Legendary Decks II: Yugi's Deck Problem/Question

Let's talk about the various starter decks and structure decks that are available.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Legendary Decks II: Yugi's Deck Problem/Question

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:54 pm

I am curious about a specific card in Yugi's Deck and why it's there.
Specifically the card Ties of the Bretheren.
Pay 2000 LP, then target 1 Level 4 or lower monster you control; for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters, also Special Summon 2 monsters from your Deck, with the same Type, Attribute, and Level as that monster, but with different names from each other and that monster. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card.
Now I look over Yugi's Deck and I can't find any combination of 3 monsters under Level 4 that all have the same Type, Attribute, and Level.
Well, none that is except for the Exodia limbs, and I can't imagine a situation you'd want three of them on the field.
Now you can use one on the field to Summon The Legendary Exodia Incarnate, but what do you do with the other 2?
If you want to Summon Exodia Incarnate, you can just Normal Summon one of the limbs and save yourself 2000 LP.

Am I missing something, or is this a curiously bad addition to a "Legendary" deck?
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Legendary Decks II: Yugi's Deck Problem/Question

Post by Lord dragon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:11 am

Dont Alpha, Beta, and Gamma have the same type/level/attribute?
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:51 pm

They do, but those cards weren't present in that particular deck. Ties of the Brethren, in that deck, could really just be used to get Exodia limbs to the field as tribute for one of the Egyptian Gods or Incarnate - plus doing so would set you up for Necross. But you're right it's really not very good in this deck.

That being said - this card is really useful in any other version of Yugi's deck's. The first set of Legendary Decks would all appreciate this card, so would the newest Yugi Structure deck. He's got tons of themed monsters for this card like gadgets, magnet warriors, exodia still, and a good amount of lv4 Light spellcasters like mystical elf, skilled white magician, silent magician, magicians valkyria, etc.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Lord dragon wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:11 am
Dont Alpha, Beta, and Gamma have the same type/level/attribute?
What funny about this is that, even though they don't appear in this particular deck,
that is exactly what Yugi used those cards on for the one time Ties of the Brethren appeared in the anime.
He Summoned all 3 Gadgets to power up Stronghold the Moving Fortress.
To be fair, this was Yugi's duel against the Pharaoh, so it was at least used in a memorable duel.

So the only monsters he's ever used this card for in the one time Yugi ever played it aren't in this deck.

It was seen twice in GX, but never actually used, and was actually played once in the Yu-Gi-Oh R manga by
some duelist who was playing a Machina Deck. Not by Yugi.

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by jwestbro11 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Yes sounds like it was meant for exodia which is weird but then their is tricky magic so it isn't even supposed to be meant to be non competitive playable. I guess it works with Backup soldier in the deck summon leg activate ties then add them back to your hand by backup soldier.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:39 pm

I mean, I know decks like these are meant to be a base to built upon and not really competitive, but they are supposed to be good enough to play casually, yet putting a card in there that has only one use and is a dead draw a majority of the time is odd.

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Gotta keep in mind that this is a collectible toy too, you gotta buy this deck for that card and the other decks for the cards it supports lol.

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by jwestbro11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:49 pm

The only reason looks so maybe some competive players would buy the deck just a bunch of collectors cards exodia and the gods. Nothing done in this deck seems to be for actually use a 60 card scrub deckbuider would destroy this deck even if they have a decade old cards. So kind ties of the breathern isnt a bad choice no one would actually play this outside a new player.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents