WHY is yu gi oh now complicated?

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.

Would you like Yu gi oh to be magically set back 10 years?

Yes
25%
No
61%
Kinda
14%

Total votes: 28

DefaultDuelistDealer
Common Duelist

WHY is yu gi oh now complicated?

Post by DefaultDuelistDealer » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:04 pm

I remember when I was a little kid, right after pokemon, yu gi oh was awesome. Now it sucks, you got all these special rules, and synchro monsters, and 5d things, and chain links, and a counters, worm counters, all this Poop rules and wierd as cards, like some cards are 3 monsters in 1.

I loved when Blue Eyes was the coolest card and fusions were absolutely awesome.

Imagine in 10 years, theres gonna be like 5 more types, im going to hate it more. I liked the simple

Magic
Trap
Common
Effect
Ritual
Fusion

canasian
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: WHY is yu gi oh now complicated?

Post by canasian » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:09 pm

The problem is that a monotonous game gets stale very quickly.
Konami has created an entire new set of issues by putting the amount of speed that they have into Yugioh, but ultimately without the growth and development we've seen over the past 10 years the game would've died around 2005.

LewieGee
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by LewieGee » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:36 pm

What can said. Any good game needs movement, development, new ideas, new concepts... gets stale quickly otherwise.
:oops:

Rognarr
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Rognarr » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:28 pm

I like the fancy stuff, like synchros, but I FREAKING HATE THIS META. I hate how there are several decks that top, and they are retardedly expensive to make.
Thanks to Zeronex for the sig.
DN username=Rognar

ThatGuy
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by ThatGuy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:34 pm

i agree with Rognarr but sometimes i do wish it was simple like the old days but the new stuff makes it more fun imo and theirs more strategy(sp) involved these days, well to a degree
Signature Made by Me

B.3.A.S.T.1.Y__
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by B.3.A.S.T.1.Y__ » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Any game that lasts more than 15 turns is either a really close, good duel; or it is extremely tedious and, as previously mentioned, stale. Konami needed to add new concepts to the game and new speed to the game to keep it fresh. If there's nothing new, the game becomes the same old, same old and dies.

What really killed the game is REDICULOUSLY overpowered archetypes and loops. Konami has now become more of a business and not just a children's card game creator. The intentionally make one archetype super imbalanced, than make all the key cards rares, and packs sell out like nuts. More cha-ching for them. Konami's happy, and the people that got their rares are happy. End of story.
The people have spoken! 'Viva la resistance!'
Carl, you pushed the resistance leader into a giant fan.
He was a traitor and a scoundrel!
He was trying to stop you from pushing other people into a giant fan!

A Falcon's Wingbeat

Hogyokuju
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by Hogyokuju » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Apparently a game of summoing Slate Warrior and Jinzo and equiping United We STand and Mage Power while spamming Widespread ruin and Fissure is more fun than a tactical game

Wow i just know
Dark Strike Fighter should be Unbanned. Its useless/sarcasm

JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by JhonnyCees » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 pm

10 years it a bit to far back, I like it now with the xyz and syncro and whatnot, but I find all the Alien counters, Venom counters, gaurd counters, etc., kind of annoying.
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

Wink;)
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Wink;) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:12 am

But none of those decks are really used... guard counters are just one card anyway,r right? Aliens and Venom are both pretty unused decks...

Krio
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Krio » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm

On the upside, the banlist's about the same as the one from ten years ago, so there's not that much to complain about..
HaouJudai wrote:could you imagine a yugioh duelist watching a warehouse of crimson crisis burn? Someone running towards the blaze yelling 'Armor Master!'

downsystem
Rare Duelist

Post by downsystem » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 pm

is good to add some new sutff in the game, like synchrons and xyz. but i really HATE METAGAME. i mean everyone use the same lists, for the same deck, just because they topped.its like every blackwing deck have 1 dark armed dragon. so gay ¬¬.

Rognarr
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Rognarr » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Everyone uses the same lists because they work. Every Bleckwing deck runs 1 DAD cuz he's broken.
Thanks to Zeronex for the sig.
DN username=Rognar

xyugiohaddict
Common Duelist

Post by xyugiohaddict » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:20 am

Lol, sorry if this sounds like a dis to you folks, but yugioh has always been confusing. i started playing the card game in 2006 but stopped for 2 reasons, the second being the confusing nature of some of the cards and card rulings. many things seemed to not only be lost in translation, but seemed to not be play tested. the game was 10 years old when it came from japan. i think maybe some of you people were too young to see its problems. when they started banning staples like mon. reborn, raigeki, change of heart and others i threw my hands up sold my cards and didnt play again til they started making yugioh video games, but even those have issues with card rulings being off.

Hogyokuju
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by Hogyokuju » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:41 am

I have fully understand the ruling completely out of the box and already made the best deck that could be the meta deck of those times(2003-2004) which was Jinzo + Summoned Skull + Slate Warrior + Kycoo + UWS, MS, Fissure, ME Bug, Penguin, and staples

And by that time im only 9-10.

If a 9-10 years old can understand the game, why cant teenagers ?
Dark Strike Fighter should be Unbanned. Its useless/sarcasm

Krio
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Krio » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:39 am

xyugiohaddict wrote:Lol, sorry if this sounds like a dis to you folks, but yugioh has always been confusing. i started playing the card game in 2006 but stopped for 2 reasons, the second being the confusing nature of some of the cards and card rulings. many things seemed to not only be lost in translation, but seemed to not be play tested. the game was 10 years old when it came from japan. i think maybe some of you people were too young to see its problems. when they started banning staples like mon. reborn, raigeki, change of heart and others i threw my hands up sold my cards and didnt play again til they started making yugioh video games, but even those have issues with card rulings being off.
Step 1 Read card.
Step 2 Apply common sense.

Repeat steps one and two until understood. Once understood,

Step 3 Think of a strategy and a combination.
Step 4 Win. If the result is anything else, proceed to Step 5.
Step 5 Learn from experience.

If you have not achieved Step 4, then reapply Steps 5, 1, 2, and 3 until you have properly achieved Step 4.
HaouJudai wrote:could you imagine a yugioh duelist watching a warehouse of crimson crisis burn? Someone running towards the blaze yelling 'Armor Master!'