Lightsworn and banned list

Got something to say? We would like to encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh and other gaming forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and the possibly members who post it. Please save our time and yours by not promoting other web sites without prior approval of the moderator.
rampage42
Ultra Rare Duelist

Lightsworn and banned list

Postby rampage42 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Where do you think these cards are best? (Limited, Semi-Limited, or Unlimited and explain why)

Charge of the light brigade

Lumina lightsworn sorcerer

Necro Gardna

canasian
Super Special Awesome Rare

Re: Lightsworn and banned list

Postby canasian » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:46 pm

All of them are probably fine at limited

I could see Necro Gardna at semi being okay since BfaDD is limited but they should probably all stay where they are.

Wysten
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Postby Wysten » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:48 pm

I think they are all fine where they are. Nerco could probably be semied considering battle fader.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Postby DoomMoose » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:50 pm

IDK, A/D changer does the same thing necro gardna does better. He's a free E-con.

Pm for a duel.
DMG: DoomMoose
YVD: DoomMoose

rampage42
Ultra Rare Duelist

Postby rampage42 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:49 pm

DoomMoose wrote:IDK, A/D changer does the same thing necro gardna does better. He's a free E-con.

Someone was telling me about that card. What set is it coming out in and whats its exact name?

rampage42
Ultra Rare Duelist

Postby rampage42 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Wysten wrote:I think they are all fine where they are. Nerco could probably be semied considering battle fader.

good point :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

canasian

Postby canasian » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:52 pm

It's name is A/D Changer.
It's in DREV.
And it's the beginning of a new tier 0.

And since when has double posting except for a bump been acceptable? Would it really have been any harder to hit the "edit" button instead of the "post reply" button?

Flu
Parallel Rare Duelist

Postby Flu » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:55 pm

DoomMoose wrote:IDK, A/D changer does the same thing necro gardna does better. He's a free E-con.

* The effect of "A D Changer" is an Ignition Effect that you can only activate during your Main Phase.[1]

Nope, doesn't work on your opponent's turn
MysticJhn wrote:Also, Flu is right

Cencil45 wrote:Flu is pretty much always right

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Postby DoomMoose » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:31 am

Flu wrote:

* The effect of "A D Changer" is an Ignition Effect that you can only activate during your Main Phase.[1]

Nope, doesn't work on your opponent's turn

It's kinda weird that it's ignition.
I guess they didn't wanna break yugimonz.

Pm for a duel.

canasian

Postby canasian » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:32 am

They broke it anyway.

Now they're going to have to limit that innocent Book of Taiyou.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Postby DoomMoose » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:34 am

canasian wrote:They broke it anyway.

Now they're going to have to limit that innocent Book of Taiyou.

They'll probly just limit AD changer.
It's way way way better.
edit: Also, you and flu are really under the impression it's going to break empty jar to the point of chaos/ tele-DaD.
They will get better. Will they be horribly broken? no. I can't even tell you for sure if they'll be tier 1. I mean they aren't topping in japan, so don't get your hopes too high.

Pm for a duel.

Flying Elephant
Parallel Rare Duelist

Postby Flying Elephant » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:49 am

DoomMoose wrote:I can't even tell you for sure if they'll be tier 1. I mean they aren't topping in japan, so don't get your hopes too high.

The OCG and TCG metagame are two completely different entities. What tops in Japan is not necessarily going to top here and vice versa. While it might not be to the point of being TeleDaD levels, it certainly will make a great and surprisingly consistent Antimeta deck.

canasian

Postby canasian » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:54 am

DoomMoose wrote:Also, you and flu are really under the impression it's going to break empty jar to the point of chaos/ tele-DaD.
They will get better. Will they be horribly broken? no. I can't even tell you for sure if they'll be tier 1. I mean they aren't topping in japan, so don't get your hopes too high.

/Because the Japanese meta always predicts ours exactly.

DoomMoose
Parallel Rare Duelist

Postby DoomMoose » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:30 am

Flying Elephant wrote:
DoomMoose wrote:I can't even tell you for sure if they'll be tier 1. I mean they aren't topping in japan, so don't get your hopes too high.

The OCG and TCG metagame are two completely different entities. What tops in Japan is not necessarily going to top here and vice versa. While it might not be to the point of being TeleDaD levels, it certainly will make a great and surprisingly consistent Antimeta deck.

canasian wrote:
DoomMoose wrote:Also, you and flu are really under the impression it's going to break empty jar to the point of chaos/ tele-DaD.

/Because the Japanese meta always predicts ours exactly.

I like how you both instantly deny it...
While the japanese meta doesn't always accurately predict tcg's, it can be a prediction considering that the deck doesn't use any tcg exclusives. To the extent of my knowledge, empty jar doesn't. I'm not saying it's an entirely accurate prediction, but at this point it's the most accurate one we have.
All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up; A/D changer surely helps empty jar, but I see no proof that it will make it a severely broken deck

Pm for a duel.

canasian

Postby canasian » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:39 am

Call it bias then.
I just find the deck really interesting (and testing it I found that it's a really, really consistent FTK/OTK, way more consistent than Frogs) and Flu seems to be truly passionate about the deck.

Speaking of Flu, I'm sure he can argue for this far better than I can since the deck is really his baby. So I'm going to wait for him to weigh in on the debate.

Return to “General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion”