Statistics on rarity? Please help!

Got something to say? We would like to encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh and other gaming forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and the possibly members who post it. Please save our time and yours by not promoting other web sites without prior approval of the moderator.
Yuugi1st
Common Duelist

Statistics on rarity? Please help!

Postby Yuugi1st » Fri May 21, 2010 6:03 am

Hi. I need to do a math thing (i´m not a very good explainer) that uses statistics, and i´m doing it about Yugioh card rarities.
So, please if you can tell me with what possibility you can get cards of certain rarity you can get from booster buiyng packs. If you´d tell me, i´d really appreciate it.

Linkin-Phoenix
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Statistics on rarity? Please help!

Postby Linkin-Phoenix » Fri May 21, 2010 6:50 am

Rarities are on the pack, however you can look here: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rarity

This will give you all the info on card rarities you'll need.

Most of the time its 8 to 1. 8 commons to one rare. Going up from there I'd reccomend the website.

Across the Planet Comics with your hosts Katrina & Nick released every Sunday. Join us to look at the news of the week and the best (And sometimes worst) comics of that week and yesteryear.

Kyduk
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Postby Kyduk » Fri May 21, 2010 7:56 am

Let's take Shining Darkness for example.

9 cards per pack, 24 packs per box
Includes 100 cards:

* 1 Ghost Rare
* 8 Secret Rares
* 10 Ultimate Rares
* 10 Ultra Rares
* 14 Super Rares
* 20 Rares
* 48 Commons

In each pack, you're guaranteed a Rare. So, out of 9 cards, one's a Rare. After that, out of the 8 remaining cards, you have a chance 1 will be super rare or higher. I won't do the maths for you, but will give you everything I can.

Super Rares have a Ratio of 1:5.
Ultras are 1:12.
Secrets are 1:23
Ghosts are 1:36

What it all means, is that in a box of 24 boosters, you should get around 4-5 supers, 2 ultras, 1 or maybe 2 secrets, and if you're lucky a ghost rare (the rates shows that there's would be an average of 2 ghosts per 3 boxes).

Ultimate rares, I dunno the rates, but I believe there's a chance you get them instead of another rarity (if a card can be ultra or ultimate, you could get it as an ultimate, but would count as an ultra in the box)
RC-1 Certified Judge

HaouJudai
Retired Staff

Postby HaouJudai » Fri May 21, 2010 9:40 am

Welcome to the site yugi!! :D It's good to have you aboard!!

Thanks for giving him some really good information Kyduk and Linkin :o. It is appreciated. If you go further than the rarity ratios then there is a very good article in the guide section on drawing probabilities.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=14242

canasian
Super Special Awesome Rare

Postby canasian » Fri May 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Just a little thing, isn't Ghost Rare 1 in 36 BOXES, not packs?

I've seen at least 10 different reports in the look what i pulled thread of people pulling ghosts and I thought they were all either liars or they should be buying lottery tickets, not children's trading cards.

Umbra8$
Super Rare Duelist
Location: Somewhere in Washington. And no, the state, Not D.C. you fool!

Postby Umbra8$ » Sat May 22, 2010 4:54 pm

canasian wrote:Just a little thing, isn't Ghost Rare 1 in 36 BOXES, not packs?

I've seen at least 10 different reports in the "look what i pulled" thread of people pulling ghosts, and I thought they were all either liars or they should be buying lottery tickets, not children's trading cards.

Nominated for making me chuckle.
Loki wrote:
Dizeazed25 wrote:wish i had a wallet to kill. :lol:

But then you'd just be a wallet murderer like the rest of us. You don't want that.

HaouJudai
Retired Staff

Postby HaouJudai » Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 am

canasian wrote:Just a little thing, isn't Ghost Rare 1 in 36 BOXES, not packs?

I've seen at least 10 different reports in the look what i pulled thread of people pulling ghosts and I thought they were all either liars or they should be buying lottery tickets, not children's trading cards.

I'll put it in the epic quote guide now. :D I don't think a ghost rare has that kind of rarity. It should be listed somewhere. Are the rarities tracked via wikia?

echohawk
YCG Data Hunter

Postby echohawk » Sun May 23, 2010 10:40 am

From the Wiki:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_Rare
The odds of getting one are 1:36 booster boxes.

Return to “General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion”