Whats with Synchro?

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.
pyropiks
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Whats with Synchro?

Post by pyropiks » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:12 pm

When i used to play yugioh regularly Synchro did not exist.. actually the last i knew of were E. Heroes.. could you correct me if i am wrong.... to synchro summon a monster.. i need to tribute a tuner monster and from either my field or hand other monster/s whose level reach the same or more of the monster i am summoning? and i summon it from my extra deck?... right?

thx....
....."力"..."暗".....

canasian
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Whats with Synchro?

Post by canasian » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:14 pm

When you synchro summon, you send a tuner monster and any number of non-tuner monsters from the field to the graveyard, and then you special summon a synchro from your extra deck with a level equal to the total of the monsters you sent to the Graveyard.

Some synchros have specific requirements, such as Scrap Twin Dragon requiring the Tuner monster to have "Scrap" in its name. On the other hand, some tuners have restrictions, like Debris Dragon, who can only be used for a Dragon-type synchro monster.

Alamo
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Alamo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Its only from the field, they have to be face up, and only your side.
Alamo's Deck Library
Pojo: Dahbeast
YVD: Alamo72
PM me for a duel.

pyropiks
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by pyropiks » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:22 pm

ok, and if i summon them from my graveyard?.. can i do so without the whole tributing tuners and that?
....."力"..."暗".....

Dark_Armed_Pineapple
Secret Rare Duelist
Location: Removing from play plants to destroy monsters, Worldwide.

Post by Dark_Armed_Pineapple » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:23 pm

pyropiks wrote:ok, and if i summon them from my graveyard?.. can i do so without the whole tributing tuners and that?
You can't summon them from the grave via the normal method, same way you can't summon a fusion from grave with polymerization.
Click my sig for decks. Feel free to request a sig.

Laskeri wrote:
Dark_Armed_Pineapple wrote:
What Goes On wrote:Pineapple is just not good. No
lol

pyropiks
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by pyropiks » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:27 pm

ook, thank you all... i think i'll stick to what i know how to play for now and maybe then start using synchro...
....."力"..."暗".....

Wysten
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Wysten » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:21 am

Aye, synchro summoning is a useful tool, but only if you can do it efficently or as a little tool to fix an awkward situation now and again. I only tend to get them out if I have a use for them, if I don't, then I don't synchro. Just it really does add a extra diamention, but also give another possible trip up point for the oppoment. Do they run a battle solid deck or a more gimmic synchro deck like X-sabers, poor stats, but great effects that can potencially cripple your oppoment in a single turn.

That being said, many synchro monsters are hard to get hold of, so take your time. Stardust Dragon and Red Dragon Archfiend are out now and are pretty good generally.