking of money, why do some cards cost so much? Exciton knight is like, 60 bucks at the very least right? Medraut is around 40 (do people even use noble knights?) and during the dragon ruler fiasco dracossack was over 100. Shouldn't Konami be rich? I'm sure it costs far less than $100 to print a single dracossack, the net gain on that must be insane!
Noble Knight Medraut is $40? Since when?! It's a £20 card, tops.

And...Konami don't make the money, it's the shops and people who sell-on the product that make the money.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

Windsofthepast
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Windsofthepast » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:07 pm

I understand putting one of each card in the deck, because it promotes buying more, but sometimes I just think it's stupid after getting the 500th Murading Captain. It's not good, it hasn't been good, and it most likely won't be good any time soon.
#SparksForGame wrote:
HotRod wrote:Speaking of money, why do some cards cost so much? Exciton knight is like, 60 bucks at the very least right? Medraut is around 40 (do people even use noble knights?) and during the dragon ruler fiasco dracossack was over 100. Shouldn't Konami be rich? I'm sure it costs far less than $100 to print a single dracossack, the net gain on that must be insane!
Noble Knight Medraut is $40? Since when?! It's a £20 card, tops.

And...Konami don't make the money, it's the shops and people who sell-on the product that make the money.
I think you might want to check that, Konami makes paper; paper is very inexpensive. I find it highly unlikely that 9 cards really cost 3.99, seeing as shops already sell at a slight profit.

This not even considering the fact that Konami has a suggested retail price already, which potentially limits how much profit they're able to make off of packs.
My thoughts on Pendulum Summoning: "Somebody played a card game and then boom! End of the world. It totally happened, just like I said; just card game -- boom! Everyone dead."

------

Constellar Guide | Masked HERO Guide

Hikari
Common Duelist

Post by Hikari » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Yugioh is that way.

You don't get stronger as you play (as most games do)(well, in Miniclip game we earn some DP as we play), you do as you pay for it.

It'd not be fun if there were only good cards. Everybody would pay some money for it and get strong, and nobody with less money would be able to play. In the way Konami does it, at least we have a little chance of finding ultra cards for a resonable amount.

Android games do something like that to, in the "pay-to-win" business model. You pay, you get strong, you don't pay, you lose to whoever plays, and that's it.

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:02 pm

jeeeeeez dat necrobump tho.
this thread is so old im in it : D
but yea nice wrap up lol.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

draco reborn
Rare Duelist

Post by draco reborn » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:27 am

Obviously for a cash in, Konami hopes that we will bought 3 copies of structure decks for a quick cash in.
If you don't like to bought 3 exactly same structure decks, just bought individual cards from that SD or anywhere else, preferably with lower rarities if you won't spent too much or doesn't care about rarities
Simplicity is the Key

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:55 am

Geez, that necrobump!
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:33 am

#SparksForGame wrote:Geez, that necrobump!
sh-sh-sh-shhh, he's new.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

draco reborn
Rare Duelist

Post by draco reborn » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:40 am

Wallaceman105 wrote:
#SparksForGame wrote:Geez, that necrobump!
sh-sh-sh-shhh, he's new.
not really "new", i'm an old member yet forgot to check the dates...my fault :oops:
Simplicity is the Key